Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

Thanks Ben, but it's a bit tight in the shoulders too; not very but enough that it's *just* off. I'm going to sell this one and go up to a 17.

Anyone interested shoot me a PM: $225 delivered.

Also selling the chambray shirt in size 16 (exclusive superdenim plain version), again PM: $100.

I wanted to share some quick snaps I took of the Joe McCoy Aklak (Grizzly) jacket. It is made of veg-tanned horsehide and sheep shearling.

This one comes with a vintage USA Talon zipper. Its rare that the zipper pull is a vintage one, although most of the zipper coils are vintage, they are usually attached to the more unique jackets as well as the helmet bags. Unfortunately this was only in the shop for a day since it was a special order. Its shame I couldn't drool on it further. 

joemccoyGRIZ1.jpg

joemccoyGRIZ2.jpg

joemccoyGRIZ3.jpg

Tokyo shop:

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-1.jpg?568b48

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-22.jpg?568b48

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-17.jpg?568b48

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-12.jpg?568b48

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-11.jpg?568b48

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-25.jpg?568b48The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-4.jpg?568b48

The-Real-McCoys-Tokyo-10.jpg?568b48

Hi lazevedo, did you buy something from that Tokyo store? Just would like to know that if you bought stuff there Could you get the "tax free"?

I went there during the new year period bought some stuff altogether cost me around JPY 100K but I couldn't get tax refund. After I came back to BKK, my friend told me that they actually can give me tax refund! That makes me curious.

By the way, I am having a chance to visit there again, hoping to get a couple of jackets. If this time I could get the tax free price, that would save me a lot.

Not sure if it's the same in JPN as it is in Thailand, but in THL the store has to display a sign they are participating in the tax offer and you get a form or card to claim back at the airport. Some stores just give foreign customers a discount at the till of around 10% 

Edited by Geeman

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people - been lurking on SuFu on and off, but I've got something to sell and couldn't find a dedicated page for RMC other than this.

Got a Real McCoy's Blue Cold Weather Jacket size 36 that's off fitwise.

3400.jpg

Links to good pics at Superdenim - http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3400 <-- but I can put up some fit pics on me too if need be.

Chest 20.5 (inches)

Sleeve 19

Front / Back Length 24.5

Shoulder 16

I'm usually a 36 / 36 Long in British brands, 28 waist with 35 inseam on jeans (I'm pretty lanky at 6'3"), so a 36 in this was always going to be a bit of a gamble. Chest is comfortable, not too tight, but sleeves are just not long enough (that's my main issue, could do with another inch and a half TBH) and the overall length could be a little more. Shoulders were right on the edge of being too tight - I can wear a shirt or tee beneath, a sweat at a push, but couldn't fit a shetland or something similar (though you really wouldn't need to - I get why it's called a 'Cold Weather' jacket now, this thing keeps you seriously warm).

Condition is pretty much completely new, never been outside - it's been worn 2 or 3 times in front of a mirror at home to decide whether to keep / alter or not and that's it. Only reason it's not being returned to Superdenim is I took too long wondering whether to keep it and lost my returns form :P

Offering £400 down from £575 (30% off basically - Google tells me that's $600 down from $870) with free international shipping from UK, but I'm open to negotiation. PM me if interested and feel free to ask for any questions.

IF

I noticed the jacket doesn't have the navy stencil on the back is this only limited to superdenim models. What's the difference between the buzz version and real mccoys aren't they both the same company?

Hey people - been lurking on SuFu on and off, but I've got something to sell and couldn't find a dedicated page for RMC other than this.

Got a Real McCoy's Blue Cold Weather Jacket size 36 that's off fitwise.

3400.jpg

Links to good pics at Superdenim - http://www.superdenim.com/prodpage.asp?productid=3400 <-- but I can put up some fit pics on me too if need be.

Chest 20.5 (inches)

Sleeve 19

Front / Back Length 24.5

Shoulder 16

I'm usually a 36 / 36 Long in British brands, 28 waist with 35 inseam on jeans (I'm pretty lanky at 6'3"), so a 36 in this was always going to be a bit of a gamble. Chest is comfortable, not too tight, but sleeves are just not long enough (that's my main issue, could do with another inch and a half TBH) and the overall length could be a little more. Shoulders were right on the edge of being too tight - I can wear a shirt or tee beneath, a sweat at a push, but couldn't fit a shetland or something similar (though you really wouldn't need to - I get why it's called a 'Cold Weather' jacket now, this thing keeps you seriously warm).

Condition is pretty much completely new, never been outside - it's been worn 2 or 3 times in front of a mirror at home to decide whether to keep / alter or not and that's it. Only reason it's not being returned to Superdenim is I took too long wondering whether to keep it and lost my returns form :P

Offering £400 down from £575 (30% off basically - Google tells me that's $600 down from $870) with free international shipping from UK, but I'm open to negotiation. PM me if interested and feel free to ask for any questions.

IF

Edited by Sigur Rós

I noticed the jacket doesn't have the navy stencil on the back is this only limited to superdenim models. What's the difference between the buzz version and real mccoys aren't they both the same company?

No. They make similar products, but they're separate companies.  Buzz (along with Sugar Cane and Sun Surf) is part of Toyo.  Some shops (HPA and BiG) in the US request Buzz and Real McCoy's deck jackets minus the USN markings because they've had enough customer requests for jackets that way.   

No. They make similar products, but they're separate companies.  Buzz (along with Sugar Cane and Sun Surf) is part of Toyo.  Some shops (HPA and BiG) in the US request Buzz and Real McCoy's deck jackets minus the USN markings because they've had enough customer requests for jackets that way.   

^ What he said. Though I don't think it's just foreign stockists who have asked for stencil-less jackets - I'm pretty sure I've seen style pics from the RMC blog of staff wearing cold weather / deck jackets minus the lettering details. Will post if I can find an image.

In terms of difference between the two models (RMC vs. Buzz) I'm afraid I'm unsure whether there is any major discrepancy between the two as far as measurements are concerned as I can't seem to get hold of a definitive set for the buzz model. Both use cotton grosgrain jungle cloth, both have interlined heavy woolen linings, both have deck clips (though I think there is a buzz model with a single zip too).

The only difference I can think of (other than the fact that Buzz do a washed version in which the cotton looks a lot more faded) is in the colour of the jungle cloth, but it's minimal (there may even be no difference as I've not witnessed the buzz in the flesh, so have only judged from photos). From what I can tell, the RMC cotton has a slightly deeper hue, a navy with more red/purple in it than the buzz which is ever so slightly lighter, a navy with more green (or at least less red) in it (?)...

Ethan (of Rugged Old Salt and now RRL - ethandesu.com) wears a buzz version:

tumblr_mg3vk2k8BI1qc8xtuo1_1280.jpg

Below is the RMC version:

MTS%20005-thumb-480x721-45596.jpg

5947ddc568a901d2705851f05f5e0d23.jpg

As I said, could just be lighting in the photography (or my overreacting eyes).

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

(On a separate note, getting some fantastic wear out of a pair of 004 jeans and an M65 jacket - anybody have any experience of how easily the 004 break in / begin to fade? Half of me wants them to stay as they are and the other half wants to see how they'll be in 5 yrs time...)

Edited by Ichinojo Fan

There probably are significant differences between the rmc and buzz versions.

I have the rmc watch cap and a mate has the buzz version. They look very similar but feel very different. The rmc is heavier wool and rougher feeling.

I also have an rmc n-1 which feels different to the buzz version and from my memory of trying the buzz one on, also fits a bit differently.

There probably are significant differences between the rmc and buzz versions.

I have the rmc watch cap and a mate has the buzz version. They look very similar but feel very different. The rmc is heavier wool and rougher feeling.

I also have an rmc n-1 which feels different to the buzz version and from my memory of trying the buzz one on, also fits a bit differently.

I was going to suggest the RMC cotton looked heavier (or certainly stiffer) but didn't want to say as I've no real evidence to back that up beyond the feel of my own jacket and pictures of the two.

Edited by Ichinojo Fan

At inspiration I felt rmc's watchcap and I could not believe how scratchy it was, I could never wear that thing.  It also felt lighter than the buzz version (which I own); the buzz is really smooth and almost "moist" feeling, whereas the rmc felt really rough and dry.

The way it feels to me is like the naval wool jumpers that are unprocessed wool with the natural lanolin whereas the buzz feels softer and smoother. I dislike the feel of itchy scratchy wool too but I have never felt the rmc cap to be like that. I wear mine all day long with no discomfort.

Hi lazevedo, did you buy something from that Tokyo store? Just would like to know that if you bought stuff there Could you get the "tax free"?

I went there during the new year period bought some stuff altogether cost me around JPY 100K but I couldn't get tax refund. After I came back to BKK, my friend told me that they actually can give me tax refund! That makes me curious.

By the way, I am having a chance to visit there again, hoping to get a couple of jackets. If this time I could get the tax free price, that would save me a lot.

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I did buy stuff at the Tokyo store... and I did not get any tax refund.

Most of the stores did not refund me (Okura, Real McCoys, Kapital, Engineered Garments, Vendor, Nanamica, Visvim, Undercover). Only the big retail chains gave me the tax free price (Uniqlo, Tokyu Hands, etc).

Hopefuly it changed!

Anyone have any experience with the Real McCoy's 17 oz. denim?  Does it have a harder/denser or softer/looser finish and feel?  Shrink and stretch characteristics relative to other Japanese denim?

Thanks.

John