raw and rigid - lvc s/s 07 collection

cultizm

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Raw 505's. I noticed it says that they are slim fit. Is this fit comparable to the 47 501's in terms of the thigh area? Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually the 505's are a fuller cut in the butt and thigh area tahn the 501's right?

I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Raw 505's. I noticed it says that they are slim fit. Is this fit comparable to the 47 501's in terms of the thigh area? Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually the 505's are a fuller cut in the butt and thigh area tahn the 501's right?

The current 32 inch 505s (they're sanforized) are a distinctly slimmer cut than the equivalent 34 inch waist 1947s

some information.

our latest information from LVC concerning the sizing of Raw stuff is, that from AW 07 the size range will be much ore higher, waist till 42'' and inseam to 38 or 40''.

actual sizing of

1967 505, 2'' in waist down from tagged size, eg tagged 38-38, measured 36-38

1937 501 true to size

to sum up the cool information for the SF for the customized LVC Raw jeans

a. should be made on valencia street - 555 button

b. 1860's cut in RAW

c. 14.5 oz denim

d. limited

e. quality of buckle backs

f. higher sizings

thnx for this, hopefully we collect this information

all the best to you - can't wait to be again in the US

some information.

our latest information from LVC concerning the sizing of Raw stuff is, that from AW 07 the size range will be much ore higher, waist till 42'' and inseam to 38 or 40''.

actual sizing of

1967 505, 2'' in waist down from tagged size, eg tagged 38-38, measured 36-38

1937 501 true to size

to sum up the cool information for the SF for the customized LVC Raw jeans

a. should be made on valencia street - 555 button

b. 1860's cut in RAW

c. 14.5 oz denim

d. limited

e. quality of buckle backs

f. higher sizings

thnx for this, hopefully we collect this information

all the best to you - can't wait to be again in the US

Those should be 9 oz denim. Levis didn't have 14 oz denim till the 50s.

Airfrog, I agree. I would like to see the 1922 or similar released. It would also be neat to see something transitional, like a 1940-42 with the crotch rivet but no buckleback. Of course, I am not sure that such a jean ever existed, but I think it must have.

I think after the war shortages hit the buckle back and the crotch rivet went at the same time.

Hello All,

I just wanted to give my praises for Cultizm. For those of you who are in the US and are concerned about ordering overseas and the high Euro/Dollar exchange rate, Cultizms prices are very reasonable when you consider that shipping is free and the tax is included in the specified prices. I ordered a pair of the 505's for myself and pair of the 55's 501's for my brother thinking that we could save on shipping by ordering together, but I guess--considering the free shipping--it wasn't necessary. The goods aren't shipped on the slow boat either. I placed the order on Friday and I was notified today(Sunday) that the jeans would arrive on Tuesday with FedEx tracking. Four days after paying, the jeans will be in my hands(from Switzerland to San Francisco). I will give a further review of the 505's upon receipt. Thanks Cultizm for the top notch service!

Sincerely,

Grant

When will we see the "Claiming Turf" wash for the 505xx?

Anyone know when the LVC s/s '07 collection will drop stateside?

I know that the Levis stores, and Famous Friends and Steven Alan, among others, carry LVC in NYC - but I hope someone will be carrying the 505. It seems like they often just get the raw '47 and little else.

When will we see the "Claiming Turf" wash for the 505xx?

Anyone know when the LVC s/s '07 collection will drop stateside?

I know that the Levis stores, and Famous Friends and Steven Alan, among others, carry LVC in NYC - but I hope someone will be carrying the 505. It seems like they often just get the raw '47 and little else.

I think Dejan has some 505s. E-mail him. Man I gotta tell ya he has the best prices a great selection and he delivers in next day or two days from Europe. I have not had better service from any company. Heres his email. Contact him directly because he sometimes has things that aren't listed on the site or he can order stuff or you.

[email protected]

Interesting - LVC Japan has released:

1983 501 (83501-0006)

1971 501 (71501-0006) with "1971 spec" Cone Mills denim

1967 505 (67505-0007) with "1967 spec" Cone Mills denim

http://www.joenet.co.jp/casual/levi/index.html

LVC Japan has always had more cuts than the global line (I guess they just sell more there), but it's interesting that they decided to use different denim for this year's 505 - the global 505 is using Kaihara I think.

I went and saw the 1967 "global release" 505 (67505-0217), and didn't buy them because I have a thing for heavier denim, and it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. I wonder if the Cone Mills version has denim that I might like better.

Any comments?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's up with the coin pocket on the '83 models? Also seems like the '71 tag should not have a big E. I bet the '71s have a cool fit, though.

LVC Japan releases "customised" jeans; in some cases, as in this '83 model, the rise has been lowered and as a result the coin pocket sits higher and overlaps the waistband. The "weird off-centred patch" is simply a patch of denim that is sewn in as an indication of this alteration. LVC japan does this to a number of model which originally had quite a high rise: 505, 606, 519 etc...