THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

-Levi's vintage 501 1947 or Sugar Cane 1947?

-Levi vintage 501 1955 or 1947? (I'm 5' 9.5" size 32 and match better with High rise)

I own both LVC's, and I like the 1955 better. Better cut and a lot better denim. The Canes are really nice too.

Guest noogsahoy

i guess this would be a deece place to post this.

thinking about getting a new pair of jeans, not sure what to get.

so far i have been thinking about:

skulls 5010x

apc ns

imperial king, if the dukes are too tight

any others people might suggest?

i guess this would be a deece place to post this.

thinking about getting a new pair of jeans, not sure what to get.

so far i have been thinking about:

skulls 5010x

apc ns

imperial king, if the dukes are too tight

any others people might suggest?

Some iron heart 634S might be good. They would fit somewhere in between the kings and sculls. Also, they will keep you warm through the rest of the winter with the 21 ounce denim.

If its his first pair might I suggest the APC's because the cost is right and they never fail in the fade department.

If not, then theetruscan has a point in you describing in detail what kind of fit your looking for exactly.

Guest noogsahoy
Gotta give us more information noogsahoy. What are you looking for in your new jeans?

looking for a slimish straight kinda look.

current ive got a pair of even steven organic dry, they are kewl, and i wear some wesc stretch.

im a big guy, but i like to wear "slimmer" jeans, but i do know when they look stupid and i wont buy them if they do.

36w is my usual.

^^

i had looked around at the 634's, look deece

Hmmm, alright.

Well, that's a fairly broad category. I'm a 36 usually, wear a 34 in the 634s and they look very good. I'm also a bigger guy (6'2" 220 pounds). PBJ XX-005s can flatter, in a 36 they've got plenty of space in the hips, not much in the thighs though. The Flat Head F380s seem to be similarly proportioned.

The F380s and 634s will probably be good "starter" jeans. F380s for fast fading and fun looks, 634s for fucking invincibility.

Samurai 5000VX or 510s both fit in that category as well, available in any number of denim weights betwene 15 and 21 ounces, I love the slubby 21 oz 510s but they're not cheap. SDA 101s, 001s, 101xxs, man, slimish straight has so many options.

Guest noogsahoy

^^^

thanks for the suggestions dude!

i'm thinking of getting apc ns, just because they are cheap and it will give me a good standard in sizing queries as it seems to be a pair of jeans alot of sufu'ers have.

also looking at the somet 003's.

yeh i looked at both of those pairs you refered to last night, the f380 and the 634's, haha so i think i was on the right track.

my view on the jeans sorta changed alot when i tried on the dukes and they didn't fit me, lawl.

slightly weary of 21oz jeans :s pretty heavy?

if it helps anymore, i do sag my jeans and sling them low.

Guest itzo sherpa

I've been searching for the right kind of Slim fit jeans. NOT SKINNY JEANS, but a little slimmer than regular. The problem is that my thighs are kinda big, so slim jeans fit really strangely.

But the thing is, I'm not overweight or anything. I'm actually really skinny, but for some reason, my legs just don't fit well in slim jeans. Are there any brands that anyone could recommend to me that would fit really well? And I'm definitely not looking to break bank by buying a pair of jeans.

I'm a 30x30 if that helps.

Thanks!