Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Is that the correct price for the FH 1001? last time I remenber they were $310.00.

Flat Head raised their prices on the heavy weight jeans by over 20% this season, we're actually making a smaller percentage margin on them now because we didn't raise our retail prices as much as we should have considering the new wholesale price.

I glanced at the FH keyring today, it's a bit shorter and a bit wider than the FH keyhook. Maaaaaybe half an inch and a quarter of an inch, respectively, but don't quote me on that. Sorry to be so vague, I didn't know people were asking about it or I might've paid more attention.

Hey kiya, when will the new mfsc collection be available on the online store?

October 18th.

Any chance the RJB re-stocks are available at the SF store? Would like to try on a pair of 106BSP's.

Yup, we've got em, come by..

i know you said something about restock on buzz, but are you getting any more sweats in?

i know you said something about restock on buzz, but are you getting any more sweats in?

Yup, we'll have them within the next 2 weeks.

nice! that just means i need to decide on a color. thanks

You never have anything good to say. Seriously, every post you have ever written is negative. Get some pussy (or stick, whatever you are into) and cheer the f up!

Haters of price-whingers unite!

At what point does someone go:

'The price of these jeans have gone up, and it looks like it's because production costs may have increased. Hmm what should I do? I could either not buy those jeans or I could work an extra couple of hours... But I know! Instead I'll whinge on a forum about how the retailer put up their prices! Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.'

Harden up.

^ there are going to be some sweet fleece-lined Cordura jackets coming out soon, but as far as light weight windbreakers... you may be waiting a little while before anything is for certain. Self Edge is getting some dope Iron heart exclusives later this year, stay tuned for deets.

'The price of these jeans have gone up, and it looks like it's because production costs may have increased. Hmm what should I do? I could either not buy those jeans or I could work an extra couple of hours... But I know! Instead I'll whinge on a forum about how the retailer put up their prices! Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.'

Harden up.

Not everyone has the opportunity to work an hour or two extra and get paid for it. Many work for a fixed salary regardless of any extra hours worked. This is even more relevant in the current economic climate.

Yes, prices have gone up for a reason and of course it wouldn't be expected for retailers to take the hit. It is also perfectly reasonable for consumers to express a little surprise or even anger at what is a steep increase ($50?), that's human nature. Take a look at the LVC thread for further proof.

Harden up.

Harden up? your point is to be totally submissive- and you say harden up?

strange.

Anyway- what you just said/argued sounds like some failed Commie rhetoric.

Complaining about price increases for the same quality product naturally warrants complaint. I think you're a little bitch/sheep to argue otherwise, and then to cover it up with some macho talk by putting someone down...

Just my opinion.

Little bitches whinge and whine. Real men/women find solutions.

So whinging is being assertive is it? And what will complaining gain? Will it make them cheaper?

I do agree with one of your points though, I mean retailers passing on increases in costs sounds exactly like Communist tripe and nothing like the market mechanism.

And well, you said it yourself:

Complaining about price increases... naturally warrants complaint.

So aren't we on the same team?

Actually, given the price increase over everything these past years, the pricing on Japanese denim has stayed relatively still!

E.g. Sugar Cane's stuff, same price as they were in 2004 (as far back as my memory and catalogues go).

Or, Eternal's jeans, less than 10% increase in the past 6 or 7 years.

SDA's basic range is still the same price as they were 5 years ago, etc...

The list goes on.

A small increase is to be expected at some point - they've got to feed their workers too~

Especially since TFH prices their jeans quite modestly compared to other Japanese brands already...

1001s and 1005s are €219 in dc-4 in Berlin. That's about $303. Not sure about sizes and postage rates. 1005s meanwhile are $310 shipped internationally from flat-head.co.uk. I'd imagine that both of these retailers probably still have the old stock from before the manufacturers price increase.

tfh didnt increase their price in japan

Really?

Dude, i'd think that out of all people you'd know that FH raised all their prices this year TWICE, once in the spring and once in the fall.

i didnt notice that really seriously. or did kobayashi san did a ninja on me???

There were public announcements on a bunch of Japanese sites and even on FH's own site twice this year.