Hair Products

Anton

ill give it a try. i also wanna try sumotec, grey gatsby, handz de fuko and some other stuff. 

hold (sumotec) < hold (sumowax)

I use both depending on the finish (sumotec = matte; sumowax = a bit shiny) and thin hair, too. Either you use hair spray or a good leave in product like bumble and bumble texture. This provides already a lot of hold, texture and matte finish.

• 1 month later...

may purchase some of this after I get a new haircut sometime next week..

image-2.jpg

..and this..

image-1.jpg

..my hair is too thick for sticky thick glue-like product.. I need like a real subtle moisturising cream to go into my 'bulk' of hair.

Is baxter water-based? I don't like petroleum-based ones like Uppercut because it ruins your jawnz.

My friend uses Imperial pomade. 

I recently got cool grease rom JPN and it's the shit. 

is there anything i can use to make my hair softer?  my hair is really hard and it always stands up and doesnt go the way i want it to

also, any suggestions on combs, or anything will do?

It sounds kind of weird but put about a tablespoon of organic coconut oil in my hair, leave it for about 40 minutes and wash it out in the shower and my hair has never had better and softer texture

Edited by photostroika

is there anything i can use to make my hair softer?  my hair is really hard and it always stands up and doesnt go the way i want it to

also, any suggestions on combs, or anything will do?

Kent Comb and 100% horse hair brush

The only thing ive came across that leaves it soft is di:fi the blue one, think its called struct. Its there most popular, it has hold to it, more of a pliable hold with a creamyness. Garnier also sells some cream for your hair that leaves it real smooth and soft

I need some help. ok so ive tried american crew fiber, american crew forming cream, american crew gel, difi construct, difi gravity (ithink), imperial classic pomade, layright original, axe touch and spike, garnier, murrays classic and tres flowers. So if u want to ask me about any of theses go ahead. 

BUT what i need is help finding a cheap product with no shine or close to  none, has very strong hold throughout the whole day that doesn't cause my hair to go fat (i have thin hair), i need to able to touch my hair throughout the day and for the product to not go away because of it. I've been searching for a product like this for a long time and nothing ive used can do this, so if can suggest me something i can use that matches what i need it'll be really helpful. Also my hairs about 4 inches long ontop

suavecito-pomade-firm-hold.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

recently bought some cool grease black and i'm pretty disappointed. on the bright side, it is pretty much the water base version of murrays light. not as much shine, but very good for a water base pomade. hold is about the same. or if you guys used american crew firm hold gel, it is pretty much like that without the crustiness of a gel when dried.

recently bought some cool grease black and i'm pretty disappointed. on the bright side, it is pretty much the water base version of murrays light. not as much shine, but very good for a water base pomade. hold is about the same. or if you guys used american crew firm hold gel, it is pretty much like that without the crustiness of a gel when dried.

I've been using cool grease blue. I usually mix it with Gatby's multiform (brown). 

If you want decent hold, you have to use a crap load of cool grease. It is the #1 rated pomade in Japan but I honestly don't know. I must be doing it wrong. My friend (caucasian) uses imperial and tried it a few times. I might try imperial "4" and see how it is. 

I'm kinda into the shiny look, not so much into matte any more.

Edited by herpsky

Slick Devil is stronger than Suavecito Original and slightly stronger than Suavecito Firme. It has a matte finish and definitely hardens, but not to the extent of Suavecito. Downside of the product is that it doesn't lend to restyling throughout the day.

If you guys wanna add shine and prevent a water-based pomade from drying too much throughout the day...just add some Dax Super Neat. Trust.

oR5MGxY.jpg

tumblr_inline_mkrcbdNpVS1qz4rgp.jpg

>>The_pomp

What's your take on imperial pomade? you seem to be a pomade expert.

I'm no expert, just have experience. I arranged to do a review for them, but I'm still waiting for the product(s) to arrive in my mail. I've heard a huge mixture of good and bad things about them, so I don't even know what to expect.

I've been using cool grease blue. I usually mix it with Gatby's multiform (brown). 

If you want decent hold, you have to use a crap load of cool grease. It is the #1 rated pomade in Japan but I honestly don't know. I must be doing it wrong. My friend (caucasian) uses imperial and tried it a few times. I might try imperial "4" and see how it is. 

I'm kinda into the shiny look, not so much into matte any more.

my ritual was applying layrite or uppercut deluxe as a base and then layer murrays light on top for the shine. i wanted to switch to 1 product only hence why i bought cool grease black. they advertised it as the 3rd strongest hold in their lineup, so i was surprised in how weak it turned out to be. nonetheless still a nice water base pomade. bonus for me as i wanted to find a water base alternative to murrays light.

maybe the blue might be a stronger hold? i wouldn't be surprised as uppercut messed up their advertising between the deluxe pomade (water based) and the monster hold (wax based) where the deluxe pomade is much stronger between the 2.

on a different note, i wish schwarzkopf would get into the water base pomade game. i really like the fragrance they use in their products especially the osis+ line.

pretty easy - just get a high fade with some added length on the top. his hair is wet with seawater (no homo), so to get a similar look i'd just use a decent salt spray (bumble & bumble) mixed with something like a small amount of baxter clay pomade or uppercut featherweight - a 'traditional' omade like layrite, imperial etc are too heavy for that kind of thing. i'm a whiteboy though, asian hair will probably be a lot harder/impossible to deal with on a textural level.

edit - with the exception of slick devil, i have tried basically every single product in this thread over the years.

Edited by conqueror

pretty easy - just get a high fade with some added length on the top. his hair is wet with seawater (no homo), so to get a similar look i'd just use a decent salt spray (bumble & bumble) mixed with something like a small amount of baxter clay pomade or uppercut featherweight - a 'traditional' omade like layrite, imperial etc are too heavy for that kind of thing. i'm a whiteboy though, asian hair will probably be a lot harder/impossible to deal with on a textural level.

edit - with the exception of slick devil, i have tried basically every single product in this thread over the years.

yea i tried using that uppercut featherweight and it was too weak. i applied so much and it just doesnt hold.

got layrite after and ive been happy with it

did you ever achieve this look?

really want this for my stubborn, asian hair but dont know where to start Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can also try out Blind Barber 90 Proof. Wasn't good for what I needed but may help you achieve what you're looking for.

tumblr_inline_my8yfhOyHq1raebjw.jpg

Edited by The_Pomp.