Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

lol and now my dad came home and yelled at me for not bringing in the trash, leaving my doors unlocked and not putting up the shades in my car and leaving the door wide open in my absent-minded rush to the toilet..

Ignore the music, but a lot of these girls are of lookbook quality.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgpfWOioPA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgpfWOioPA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guest jmatsu
I realize this. Its an old movie but I somehow didn't see it sooner.

yeah no biggie. was rated r. you didn't have anyone to accompany you into the theatre, did you? or did you finally get a blockbusters membership?

What is best translation of Kafka's The Metamorphosis to read?

I have Willa and Edwin Muir translation published by Schocken Books 1968. I always thought the famous first line was that he awoke to find himself transformed into "monstrous vermin" but the Muir translation says "gigantic insect"...

Cool thing about this edition is that german is on the left page and english on the right. I don't read german unfortunately.

What is best translation of Kafka's The Metamorphosis to read?

I have Willa and Edwin Muir translation published by Schocken Books 1968. I always thought the famous first line was that he awoke to find himself transformed into "monstrous vermin" but the Muir translation says "gigantic insect"...

Cool thing about this edition is that german is on the left page and english on the right. I don't read german unfortunately.

About ten years ago, Mark Harman published a new translation of The Castle. It was supposed to be more accurate. Never read it. Read a lot of the old Muir translations, which I loved for their straightforwardness and their detachment--qualities that influenced my own writing years ago and that I, rightly or wrongly, attributed to Kafka.

All the translations I have are the Muir ones, but they are probably not the "best" for your purposes, which I imagine are to get a version that most closely approximates the original.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/04/21/080421fa_fact_paumgarten

it was a holiday weekend or something and they were doing service on the elevators. I forget exactly been a while since I read it...

Good article though, I recommend reading it.

Most interesting to me is that elevator construction on big/famous buildings is done as a "loss leader" by the elevator construction companies. They don't make a profit on making it, just do it for publicity and the maintenance contract.

How pimp would it be to have a rabbit that was 3 feet tall and would always walk on its hind legs and has human features but still look very much like a bunny. It would speak english with a classy british accent and wear a top had and raf and would be a servant. Pimp.

Now the storm is supposed to turn into a hurricane in the atlantic then plow right back through florida. My friends' band is playing a show thursday night as the storm is supposed to hit. This could either turn out really great or really terrible.

I think for the show, i'm gonna bring like 3 miracle fruit tablets with me and then just get drunk while taking it. I wanna see how shots of tequila or rum taste. Or cranberry vodka.