THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I´m looking for a leather wallet and a pair of raw skinny jeans (if posible light indigo colour)

Please give me your advice. Prince range usd 200-300

If you wanted a pair of light indigo jeans, i'd suggest the pure blue japan 008. It's very light indigo and will have a vintage look once they fade. I own a pair and I love them.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3116&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Midnight, have you posted pictures of yours somewhere? in the pbj thread? im curious to see pictures aside from on blue in green and pbj website. :)

Lone wolf seconded. And rockon99, check the official pbj thread. I posted some pictures of the 007's, 008's, and 005's a few pages in.

Thanks midnight :)

Hey hey.. ;)

I am looking for a new pair of jeans.. would really like some recommendations. I bought a pair of Nudie RRDS but didn't like the fit. I don't want anything too slim.. it doesn't make me look good heh.

My fav pair of jeans are GSTAR Core Custom .. pic is below.. (not of me).. .. Just wondering what you guys could recommend. Price maybe up to $300. Just want a nice new pair to add to the collection.

corecustom.jpg

True to size. Also, when you get the 380s they will seem huge before the soak. Don't worry, they shrink up nicely.

I know you said true to size.. was just reading a thread on another forum and they said..

"Go up one tagged size from your measurment, cold soak them for 45 minutes then let them air dry.If you've got a lot of room when you get them do a hot soak instead ... They shrink quite a bit."

I think my waist is 32.5.. so I guess a 33 will be the go?

PS: thanks for the help guys

so i posted on the takumis i just bought in that thread

should i keep them, or return for credit and get a pair of the new 811s?

if i stick with them, i'll probably get them tapered, which would cost about as much as mailing them back to big

i've been waiting for eternals with a longer inseam for years

but are they worth an extra $100?

:confused:

the takumis are nice jeans, and while i'm not crazy about some of the trimmings, i actually like the idea of trying something a little different

Here are the measuments from Selfedge. As you can see the 32 is actually 33 inches across the waist. The denim will shrink in the waist but after about 30 wears (more like 5) it will stretch out an inch again. Go with the 32

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=210

Listen to this guy and get the 32.

so i posted on the takumis i just bought in that thread

should i keep them, or return for credit and get a pair of the new 811s?

if i stick with them, i'll probably get them tapered, which would cost about as much as mailing them back to big

i've been waiting for eternals with a longer inseam for years

but are they worth an extra $100?

:confused:

the takumis are nice jeans, and while i'm not crazy about some of the trimmings, i actually like the idea of trying something a little different

I think its better to start out with jeans that fit instead of altering them. Shit can just look off after doing certain alterations. I would return them for the 811's as long as you don't have major diaper ass.

I have husky legs, and I don't enjoy nuthugging tightness, but I do want some "ass definition" instead of just a whole backpocket full of air.

I tried on a bunch of jeans today (in Pittsburgh, there's really only one boutique, but carry mostly bootcuts), and I liked the fit of the Diesel Vikers. Low rise, straight leg, slim fit "comfort leg" as they call it. I have a pair of Nudie Bootcut Olas, which promised to be a slim fit, but they were too big in the ass and I stretched the thighs to where I finally fit now. So it was slim, but slim in the wrong places. I have a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch's as well (actually 2 pairs), and it's almost the same issue as the Nudies, too tight in the thigh, and too loose in the ass.

Haven't been able to try on any APC's or Acne's anything, and most of the Japanese stuff available in Pittsburgh is pretty high rise, which I don't like.

Any suggestions before I head down to DC?

I have husky legs, and I don't enjoy nuthugging tightness, but I do want some "ass definition" instead of just a whole backpocket full of air.

I tried on a bunch of jeans today (in Pittsburgh, there's really only one boutique, but carry mostly bootcuts), and I liked the fit of the Diesel Vikers. Low rise, straight leg, slim fit "comfort leg" as they call it. I have a pair of Nudie Bootcut Olas, which promised to be a slim fit, but they were too big in the ass and I stretched the thighs to where I finally fit now. So it was slim, but slim in the wrong places. I have a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch's as well (actually 2 pairs), and it's almost the same issue as the Nudies, too tight in the thigh, and too loose in the ass.

Haven't been able to try on any APC's or Acne's anything, and most of the Japanese stuff available in Pittsburgh is pretty high rise, which I don't like.

Any suggestions before I head down to DC?

FH310, Sam710, PBJ005?

Here are the measuments from Selfedge. As you can see the 32 is actually 33 inches across the waist. The denim will shrink in the waist but after about 30 wears (more like 5) it will stretch out an inch again. Go with the 32

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=210

Hi, yeh the person I quoted was Kiya from Styleforum.net.. but is on this board too? I think he is involved in running SelfEdge. Thanks for all ur help, they look like a good pair of jeans :-)

I hope I get the right size .. 32 does look like the go from the text on the site.

I think its better to start out with jeans that fit instead of altering them. Shit can just look off after doing certain alterations. I would return them for the 811's as long as you don't have major diaper ass.

you're right, although with a decent tailor i don't think there's that much to worry about

unfortunately, i need a new laptop and money is tighter than it used to be, so that extra $100 is a big deal

so it's off to the tailor for me

i'll keep everyone posted - who knows, maybe i'll have a mind-blowing fade by mardi gras

Looking for a skin/slim fitting BLACK denim, raw or waxed preferably. Any

suggestions guys? I currently have some Dior 19CM, but I want a bit darker and

slimmer denim. My girl washed them without my knowledge and the dye faded a

lot. And I don't feel like getting another pair. So.. yeah. Suggestions please?

Looking for a skin/slim fitting BLACK denim, raw or waxed preferably. Any

suggestions guys? I currently have some Dior 19CM, but I want a bit darker and

slimmer denim. My girl washed them without my knowledge and the dye faded a

lot. And I don't feel like getting another pair. So.. yeah. Suggestions please?

april 77's or cheap mondays