THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=837

or

http://www.ironheart.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=156

i really want some all year round black pants to replace my jeans. the first pair is nice, but also 100 more. think it's worth it?

Hi SUFU…

Big time newb to this game(first post) so please bear with me!

Ive been wearing funboy denim for... too long(cheap monday, nudie etc) and have been reading about real denim for months now and now that ive saved I'm ready to pull the trigger. Im thinking it safe to purchase one of the brands off SelfEdge and should get something of excellent quality. Please advise on the best quality, wearability and fit(basically something a denim addict would be proud of) Ive pulled out some pairs ive been looking at and like the look of below - im after a thinnish straight leg in indigo and want some fading results fast:

- DryBones SExDBxSUFUxSTYLEFORUM - the denim could be a bit much for me(22oz is heavy?)

- 3sixteen - ST100x

- Imperial - SEXI14

- The Strike Gold - SG2109

Any advice would be appreciated!

GaryM

^ Where are you based? if you are near to a branch of Selfedge you can try all of those on. I am assuming that you have probably already considered that in which case, all of those jeans will meet all of your criteria subject to these thoughts:

1.The Dry Bones have 2 back patches and, some might say, the red stitched motif on the back pocket is not great. Good denim though but slightly odd details. Denim weight is not an issue really unless heavy denim is your thing.

2.3sixteen represents excellent value and is the most understated of your options (a good thing to many).

3. Imperial - also without any crazy stitching and an interesting collar in terms of denim used. Could be the slim cut you are after. If it were me, I would probably get those out of the 4.

4. Strike Gold - Very popular it seems. Nice denim but beware the pocket stitching again.

FInal thing, measure a pair of your favourite jeans and compare them to the measurements on whichever site you are looking at. That will give you some idea about how they fit. Take shrinkage into account too.

^ Where are you based? if you are near to a branch of Selfedge you can try all of those on. I am assuming that you have probably already considered that in which case, all of those jeans will meet all of your criteria subject to these thoughts:

1.The Dry Bones have 2 back patches and, some might say, the red stitched motif on the back pocket is not great. Good denim though but slightly odd details. Denim weight is not an issue really unless heavy denim is your thing.

2.3sixteen represents excellent value and is the most understated of your options (a good thing to many).

3. Imperial - also without any crazy stitching and an interesting collar in terms of denim used. Could be the slim cut you are after. If it were me, I would probably get those out of the 4.

4. Strike Gold - Very popular it seems. Nice denim but beware the pocket stitching again.

FInal thing, measure a pair of your favourite jeans and compare them to the measurements on whichever site you are looking at. That will give you some idea about how they fit. Take shrinkage into account too.

Thanks Big Truck! I am in Australia so will be buying from selfedge blind(but not as blind now! thanks again…)

Have you considered the Flat Head BSP, GaryM? They're similar to the SEXI14 but not quite as tight, and FH's denim is some of the quickest, high-contrast fading out there - plus, very minimalistic detailing. If you've been wearing slim Cheap Monday or Nudie cuts, Pure Blue Japan's XX-011 or XX-013 would probably be another good choice. The 11s in particular fade really fast and have a unique fabric.

Don't really like the Weird Guy and looking for something a little more substantial as my next pair of raws. I'm going in on 2 years on my Skull 5010XX and I want a new pair of jeans. I'm looking for something at a similar weight and cut (a jean that borders between slim and skinny) and I'm looking for some suggestions... Might even go APC just because I've never had a pair.

Don't really like the Weird Guy and looking for something a little more substantial as my next pair of raws. I'm going in on 2 years on my Skull 5010XX and I want a new pair of jeans. I'm looking for something at a similar weight and cut (a jean that borders between slim and skinny) and I'm looking for some suggestions... Might even go APC just because I've never had a pair.

I'd suggest the eternal 883 deserves a look. Also PBJ xx05(?) and Flat Head BSP.

Although I think I'd be most interested in the ROY narrow leg.

Hi,

i am new to this forum and I am learning a lot from this site!

I have APC new cure W30 that I wore for about 6 month and I want to buy another pair to rotate.. any suggestions?

couple that I was thinking about was

N&F weird guy elephant 2

Paulrose products slim 17oz heavy slub indigo selvedge

Japan Blue & Momotaro skinny straight

I am open to any other options and I would like to stay under $250.

thanks!

I need some help on thin jeans that are good to wear in humid weather.

my brother is going to be living in China for a couple months and isn't allowed to wear shorts to work.

can anyone give me some recommendations on nice thin jeans that can be worn in china-like weather and aren't overly priced ?

if you can PM me any suggestions, i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks!

Edited by kenthenoob

Hey I'm looking to get a new pair of jeans and just having a hard time deciding which jeans to get. I Love me fh310s, I am looking for something with the same fit in the top block and thighs but with a button fly and slight taper maybe a half inch in the leg opening. Any suggestions?

Hi there,

I'm currently looking for a nice, "premium" pair of Japanese denim. But I'm a newbie when it comes to Japanese brands and styles. The only one I own is a Uniqlo "Made in Japan" jeans which wasn't a bad deal for the price, but I'm looking for something more quality now. There's so many brands in Japan that I'm overwhelmed. What I'm looking for, roughly speaking:

- A slimmer fit, like the APC New Standards, LVC 1947 501, or even LVC 505

- Price range around 20.000-25.000 JPY

Now, I'll be honest and put out here that I'm not a big "breaking in" guy. What happened with my APCs is that after about 2 months of almost daily wear, I couldn't take the smell and washed them. They aren't ruined, but the fades are of course quite boring due to the premature washing.

But as I see, there's also washed options, like the "One Wash" or "Hard Wash" options from Sugar Cane - what do you guys think about those? They seem to get good reviews, but I guess for the best fades, I have to go raw, right?

Thanks for your help!

Alan