Bicyclettes

canice

It all goes in circles. Will I notice a huge difference btwn 42cm drops vs 44cm bullhorn? I've 38 & 42 but different shapes (stratos & airwing).

i hope youre buying the little brownie bakers cookies and none of that ABC bakery bullshit (ie samoas vs caramel delites)

I always known them as somoas but what's the diff? Apparently I've got the abc bologna!

i hope youre buying the little brownie bakers cookies and none of that ABC bakery bullshit (ie samoas vs caramel delites)

I didn't know there was a difference and I don't even remember what the boxes looked like if I even looked at them lol. Alls I know is that it Samoa and minty chocolate ecstasy.

Need some help. I was planning on upgrading to a new bike from my old Raleigh any fram suggestions? Im not really trying to go over 250 for the frame. So far I been looking at the iro mark v, kilo tt etc..

If the aerojoke is made for cassettes and disc brake, yes. There is a specific errorspoke made to accommodate disc breaks and the road version will accept cassettes.

(how do you spell it? errorspoke? aerojoke? bahh humbug)

(I am sorry if this post offended you (5))

Somoa and caramel delite are same color box idk diff in taste tho.

Dovo, unless you're currently riding a conversion, I don't think either of those two are much of an upgrade. Raleighs are great. But the kilo they have on bikeisland is pretty. Around that price, lugged and no decal I believe.

this may be a noob question, but i just bought a bike with gears and disc brakes, if i wanted to get an aerospoke would i still be able to keep my gears/brakes?

Why are you putting an aerospoke on it? Functionwise why you'd want to mix disc brakes and aeros I can't even imagine. Aesthetically disc brakes and even gearing, e.g. the rear mech makes aerospokes look far less cool. Don't do it.

girl scouts of america license their cookies out to two different bakeries. the original is the little brownie bakers and the other is ABC bakery.

the box colors look the same, but most of the flavors are differently named. somoas are called caramel delites. tagalongs are called peanut butter patties.

theyre supposed to be the same cookie but they taste different. like pepsi vs coke-- theyre both cola flavor.

if you wanted coke "sorry, we only have pepsi, is that ok?" NAHMSAYIN

I got lucky on those cookies lol.

Somoa and caramel delite are same color box idk diff in taste tho.

Dovo, unless you're currently riding a conversion, I don't think either of those two are much of an upgrade. Raleighs are great. But the kilo they have on bikeisland is pretty. Around that price, lugged and no decal I believe.

Yeah I was looking at that one too. I guess im just looking for something a little thicker? (thats what she said) thicker frame and forks? I like the Iro Mark V but that logo really turns me off.

What im currently riding.

5271686704_579f4abbf2_z.jpg

oh wow. i didnt even know the kilo tt came lugged now. nice.

you want oversized tubing i guess? a la aluminum or like a bare knuckle or something.

personally i like normal tubing cause i babby size and oversized tubing makes bieks look smaller/stupid

^^how much for bag?

Most tubing is barely larger. Tho the tighter geometry brings them in to look less lanky for lack of better words. Kilo TT is always a great deal esp when purchased as a complete, it's praised throughout this thread and all over the internet. But looks like you've already got everything.

Oversized aluminum, cheapest I can think of is leader ($300+) or a visp, which will still run you ~$200 after shipping. And both are considered seedy, the latter being way more.

Gross.

Anything will ride better than a frame for huge wheels and tires with 700c wheels and 23mm tires on it, barely high enough off the ground to clear the gigantic platform pedals you have.

You work with what you got til you can move on brah. And actually it rides quite nice, and ontop of that there arent any clearance issues I stuck the bike inbetween a little space between the curb and grass and leaned it over for the pic. Im not saying its the best bike out there but hey, i liked it. Those pedals work wonders for my giant feet.

But anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys, im most likely going for the Kilo TT

Not criticizing or anything, but I find it funny that its so common to see people say something along the lines of "brakes were the first thing to come off" when they get a new fixed gear.

When I did my first fixed gear build I didnt have any brakes because I built it from salvaged parts and just never found a full brake set to rig up. Now on my 3rd build and I actually looked forward to putting a brake on my bike for convenience sake. Using a salvaged caliper and bought a gold finger lever. Very happy with it.

Again, not attacking anyone taking off their brakes, I just find it amusing that people find it necessary to remove brakes from perfectly fine bikes.

the guy i bought it from took it off before i bought it. i would have taken it off anyway, but yeah. i've never rode a fixed gear with a brake so it's what i'm used to and like. i just said it for the sake of describing the bike. and really by the spring i don't think i'm going to be keeping any of the original parts. haha