Bicyclettes

canice

I guarantee that if you're riding around on a 'proper' Colnago, De Rosa, Tommasini, et al, you will pull babes. No bulbous pedals or douchy wheelsets though.

IRO's are mushy and handle like cows. You can beat them the fuck up though, so credit there. They are the most regular bike ever, for better or worse, and they are at least pretty straight.

Longer than 59,5cm toptube bikes are pretty rare. What are you, like 6'6"? Christ. The XXL/62+cm top-of-range bikes for most manufacturers is around there. I've got a Look 585 that is near that (and XXL.) Why on earth you'd want that, I don't know. Use a 130mm or 140mm stem if need be, though I don't know why!

How's your setback? Also, touring or cross bikes have longer toptubes (sometimes, sometimes the opposite) to increase toe clearance with larger tires or fenders. Also some brands are longer, such as Lemond or Trek. Many smaller manufacturers do a longer top tube for many utility reasons and don't focus on bulk-populus fit w/ a 100-120mm stem.

Longer than 59,5cm toptube bikes are pretty rare. What are you, like 6'6"? Christ. The XXL/62+cm top-of-range bikes for most manufacturers is around there. I've got a Look 585 that is near that (and XXL.) Why on earth you'd want that, I don't know. Use a 130mm or 140mm stem if need be, though I don't know why!

How's your setback? Also, touring or cross bikes have longer toptubes (sometimes, sometimes the opposite) to increase toe clearance with larger tires or fenders. Also some brands are longer, such as Lemond or Trek. Many smaller manufacturers do a longer top tube for many utility reasons and don't focus on bulk-populus fit w/ a 100-120mm stem.

I'm 6' 3" but my inseam is only about 33" so yeah I have a long torso compared to my legs.

Hand-measuring (amateur) setback is about 23.5" or so. It's a 2010 specialized tricross expert. Mfr geometry here:

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=45902&eid=4670&menuItemId=0

Current stem is 110mm ritchie, so I could go another cm or two just from the stem. I wish I had a pair of bullhorns to try and see if that lets me have substantially more space, except then I would have to get bar-end shifters and I'm really accustomed to the whole brake-lever-shift-lever-same-housing setup, which means drops.

As it is, I have a cross frame specifically for this reason! Because the xxl size had such a nice long TT. I used to have an (earlier year, same model) frame in 58cm and my hands were getting numb on long rides, hence the swap. The 61cm is better, but I still feel MUCH more comfortable when I rest my palms on the brake housings at the very end of my drops - gives me another inch or so.

I will look into lemond and trek, thanks.

That's actually equivalent to a 58.5cm top tube, you have a C-T measured frame, so though Specialized called it a 61, it's not that big at all and more like a 59.

I think you have a lot of options, and if you just want a road bike, many more. If you have a specific wants list, I'm happy to offer some options. I wouldn't get a Trek, but the Gary Fisher Trek's are nice and certainly a lot of other bikes would be longer for you.

Guest ONLY New York

Hey everyone, new to superfuture so just checking out some threads.

Here's my rig (more specs just ask)

09 Felt F3SL - SRAM Red - Easton EA90Aero's w/R4 hubs.

40220_449543750859_714575859_6726543_3442620_n.jpg

I traded my black IRO Angus + $50 for an IRO MARK V 56 with FSA cranks, NJS steal drop bars, a front break, and a bianchi wheel set. Good deal?

The Mark V's have thicker frames than the thin Angus frames so hopefully it'll last longer. There were a couple other additions, but I can't recall what at the moment. (This is my first, well technically second, fixed gear.)

If I saw somebody riding that on the street, I'd point and laugh.

Riding, like 'brand new bike'--or--riding like 'fuckin miles-in, but always washed'?

Totally different aesthetic scenario. Obviously, dude would be fit from riding, always. And if you can beat up an awesome bike that you ride all the time, what does that say about how magnificent your 'A' bike is that you only train and race on?

The bike or one bike you ride and have isn't necessarily the bike you 'own' if you're not settling down with it and questing for the bike you'd be proud to be 'round on. Velominati, keep your bike clean and be a cyclist. A bike should not be a forced combination towards platitude, as an automobile with little regard to one's needs and response, but an end-to-end arrival towards a cyclist's need to progress.

It is not a struggle on, but a struggle along with one's machine.

TarckBike?

Dick punching at its finest, but in all honesty I read BFFGSS more although the mods over there are on that Gestapo shit (which basically led to the creation of TB iirc).

Anyway, another auction for ppl to drool over:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-56-Yamaguchi-Zero-track-frame-and-fork-/220730651207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3364927247

Guest ONLY New York
I

those running 700c x 23c. What are your favorite tubes and where can I get them?

continental if you need to buy a branded inner, i normally just grab packs from chainlove when they throw up generics.

I pay more for the rubber, open corsa's have got me very far.

Took off my 30+ year old brakes, cables, levers...

Looking for a cheap set of bullhorns and I keep seeing people say they got the Syntace ones for like $12-- back in 2008. Wonder if they realize they could charge more w/ the bike-craze taking off in the past... decade? they go for $50+ now.

And this may be a stupid question, but are there brakes made for older 27" wheels that aren't shitty cantilevers?