Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Every William Gibson x Buzz Rickson x Porter bag left in our stock now comes signed by William Gibson under one of the leather pocket flap:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=78

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

After 9 months of R&D, we are pleased and honored to offer the SEXSC06 Jean; a cutting-edge collaboration style designed by Self Edge and Japan's world-renowned denim brand - Sugar Cane.

Sugar Cane is the pioneer brand that got its name for manufacturing denim and other fabrics crafted from blending some of the world's best cotton and sugar cane fibers, yielding exotic, unparalleled garments that produce absolutely outrageous personality with age and wear like nothing else on the market (and they smell sweet, too, thanks to the generous blend of sugar cane).

The SEXSC06 jeans offer plenty of inseam length on a mid/low-rise, narrow-leg body made with specially crafted 13oz Japanese denim produced from 50% Okinawa cotton and 50% Okinawa sugar cane that is loomed on vintage power-operated shuttle looms in such a way as to duplicate the looser, more-porous, slubby weave associated with hand-powered wooden looms from the 19th century, creating a breathable jean that's perfect for warmer climates.

-13oz Slack Weave Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

-Hand Loomed Style Denim

-50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend

-Reinforced Crotch (Denim Patch)

-Black Anodized Buttons

-Buffalo Leather Tag

-Pin-Check Rear Pocket Lining

-Japanese Sun Stripe Pocket Bags

Once this jean sells through, no further supply will be available due to this one-time production run.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=374

sexsc06_01_web-721838.jpg

sexsc06_02_web-721906.jpg

sexsc06_03_web-746696.jpg

sexsc06_04_web-746778.jpg

sexsc06_05_web-769900.jpg

sexsc06_06_web-769975.jpg

sexsc06_07_web-700099.jpg

sexsc06_08_web-700380.jpg

sexsc06_09_web-727173.jpg

sexsc06_10_web-727238.jpg

B.Son Double Mock Pullover

B.Son has been a hit this Fall with their simple yet forward pieces that work well with most styles due to their cuts and colors

Here we have a Double Mock Pullover, one of B.Son's final winter pieces for this year available in Charcoal or Heather Gray.

Available now in-store and via the online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77

bson_black_02_web-790784.jpg

bson_black_01_web-790760.jpg

bson_white_02_web-724940.jpg

bson_white_01_web-724920.jpg

i'm sorry if this has already been asked, but have you guys made any plans for the next SE x FH? if so, are they going to be similar to the SExFH05s? ive been reading up on the specs for the 05s (more specifically on the blacks) and i like what im seeing.

oh and i have another question. what brand and model of denim would you recommend that has a ~11" front rise and 37+" inseam all on a 32-33" waist (postsoak and after stretch)?

EDIT: other than imperial dukes

i'm sorry if this has already been asked, but have you guys made any plans for the next SE x FH? if so, are they going to be similar to the SExFH05s? ive been reading up on the specs for the 05s (more specifically on the blacks) and i like what im seeing.

oh and i have another question. what brand and model of denim would you recommend that has a ~11" front rise and 37+" inseam all on a 32-33" waist (postsoak and after stretch)?

dry bones red-d slim's.. you'll need to size down on them and the front rise will be closer to 11" after a hot soak

Yup, the Dry Bones Red-D is what you're looking for...

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=276

Some updates.. still in Japan... flying back to SF in a few hours..

-Real McCoys coming in two weeks including flight jackets, shirts, work-shirts, jeans, Lee Jeans and more..

-The Flat Head mob has continued it's steady take over of Nagano, Japan (photos will not be believed)

-Real Japan Blues jeans coming to Self Edge in December, unreal denim made of Zimbabwe cotton, two models, slim and straight

-Iron Heart slim jeans pushed back to february or march

-Some Flat Head shirts will be produced up to size 46 for Self Edge only starting March

-Wild Child leather collection, produced by Flat Head, samples will be shown in late December

-The SEXDBXS09 jean will be a nice time for all involved

-Self Edge is "big in Japan", this is news to us

Kiya: Are RJB slim jeans still on target for December. Pics?

Kiya: Are RJB slim jeans still on target for December. Pics?

Yup, should be done the first or second week of December...

kiya, for the red-d's should i size down to a 31 if i'm usually a 32 or 33?

Yeah, 31 should be perfect..

Yeah Im torn about the SExSC at $305 too... but I have made so many mistakes in my purchases over the past couple months (2x Dior and 1x APC...) while learning the difference between what looks best on me and what looks best on the shelf or in pictures online that the extra money wont be the decision maker in the end, at least for me. I just wish this came out a month earlier so I could have avoided my last bad decision, lol.

Hope these work for me, plan on stopping in on Friday after work (PAYDAY BIIIIIATCH!) to check them out.

kiya, are you ever gonna restock on the Flat Head S key hook thing?

Thanks

Yup, November 25th..

is there a restock coming on the dry bones red-d's? specifically in 31? thanks!

December 1st...

speaking of restock, when will there be a restock of flathead straight frontier, (since most are gone)

You looking at the right page?

We have every size in stock:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=210

any restock on SE Pote Tin Kyriaki (Never on Sunday) in Small?

Yup, December 10th...

Mister Freedom - The Second Chapter #1

One of our favorite lines here at Self Edge, Mister Freedom comes back with the second installment in the story of a Merchant Navy Sailor in the 1930's who had his clothes custom-made by the local Naval Base Tailor as he cruised around the world.

The second chapter of this concept is he sailor's last cruise that took him to the cold waters of the Souther Indian Ocean, after serving ten years in the Navy.

This Winter Collection, "The Last Cruise, Salty Years" focuses on extreme weather gear, custom Naval Tailor-made.

Our Sailor had become an "old salt" (an experienced seaman) by then and his clothes were weathered and faded by sea water, sun and wear. Although non-regulation, a popular practice since the 1920's for Navy enlisted men, was to have custom "LIBERTY CUFFS" and multicolored stitching added to their uniforms by local tailors. Sewn on the inside of the garment and invisible to the patrol officers, the fancy cuffs were rolled up and displayed while on shore leave.

The sailor CPO denim shirt and forthcoming denim Pea Coat are "LIBERTY ISSUE", customized by the MFSC Naval Base Tailor, featuring a mermaid patch (also used as a secret money pocket) and hidden custom stitching in the form of a inner rainbow chainstitch.

The collection also includes a Modified Type of jungle cloth Deck Jacket, a pair of Modified Type 7161 denim jeans, a wool/cotton sweater, a rain hat, and an undershirt. MF has also reissued the extremely popular chambray shirt from last season.

We've done something a bit special again for this photo-shoot, modeled by Samuel de Goede, shot by Sidney Lo, then each main photograph was digitally processed by Ordo, also check the online store for hi-res shots of the rest of the details.

The 7161md Jeans, Foul Weather Hat, CPO Overshirt, Chambray Shirt, and Mister Freedom T-Shirts are now available in-store and in our online store, these items are made in small runs and restocks are not available. Please check the online store product pages for far too much information on every single piece in the collection:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=74

MF_jeans_01-756365.jpg

MF_cpo_02-717408.jpg

MF_cpo_01-717307.jpg

MF_anchor_tee_01-739132.jpg

MF_anchor_tee_02-739194.jpg

MF_jeans_tee_01-717262.jpg

MF_peacoat_tee_01-777511.jpg

MF_peacoat_tee_02-1-717174.jpg

MF_bucket_01-777449.jpg

MF_ChambrayShirt_01-752159.jpg