macbook info

rabka

So I wanna download my iTunes library from my PC to my Mac, friends have recommended I get Mojo to do this - any thoughts from experienced users?

I'll only on Mac day 1, so I've very much a noob.

assuming you have an ipod, sync it up with the pc. download 'senuti' on your mac and it will rip all the music off your ipod.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

assuming you have an ipod, sync it up with the pc. download 'senuti' on your mac and it will rip all the music off your ipod.

ipod has been broke for some time. Like I said before, I'm looking to download my PC itunes library to my MBPro itunes... this requires a program. I've used one for PC before, but now that I'm on a Mac, I'm at a bit of a loss what to download to achieve this.

niggersaywhat

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/05/28/confirmed_intel_delay_will_push_back_macbook_overhauls.html

for anyone who cares about upcoming macbook/pro updates but doesnt want to read some lame article about chipset manufacture

1. its coming but not before "the tail end of the back-to-school buying season"

2. its going to be the biggest update since ibook->macbook

This had usually been typical of Apple though, they release new portables in early September, the iMac in January, announce the revisions at other lesser conferences. I had to wait 2 or 3 weeks into my freshman year of college because I was waiting for them to release the clamshell iBook SE.. (fuck, this is dating me....)

I swear, there must just be a program out there that downloads over an internet connection. I did this with my brother back when he got his 1G macbook last year.

WHAT PROGRAM WAS IT??? fuck.

Also, how do I take the firewall off my PC so I can share the library.

EDIT: whatever im just sending it over AIM

if you have them on the same network cant you set up a shared folder thats accessible by everyone on the network and get it like that?

I didn't set up the network, so I don't know how to take down the firewall so I can access it. It won't even let me browse the library in itunes let alone copy it. Not to worry, the download is in progress over aim. I'll have to seek out all the more recent files to complete my itunes, but all is well.

Part of my MacBook just cracked. I'm not sure exactly what it is called, but it is the top part of the beveled edge to the right of the trackpad (towards the corner). I bought Apple Care and have only had it for 6 months, should I have any problems getting this fixed/replaced for free? I've never dropped it and it's been stored in an Incase sleeve when not in use.

Is it common procedure to fix this type of cosmetic flaw or does that piece require replacement of the entire laptop?

Part of my MacBook just cracked. I'm not sure exactly what it is called, but it is the top part of the beveled edge to the right of the trackpad (towards the corner). I bought Apple Care and have only had it for 6 months, should I have any problems getting this fixed/replaced for free? I've never dropped it and it's been stored in an Incase sleeve when not in use.

Is it common procedure to fix this type of cosmetic flaw or does that piece require replacement of the entire laptop?

just had that done, and no apple care. these cases are garbage. and they know it. they replaced it in 10 mins while i waited.

just had that done, and no apple care. these cases are garbage. and they know it. they replaced it in 10 mins while i waited.

oh, I've had tape over mine for months. Didn't think they'd change it.

Am i the only one that loves beating the shit out of my macbook?

I love the look of a truly worn in laptop, beat to hell, stained, etc..

for most people, what you just mentioned stays solely with leather and denim, and doesn't translate to technology, especially if its an understated and slick and clean white/black laptop with a logo of an apple smacked right on top.

but yeah i beat my macbook up as well. actually i beat everything up. for some reason i just cant take care of my shit very well.

yeah kiya i like beating the shit out of mine too. but now it is crackled, the palm place is all yellowish, the trackpad works randomly, and the airport is kinda fucked (i think this is a common problem). I think i'll buy a blacn housing+keyboard to make my laptop cleaner.

that's a common problem. they just crack there over time. but if you really wanna fix it, i'm pretty sure it's just a cover and they could replace just that part.

i need a new laptop but still love my old powerbook g4, but cannot justify a macbook pro.

black macbook maybe.

Macbook Pro is whats up.

Your massive hands will not enjoy the width/breadth of the 13" regular Macbook keyboard.

One of the main reasons I got a MBPro instead of Macbook

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly the same thing has happened to mine, in the exact same place. Not to mention the 'Magsafe Adapter' has now gone. Might pop into Apple Store tomorrow and see what they can do. Definitely gotta get Apple Care when I finally upgrade to a Pro.

Am i the only one that loves beating the shit out of my macbook?

I love the look of a truly worn in laptop, beat to hell, stained, etc..

lol My white Macbook is now blue underneath from my Jeans.

i need a new laptop but still love my old powerbook g4, but cannot justify a macbook pro.

black macbook maybe.

don't do it. i still think 12" powerbook g4 is the best laptop they ever made (powerPC for life). don't buy the black one, macbook pro or wait for the new model.

Guest No Handclaps Please

got my mbpro 2 weeks ago im loving every minute on it..

macbooks seems so cheap, ordinary, and small now

not like MBPs are uncommon or anything but i really look down on macbooks now:D