SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Just a quick question:

How do you get tight honeycombs? The honeycombs on my first pair of raws (Nudie SSDS) were very few and spread out, but I've seen pics of people with many close/tight honeycombs. Does the tightness of the jeans determine this?

Anyone want go give me any ideas for my next denim?

I measure 32" where my jeans sit (top of the hips) and am wearing S0500's in a size 30 which have stretched to 32". I'm tall (6 ft 3") with long legs and pretty scrawny so have no ass so always have problems getting jeans to sit right and not flare out. Also inseam length can be a problem I need at least 34".

I'm looking at plain pocket Evisu #2000 No.1's but not sure if this would be a mistake on my body type. Anyone have any suggestions I'm pretty open but I guess I'm after a semi-slim – regular fit?

Thanks!

i'm looking for a slim jean. the largest part of my thighs (around an inch lower than my nutsack) when flat against a bench is measured 22.5. near everything ive looked at, the denim at the thighs are like 24+. that's almost 2 inches larger. are my thighs generally small, large or normal?

fwiw, i'm 6'2, 175. my waist is a 34 (2 inches below the navel) and inseam 32/33.

can anyone help me?

look for tapered jeans that have seem a bit more full on the thigh area. i got the same problem (30w, 22" thighs). although im still searching for new jeans, check out the warehouse 660's. keep in mind that raws should stretch anyway

Wow, I'm also a 34, same height, and my thighs are 22.5, and I always have a hard time finding fits loose enough in the thigh. What have you looked at so far?

warehouse 660s, denime 66xx, pbj005, somet 008s.

i dont know but to me, (the somets for example) an extra 2 inches on the thigh seem like quite a bit of fabric.

My APC New Standards is a size 30. It felt a little tight the first time I tried it on, but it was not too bad.

But after 3 months of wear, it got a little too big on the waist, like about an inch bigger than my true waist.

I got to try my friend's size 29 new standards, 3 months old as well. But this time, It's too tight on the waist.

Should I have my size 30 altered by a tailor to get my waist size right? Or should I just leave it alone? Or should I just get a size 29 instead?

Help...

Warehouse has different fits like the 700 and 800. If you haven't tried those yet then take a look at those.

You'll need to specify which 501 cut you're talking about because the 501 has changed quite a lot throughout the years. Pretty much all japanese denim we talk about here on superdenim are levi's repros but I'd say the most famous of replicating levi's would be sugarcane, which offers a variety of different models of 501 cuts.

the 660 isn't a really full-thigh jean,so if they are too baggy for you, maybe skulls or somet or PBJ, or samurai 710, or FULLCOUNT 1108, or ETERNAL 811...all found @ blueingreensoho.com.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic