raw and rigid - lvc s/s 07 collection

cultizm

Hi,

here are some interesting styles of the new LVC Collection S/S 07!

Hope you'll enjoy it!! Your opinion will be appreciated. Many thnx in advance.

A short summery:

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/LVC01.jpg

New

# 1937 501xx

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/LVC04.jpg

# 1967 505xx

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/LVC03.jpg

# 1967 Type III Jacket

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/LVC02.jpg

Still in S/S 07

# 1947 501xx

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/LVC05.jpg

# 1955 501xx

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/LVC06.jpg

out in S/S 07

# 1933 501xx

We have attached some information of the LVC Style Book S/S07.

Don't know, if the quality is ok. Therefore some links.

Just enjoy it...

Dejan

www.cultizm.com

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have real issues with the LVC sizing.

Basically they just cater to the 32x32, 34x34 group of people .... e.g. the "standard" sizes they will sell in mega-volume.

They don't seem to give a toss about short / tall / fat / skinny people anymore, whereas in the earlier Valencia street era early 90s, they made a much greater size range in the LVC collections.

I have real issues with the LVC sizing.

Basically they just cater to the 32x32, 34x34 group of people .... e.g. the "standard" sizes they will sell in mega-volume.

They don't seem to give a toss about short / tall / fat / skinny people anymore, whereas in the earlier Valencia street era early 90s, they made a much greater size range in the LVC collections.

Bah, fuck even proportions in jeans. It's all about the massive discrepancy between waist and inseam...

where is the best place in NYC to get LVC items>? everytime i go to the levis store on broadway...they have like 2 pieces

Well, at one point the one on 14th street had a bunch, but these days it looks like shit. Got my type 3 there though. In a 48 too. But I think most days you gotta get online or something. The stores just don't carry any LVC.

Just noticed at the bottom of the picture that the 1967 505s are using PRESHRUNK 14.5oz Kaihara denim for the raw

Has LVC used this before? If so, can anyone comment on the differences between this, and the 14oz Cone denim (used in the 47 501s) or 12.5oz Cone denim?

I forgot to mentioned, that

a. we have a game on our webside for a limited 1900 Bunkhouse package, worth 1000 USD (sorry for spamming tweeds)

b. we will start a threat on SF for a perfect LVC jeans.

how the jeans should look like, which cut, raw or washed, a.s.o ?

I hope we could design on this way a limited jeans, which will be produced in a small lot for you by LVC.. we will be in serious talks with that.

hope for so much input of you guys.

have a great day - greetz @ peace

Just noticed at the bottom of the picture that the 1967 505s are using PRESHRUNK 14.5oz Kaihara denim for the raw

Has LVC used this before? If so, can anyone comment on the differences between this, and the 14oz Cone denim (used in the 47 501s) or 12.5oz Cone denim?

14 oz on the 47s hmm I had a pair and they were definately not 14 oz. Orginals were 12 oz. I think they used 14 oz on their 551Z (555) maybe Paul could clear some of this up but I think that was the only model they used 14oz on.

14 oz on the 47s hmm I had a pair and they were definately not 14 oz. Orginals were 12 oz. I think they used 14 oz on their 551Z (555) maybe Paul could clear some of this up but I think that was the only model they used 14oz on.

1947 raw use 12.5oz - sometimes it's been listed as 13oz, doubt there's any difference. It's possible you might see washed pairs listed as 14oz as that's probably their nominal weight once washed. I guess that 14oz sanforized fabric started out as 12.5oz too.

FWIW, though, now I think of it, if denim shrinks 10% in length, 10% width, it should weigh 1/.81 or 23% more for the same area. Which goes to show that most of the weights quoted are nominal...

1947 raw use 12.5oz - sometimes it's been listed as 13oz, doubt there's any difference. It's possible you might see washed pairs listed as 14oz as that's probably their nominal weight once washed. I guess that 14oz sanforized fabric started out as 12.5oz too.

FWIW, though, now I think of it, if denim shrinks 10% in length, 10% width, it should weigh 1/.81 or 23% more for the same area. Which goes to show that most of the weights quoted are nominal...

Thanks Paul. I scored a pair of this years 55s and you were right this years offerings are very nice indeed.

I forgot to mentioned, that

a. we have a game on our webside for a limited 1900 Bunkhouse package, worth 1000 USD (sorry for spamming tweeds)

I hope we could design on this way a limited jeans, which will be produced in a small lot for you by LVC.. we will be in serious talks with that.

have a great day - greetz @ peace

For me I would like a 53/54 501 with the leather tag but cut like the LVC 55s not the LVC 47s or a mid 1920s 501. Raw of course.

Oh my God :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, I am certainly interested in this.

I would be interested in one of the 'rarer' models.

in a 40 length.

For me I would like a 53/54 501 with the leather tag but cut like the LVC 55s not the LVC 47s or a mid 1920s 501. Raw of course.

I totally agree, I'd like this style to be perfectly reproduced, but just to be clear not the 54 zippered model. Leather tag, button fly '55 type cut and raw, perfect!:)

hi j.,

at least on friday the royal JKT will be finally here. last information

about the LVC project.

the "designed" jeans will be produced very limited and offered only by a few shops.

I am thinking of RAW, blue or green selvage, leather patch, silver rivets (to weak?), limited to the year of production, eg. 1886,.. a.s.o..

more later

This is just my opinion but what I think separates Levis and Lee also is the way they try and recreate historic jeans. If I wanted things like silver rivets and two pocket 1886s with belt loops some of that stuff is kinda already around. You see repros with cinches in the wrong place denim thats to heavy and slubby. I mean those are already out there. I think LVC by trying to recreate historic jeans and not trying to follow trends (well they kinda did when they made the 1947s) is the way they should continue to go.

I thought an early 50s 501 with a leather patch would be very cool. Also a 20s 501 cause they've already done a 20s 201. Kind of got the arcuate wrong on last years model. Maybe a raw version of the Bunkhouse. I would like LVC to do raw versions of all their models and maybe do a complete line of every reproduce year they done so far in raw of course. What would that be ? A 1873, 1886, 1890, 1901, 1905, 1915 201, 20s 201, 33 501, 37 201, 37 501, 44 501, 47 501, 54 501Z, 551Z, 55 501, 66 501, did I miss anything?

I also wish LVC would make better buckles for their cinchbacks. Thats my biggest complaint of LVC. They use some kind of alloy when they should use steel like most originals were.