Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

ugh, thing is, let them be characters in editing

but in front of him, they're people so that's just painful for me to read.

documentary is the fog of grey that good people go into and come out looking like an asshole

edit:

Empathy is my answer to every question of ethics.

but real thoughts:

hypothetically, if he was the conversationalist we wished he was, he would have gotten more out of these people than rationalizing to the camera why they're picking hitchhikers up -- i mean he did, but it all circled around why they stopped the car in the first place. I just think it's the wrong approach to take, hitchhiking is scary on both sides then you introduce a camera which makes every out of whack. The power struggle of documentarian and subject is funky, and there's a lot of ways to approach it, I just... didn't agree with his approach.

but it must have been a great experience, and even if it didn't show in the film, he probably learned a lot -- about technical stuff... like how to keep the camera charged... ha.

and sadly enough, as a viewer, i don't think he got kate to open up at all, i don't he ever got to know her, she never opened up to him, really, unless she was apologizing or rationalizing -- at least on film

That's actually an interesting point. What do you think could've been some good alternative ideas?

btw, are you in any way involved in the film industry? or maybe just an avid film watcher? Just seems like you have some insightful points that would make for an interesting documentary if you ever sought to.

That's actually an interesting point. What do you think could've been some good alternative ideas?

btw, are you in any way involved in the film industry? or maybe just an avid film watcher? Just seems like you have some insightful points that would make for an interesting documentary if you ever sought to.

I study ethnography pretty intensively, and I get pretty ambitious with what I do for school projects, so I've learned a lot how to work, what I like and what I'm capable of doing.

Most of my favorite ethnographers/documentarians are the women like Zora Hurston, Adrian Leblanc, Mary Ellen Mark

Right now, I'm studying specifically ethnomusicalogy and the idea oral tradition.

honestly, again, no knock on julian, maybe I'm wrong but I guess this might have been the first time he put himself out there, it was like he was charging out there into the world of strangers, and he was just excited, overexcited to compensate for the nervousness. And if so, this was admirable on his part.

this is ridiculous.....

Even before I read the article, I could already guess what this was about.

Whenever I see someone even slightly talented, performing his/her art on the street, it takes everything in me not to just stop and sit there for an hour to listen and watch.

this has nothing to do with the post above, but I justed finished watching it for the umpteenth time. If I'm gonna procrastinate, might as well do it poetically.

8I1VxiCCBSs

all i can think about lately is buying acronym... somebody hook me up w some cheap(ish) stuffs!!

good luck with the search ed but aside from the shcoeller textile i don't see the appeal. a lot of bells and whistles for a rain jkt, looks like they're marketing to the dude who shops for military surplus but wants the james bond version

good luck with the search ed but aside from the shcoeller textile i don't see the appeal. a lot of bells and whistles for a rain jkt, looks like they're marketing to the dude who shops for military surplus but wants the james bond version

yeah... and thats me :D bong, james bong

my mktg director is fukn retarded. she has her head so far up her vagina these days that everytime she breathes, clear viscous fluid should emit from her anus. i'm just SOOOO done with retards on a monday and just might start popping shots.

Fuuuuck. Forgot my registration expired and came home from work to find my car got towed and impounded since apparently you can't park an unregistered car on a public street.

Also I was not aware that cops ran plates on random cars that are correctly parked in residential areas. This shit is my fault but god damn cops only go above and beyond when you don't fucking need them.