samurai denim contest [pics]

beatle

i have a question about samurai denim - given the quick fade of the sammies, is there a chance these will be like the japanese version of nudies, fading fast, blowing holes out, etc?

just a thought, because i have seen plenty of holes.

There are parts of mine that are absolutely white already and I was a little worried about the denim tearing a hole as well, but when you feel the denim its still thick. Its like the indigo moves on its own without abrasion.

Nice fading going on.

The cover on the snap of your RM is starting to bust through. Might want to go to a tailor to see if there's anything they can do.

side1.jpg

I knew Emaze was a fellow NYC'er...match the kicks with the shirt...only thing is he's missing the patented NYC cuff lol (IMHO something that I need to do as soon as my feet slip into a pair of something).

Diggin' the fit...a few mini-questions...you didn't size up huh? And your first soak was cold...did you go through with a second hot soak? They look like they stretched back out to nicely.

I stoped by BIG yesterday for S0500xx. On the leather patch, it shows Lot# 10 (a guy in BIG confirm that it is Texas S0500XX. My question is why Lot# are different from what you guys are wearing (Lot#9). Are they the same denim? Do they use the same technology (maximize tension to get maximum Atari)? Why no serial number? Since this is a limited edition and i saw most of you guys here have serial number after lot number.

I assume that S0500XX fading faster than APC or Nudies, right?

I stoped by BIG yesterday for S0500xx. On the leather patch, it shows Lot# 10 (a guy in BIG confirm that it is Texas S0500XX. My question is why Lot# are different from what you guys are wearing (Lot#9). Are they the same denim? Do they use the same technology (maximize tension to get maximum Atari)? Why no serial number? Since this is a limited edition and i saw most of you guys here have serial number after lot number.

I assume that S0500XX fading faster than APC or Nudies, right?

Everything is the same. The lot number changes every year. Lot #10 = Samurai's 10th production year.

I will be posting pics of digital_denim's sammies once I get time to post-process them... a preview pic here, sammies #2 in SF with Alcatraz... :)

379669849_fa5f5f8f20_d.jpg

do all sammies fade like this?

And do they still sell the pair you guys are wearing???

these look SICK KKK

They are S0500XX. they do sell these jeans. I think you still can get those from japan with the same lot number (Lot# 9). Still don't know why there is no serial number in Lot#10 since this model is a limited edition.

GoodHustle, thanks for information.

The S0500XX isn't a limited edition only. It was in 2006 with the original 09 run with the upside down "A" on the red tab. It was then put into another production run without the serial numbers as well a special run for the contest with a 0-30 numeral serial. The 10 run is just another production run.

Samurai chooses to stop producing models whenever they feel the need to, so in essence all Samurai are "limited editions" but the S0500XX has had multiple runs and will most likely continue to see this because of the extreme popularity and awesomeness of the dungaree.

I adjusted the curves and levels to highlight the wear, but definitely did not do anything to exaggerate.

I would gladly photograph all 30 pairs at the end, with the exact same studio lighting setup, front and back, closeups of front and ass area, to get a fair comparison.

I knew Emaze was a fellow NYC'er...match the kicks with the shirt...only thing is he's missing the patented NYC cuff lol (IMHO something that I need to do as soon as my feet slip into a pair of something).

Diggin' the fit...a few mini-questions...you didn't size up huh? And your first soak was cold...did you go through with a second hot soak? They look like they stretched back out to nicely.

I did do a cold soak at first then followed up with a hot soak and just did another hot soak last week.... I stayed true to size (30)