Bicyclettes

canice

Cheap bike, flexy chainstays. If you're moving well and try to lock up the wheel, the bike's gonna flex a lot and can easily throw the chain.

Please trust me well on this. I certainly am not the safety police and am not going to tell you that you "have to have a brake, blah blah," but you wouldn't ride a skateboard with loose wheels or trucks either, and on this bike, that is the equivalent. I would have nothing to say if this were a higher-end frame.

Cheap bike, flexy chainstays. If you're moving well and try to lock up the wheel, the bike's gonna flex a lot and can easily throw the chain.

Please trust me well on this. I certainly am not the safety police and am not going to tell you that you "have to have a brake, blah blah," but you wouldn't ride a skateboard with loose wheels or trucks either, and on this bike, that is the equivalent. I would have nothing to say if this were a higher-end frame.

Yeah I definitely understand what you guys are saying. Its just primarily me being too lazy/ cheap to go get a brake put on. But yea I definitely should look into getting one soon.

Seriously.

Don't wait until daddy's little girl starts doing surprise figure-eights on the greenway in front of you.

Ditching the brake is something you do after riding a few years without needing it.

And honestly, why? Don't use a brake, fine, but I bet you there will always be OH SHIT moments where you wish you had it.

Rather have one and not use it than need it and not have it

Just bought my ladyfriend a Gravity Attack - the only BD bike she liked.

... thats all really.

Took my Steamroller for a spin in a hoody the other day, that was pretty rad.

Spring weather in NYC February is fantastic.

Went for a ride to the community college. Hadn't done the route since I had brakes. It was pretty much no problem, cranked up long hills and spun down em. I remember when I first did it this guy on a road bike was passing me on a climb. I was going sooo slow and he told me to get some gears bro. It wasn't condescending but it was funny.

Yeah the morning was cold so I had a oxford and a jacket then an hour later I'm sweating shit.

know most people here are all about fixed, i was too til i got a felt about 4-5 months ago, just wanted to know if anyone out theres done a triathlon. doing my first in may, and just wanted to pick someones brain about a few issues...

know most people here are all about fixed, i was too til i got a felt about 4-5 months ago, just wanted to know if anyone out theres done a triathlon. doing my first in may, and just wanted to pick someones brain about a few issues...

I do tri's. I'm training for the Vineman aquathlon right now. I should be able to answer a lot of questions, but nothing at ironman level

just finished building my vintage nishiki i picked up from the swap meet. cost more than i thought but i'm pretty pleased with the end result. bars are temporary..just ordered some rb-021s

dscf0001ph.jpg

Cyclists don't like tri-weenies. Nothing personal.

And the bike is the easy recovery part between the swim and run which you have little control but to go super hard.

Aero wheels don't save much at all compared to your helmet and clothes. But they will make you FEEL fast as fuck, so that's worth something.

The only reason I run is for 'cross.

Barely went on a 23 mile ride today for the first time in a little over a month or so and im tired as fuck. Getting out of shape for the lose. Death to fresh boxes of girl scout cookies and cheeseburgers