Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

I'm livid* the RIAA has been able to justify damages of this level. It goes beyond ANY legal and ethical rationale.

Actually that's the sum the jury came up with. Previously, the RIAA reported they'd been willing to settle for as little $3,500.

In the end they'll prolly settle outta court for much less then the million+. It's not like the bitch has any money sitting around her trailer in Minnesota....

i went to games as a knicks fan they had strickland they traded him ever since then son i hated em

lol strickland throw back..we need to just fire everyone and start over..

Actually that's the sum the jury came up with. Previously, the RIAA reported they'd been willing to settle for as little $3,500.

In the end they'll prolly settle outta court for much less then the million+. It's not like the bitch has any money sitting around her trailer in Minnesota....

I'm aware it's a jury decision, they'll settle for less, and they asked for 3500 to start. However it's my understanding

-They ask for $3500 settlement from ALL cases regardless of validity. Their tactics are specious and in some cases, ridiculous. Some professors got tired of the RIAA sending false notices (they send notices en masse) and got the RIAA to send a notice to a printer.

-A jury makes its decisions based on estimates given by the aggrieved party. If the number is unjustifiable, the court should step in.

I know downloaders are stealing and the industry has to protect itself. Nothing justifies the RIAA's tactics or requests. It's a dying industry grasping at straws. A CD costs $10-18. A song costs $0.99.

I'm aware it's a jury decision, they'll settle for less, and they asked for 3500 to start. .

Ok, so if you know/understand that, then you should also get that this is blowing back on them. Perhaps they jumped initially at this settlement, , but I think in the long term they'll distance themselves and still lowball on a case-by-case.

I totally agree that the judge should have tossed the ruling. I like the general idea of Americans being righted to take part of due process. But fuck if some aren't just too stupid to be on a jury. OJ?

RIAA is (long-term) inconsequential as we shift media, like you hint at.. Back seat drivers.

Its simply trying to scare college aged kids with no money out of illegally downloading money. They make these stupid people who did not know what they were doing poster models in there crusade in the impossible.

Anyone remotely internet savvy should know how to not get caught. Dont download from anything peer to peer where your ip is readily available to anyone who wants it.

aww. i just got the email from my boss for our last schedule for the chocoshop. hands down the best job i've ever had. sitting around, doing homework, eating chocolate, awesome coworkers. shame i'd only been there for 10 months.

well, going on vacation with the severance paycheck. motherland here we come.

I want to buy a camera. I've never owned a camera in my life. Any suggestions on a nice camera that won't cost me too pretty a nickel?

I also want to change my username =/

An eighth of kush or diesel wouldn't hurt either.

And finally. Fuck premed classes.

wtfwtfwtwftf my mom just added me on facebook. i thought this would never happen. shit it's time to modify some friend list.

aww. i just got the email from my boss for our last schedule for the chocoshop. hands down the best job i've ever had. sitting around, doing homework, eating chocolate, awesome coworkers. shame i'd only been there for 10 months.

well, going on vacation with the severance paycheck. motherland here we come.

You're pretty lucky to be getting severance pay for a job like that, with only 10 months there.

Guest bambam
wtfwtfwtwftf my mom just added me on facebook. i thought this would never happen. shit it's time to modify some friend list.

limited profile all the way. family friends or relatives who add me on fb cant see my wall posts or tagged pics

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25659183-5006301,00.html

A YOUNG Russian woman, a devoted collector of horror films and spiders, is on trial for sedating and raping ten men.

The police were shocked that 32-year-old Valeria K., a quiet good-looking woman from the city of Tambov, was the mysterious rapist who abused ten local men after poisoning them with clonidine, Life.ru reports.

Valeria, who has already been nicknamed the Black Widow for her love of spiders, would get acquainted with men and invite them to her place.

She gave them drinks with clonidine, which almost immediately sent them to sleep for almost 24 hours.

After that, she undressed her victims and raped them, tightening a rope on their male organs to keep them erect.

Waking up in hospital with clonidine poisoning and penis trauma, all the victims could remember was a friendly brunette who gave them drinks.

Finally, local police identified the offender and arrested her.

At present, the police know about ten of Valeria’s victims, although one of them refused to file a complaint against her.

“It was great,†the unnamed man said.

“I like hot women. I only wish she hadn't used the clonidine on me.â€

wowowowoowowowow:eek::eek: this is hot!!!