raw and rigid - lvc s/s 07 collection

cultizm

^ I agree.

I would love to see a repro that is 100% true to the original, down to the very last stitch.

No extra fancy bells and whistles, just quality. That's why they were so good in the past.

I'm not a fan of the cinchbacks, one pocket models, or baggy cuts, so hopefully the new 505's are true to the original.

My only request would be a longer inseam. Perhaps something like 40" raw.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levi's have never done their 1880 jeans in a rigid finish. This is the biggest oversight in the entire production of LVC. They are the most important jeans model ever, bar none, and the fact we've never been able to buy them in a rigid finish is insane.

The nevada jean was hugely popular, fetches a big collectors price. What I would like to see, and I think it would be very popular with Levi's fans, would be that jean, in rigid. LVC have never done this, incredibly enough, they've produced similar jeans, but they've always messed with them and fucked them up. The old style label, centrally placed, cinchback, the cute little pliers pocket, one back pocket. Synthetic denim is ok if necessary, but it has to have that greenish tint, perhaps something like the SC Edo Ais. I'll do the copy for the booklet FOC if this makes it happen.

LVC already have the patterns, this is a total no-brainer, Plus a Japanese version with a slightyl lower rise and belt loops, please.

reading this makes me very happy! we believe strongly in RAW / rigid.

a denim lover should have the opportunity to finish his jean by himself.

each time nervous when starting soaking my jean and thinking what will happend when, eg the weather and temperature changes.

many thnx Paul!

p.s.

in addition I am missing a galery of alreday worn lvc rigid jeans.

hope to see them anytime

I am tempted to say "what is the point" if we just go with a 55 with a leather patch. (I am not really one for having the exact same pair of jeans over and over again, but with a different label on.)

(As much as I love the 55, I already have them/ are easily available and dont think its worth anyone's time organising 'exclusive' pairs, when so readily available)

I will be happy to "go with the flow" though, and most popular choice.

First we should clarify what IS possible, and what models there is a choice of.

Maybe a poll would be best?

As someone said, it should probably something never released before, so if that means the Nevada, then cool. (although many dislike only 1 baxk pocket)

Yeah you do have a point. But I would like the 55s so much better with a leather patch or 47s that are cut right. I think maybe a 20s 501 leather patch cinch 2 pockets red line 10 oz suspender buttons? Paul what do you think. Yeah maybe a raw Nevada with the pliers pocket? It will probably be impossible to get a consensus.

dejan if you're looking for some LVC worn in photos, there are actually some contributed by airfrogusmc etc...

LVC '47 501, Fall 06 collection: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11061

LVC '37 501, 2003 collection: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13401

LVC '33 501 555 Valencia St collection:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14489

LVC 1886 'Nevada', 2005 collection: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=14376

LVC '37 201, early collection: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13392

LVC '21 201, 1999 collection: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13412

for collection's sake, i would get a 1880 LVC repro in raw if it's got the colour of the edo ai, and the details of the original. even though i probably would never really wear it much, but it would be worth buying and keeping.

Thanks tweedles for posting those. Like sneakeraddict said, I'm not crazy about the one back pocket. But I definitely think it should be a real edition, not a composite and raw of course. What I most would like would include exposed back pocket rivets, and/or something in the Valencia Street style.

I had some 33s from a few years back 03 I think and I have 555s (Valencia) from 99 or 2000 and the 555s are better than the 03s that I sold. The denim is darker on the 555s and has a more textured hand. I can't comment on the new 33s cause I haven't seen them. I always try to search out the 555 stuff though its getting harder to find and way more expensive. I gotta tell ya I was VERY IMPRESSED with the denim on my 1886s from last years and the red line stuff on my 55s I just got. THe 55s are very nice indeed.

if we compare the jeans from the actual collcetion. the 1955's seems to be a touch stiffer with a darker indigo. seems to be the favourite one.

also LVC had limited 55's of this collcetion with much more indigo and inseam till 40''.

on the Tag is printed the LVC No. # 550550160, does anyone get some. normally you only have 501xx on it.

I am still trying to get one for myself...

These are the original Nevadas, I think from 2001, below. Photo is courtesy of Jamie on this board. These seem to be fetching up to $500 or so on the 'bay.

I personally don't really wear cinchback jeans much now, as far as Levi's go it's only 47 and the 505 that I like these days. But in that light 9oz denim, these are perfect summer jeans, perfect for bumming around on the beach with sandals.

Or you could store them in a box. As for the Nevada's, when I worked on the Levi's anniversary exhibition in Berlin, the European boss of Levi's was wearing a knackered pair with a 557 jacket, and they looked absolutely awesome.

It was because I want one pair of these jeans that I bought a pair of the SC 1880s jeans, I think they're the 40501. Sadly, they're a narrower cut than Levi's 1880s and don't look right, so they'll be turning up on the 'bay or here soon...

img10280sw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
any update on this project?

i was/am quite excited by it after seeing those pics of those early Levis that Airfrog posted the other day.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I could go for a pair of those 201s raw but to have the same type buttons like the origianls would be important to me. LVC made a distressed pair of 1915 201s last years very limited those would be great if they offered them raw and with the buttons like those origianls and a better buckle. Remember any origianls before 1922 didn't have belt loops.

got some very good information about the new sizing of LVC, especially of RAW stuff.

we had so much questions about bigger sizes! but soon we will present a better size range like this:

Waist 38, 40, 42, 44

Inseam 38''

thnx

cultizm

When should the 505's be available on the site? And, since they're pre-shrunk, I'm thinking that if I order a 36 waist in the 501's, I should order a 34 waist in the pre-shrunk 505's, correct?

Thanks,

-Jake

The 505s are - so I'm told, this wasn't on the record - soemthing of a 'custom cut'; tight, for a contemporary look; it's not just the wiast that's small, but the thigh sizing too. (They look great, btw). So don't buy undersized. the 32-32 are at least as tight as the shrunk 34w 1947 501s, which are notoriously undersized.

The 505s are - so I'm told, this wasn't on the record - soemthing of a 'custom cut'; tight, for a contemporary look; it's not just the wiast that's small, but the thigh sizing too. (They look great, btw). So don't buy undersized. the 32-32 are at least as tight as the shrunk 34w 1947 501s, which are notoriously undersized.

which 505s do you mean, the '67 505s and from which collection(s)? S/S 07 or from all previous collections too?

Most of my jeans are 34 waist (a pair of 514's. a pair of 527's, my Nudie RRDS, my now sold pair of SC 47's), only a couple are 36 waist, and all those are shrink to fits. I don't mind tight, I just want them to fit.

Dejan, can you post the measurements for the waist on a 34 and 36 tagged 505 at some point?

-Jake

so theyre not the same cut as the 505s from s/s04(i think)?