samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

my vote's for 386 because its ready to go, and even more importantly 386 is actually around to make sure any problems get taken care, if 2000db's friend is flaking out this soon in the game, chances are it'll be impossible to get him to take care of any site problems down the line. the denimcontest isn't that important (at least to me) in the grand scheme, but it does seriously bother me when people make promises and don't follow through (money or no money involved) . . . if you can't do it, don't agree, if you give your word (even if its on an internet board), follow through when you say you will, not 2+ months later, nothing personal.

that being said everyone's fades are kicking my ass, i guess we can put my jeans in the "office worker" catagory when we compare them at year end.

Guest jeffvyain

there you go. credit will be given where it's due. the dude has had his chance to finish the site for a month and a half, and no progress has been made in the past couple weeks...not so much as an email since he went off to visit his buddy. there's no incentive for him. 386 is in it for the long haul. let's get some pics up on his site.

booyah

my vote's for 386 because its ready to go, and even more importantly 386 is actually around to make sure any problems get taken care, if 2000db's friend is flaking out this soon in the game, chances are it'll be impossible to get him to take care of any site problems down the line. the denimcontest isn't that important (at least to me) in the grand scheme, but it does seriously bother me when people make promises and don't follow through (money or no money involved) . . . if you can't do it, don't agree, if you give your word (even if its on an internet board), follow through when you say you will, not 2+ months later, nothing personal.

+1. If you say you’re going to do something do it. Its time to move on and 386 has done some great work so lets get the show on the road. I think its a little embarrassing that we have been working on this contest now for how long and there is still no sense of organization due to lack of a web site. I think it’s a little hard for any one in Japan including samurai to take us seriously when we just have a few pictures posted on a message board.

If anyone can photoshop/create a "jeans rack" image of 30 jeans in the same vein as "2000db's friend" then we can use it with a clear conscience based on imitation of a "site idea" which was shown to us but never finished. I can split it and code the page just fine, I'm just pretty lousy creating real-looking images from pieces. And it could even have Samurai tags instead of Denime.

Hey 386.....sorry for late response - it sucks being wo internet at home...

Since you have all email addresses - could you please send everybody the login details ??

Considering voting - I guess we just have to trust 386 - I guess that´s cool...

Allright - I hope will be able to upload pics this week - and really use this site !

Hey guys, I don't know if this has already been posted, but if not then I think you're finding it interesting/inspiring.

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/d-stock/19oz2.html

Start at the bottom of the page and work up.

really cool site, really interesting to see the difference in how heavyweight denim breaks in. You should post the site in the thread in the encyclopedia about lightweight vs heavyweight denim thread.

Allright - since I have mailed the guy who was supposed to set up login 4 weeks ago - and I ´v not heard from him sinc- I guess it just makes sense that we go ahead..

As said before - THE STREETS ARE WATCHING - SAMURAI is watching - and we all just were waiting ...

So - one more time - 386 - thanks for ur skills...

Now - I´v recieved my password - but am not able to log in... Maybe some of u are also experiencing the same problem - so 386 - please double check....

I would love to give the site a try and post some pics - and fill the gaps - pictures after 4 weeks have to be up !!

Allright - thanks for being patient , everybody - one more time - check out

www.denimcontest.com

does anyone know how to blog to their own profile? mine just goes to all of them...

I spelled your name "polly" on the main page link. My bad. I'll fix it when I get home today. I did it all by hand so I'm sure there is a lot fo little things like misspellings going on :) Thanks for pointing it out.