Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

nice! thanks for posting. anyway i see that your buttons on the SE shirts are the flat ones. i am guessing its the older verision. thanks anyway looks great.

Actually the flat ones are the newer version.

We only use deadstock vintage buttons and the roundish ones ran out...

Just wanted to say what up, stopped by the store & got a chance to meet cottonduck, that was cool. Hope everyone has fun at the party next week! See ya next time im in SF kiya. picked up that self edge denim shirt, cant wait to see how it fades. Have fun in japan sam!

dear kiya,

since you're releasing the new sugar cane collab in 3 days, and all you talk in the hi-fi thread made me go out and buy a whole stereo (vintage marantz-vintage yamaha table-paradigm) so i didnt put aside money for jeans, i think you should send a pair to boston. possibly in a 35 and possibly with my address on them.

love, corter.

Actually the flat ones are the newer version.

We only use deadstock vintage buttons and the roundish ones ran out...

i wish i had the roundish ones on my black version. i much prefer my gray short sleeve SE shirt based solely on the awesome buttons.

will have to post pics of my black though...i've washed it several times and it's a nice blue now.

Kiya, i'm interested in the bsp's, i have asked the same question in the flat heads thread, but i want to hear what you have to say too.

I'm wearing size 32 in eternal 811, they have stretched from 31 to 32 and waist is now good.

What size in bsp's, will 33 end up good? And how much does the leg opening shrink?

thanks

Kiya, i'm interested in the bsp's, i have asked the same question in the flat heads thread, but i want to hear what you have to say too.

I'm wearing size 32 in eternal 811, they have stretched from 31 to 32 and waist is now good.

What size in bsp's, will 33 end up good? And how much does the leg opening shrink?

thanks

You need a size 33 in the SE05BSP.. leg opening will shrink ~.5" after a soak..

Flat Head Black Mint Shirt - Aging Differently

Flat Head has finally gotten us a shipment of the Black Mint shirt... A shirt where the fabric was developed by Flat Head and designed to age with wear but not in the traditional sense of "fading".

This shirt is made of a new fabric by Flat Head; they start out with a soft black pressed outer / brushed inner felt fabric then they silkscreen a mini grid pattern on the shirt. With wear the grid pattern wears off and leave just the black back-ground on high wear areas such as the elbows, arm pits, etc..

It's difficult to explain in words what the shirt looks like after some wear, but it's quite amazing as we've had one that has been worn in for six months on and off and it's like nothing we've seen before.

The Flat Head Black Mint Shirt is now available in-store and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=7df8bb47a63f7c57f6848da23d7669f7

Untitled-796248.jpg

cottonapprovedvintagephni7-777907.jpg

Flat Head Herringbone Button-Down - COTTON DUCK APPROVED

From Flat Head's Fall Collection comes this herringbone button down with cat's eye buttons made of a super soft woven cotton fabric.

This is a bit of a different style for Flat Head but we're liking it very much. The cut and feel of the shirt is great and the selvedge fabric detailing down the inside front and at the side seams is also a nice touch.

Cotton Duck approves this garment in every way, which is no surprise considering his taste for fine garments produced in a vintage style.

Available now in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=02ad5b381d79a76a5f4bc91503f2d3fb

100_7561-1-702787.jpg

100_7562-702826.JPG

100_7563-745374.JPG

buzz1-756606.jpg

William Gibson Party at Self Edge - November 9, Sunday

The man and legend himself, William Gibson, will be visiting Self Edge for an intense four hour long party on Sunday November 9th between 1pm and 5pm.

Some may know William Gibson from his venerable writings and creating and leading the cyberpunk genre with his world acclaimed novels such as Neuromancer, Count Zero, Pattern Recognition, and Spook Country. Others may know Gibson from the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson double-name line which is produced in Japan by TOYO (Sugar Cane). In our eyes the line started before Gibson ever met the men behind TOYO as Gibson wrote about a Buzz Rickson jacket that didn't actually exist in his novel Pattern Recognition. A Buzz Rickson black MA-1 Flight Jacket worn by Cayce Pollard set the wheels off and from there we've had reproductions of the most beautiful military pieces as seen through the eyes of William Gibson.

Even a recent set of Porter (Yoshida & Co.) bags has pushed the line even further into the accessory field and a set of classic athletic sneakers has widened the footwear line for the first time into the non-military issue realm.

William Gibson will be visiting Self Edge as a trip to further research all things denim and Japanese and at the same time to celebrate the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson line.

Come by and meet the man behind it all and enjoy a beer brewed down the street in our fine city.

Self Edge

714 Valencia Street

San Francisco 94110

November 9th

Sunday

1pm to 5pm

First fifty people get a collectible Buzz Rickson Bandana... More specials to be announced closer to the date of the party.

item_williamgibson_gibson-759833.jpg

My Inazuma Festival article which i was hired by Cool Hunting to write went up today:

http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2008/11/inazuma_festiva.php

Note: i'd like to point out that the second photo in the post is a group of guys standing around drooling over a motorcycle.. the guys: Benny (take5), me, Osanai (from Iron Heart), and the presidents/founders of Toys McCoys, Pherrows, Iron Heart, and Lightning. That's how surreal this event is.

what i want to know is... what the hell is a peacoat t-shirt?

You're about to find out early next week...

But before then we've got the SEXSC06, Buzz Rickson x William Gibson M-65, new Sugar Cane shirts, and more..

Hey.. that's a photo i took.. somehow i don't remember posting it ever though..

Weird.

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

After 9 months of R&D, we are pleased and honored to offer the SEXSC06 Jean; a cutting-edge collaboration style designed by Self Edge and Japan's world-renowned denim brand - Sugar Cane.

Sugar Cane is the pioneer brand that got its name for manufacturing denim and other fabrics crafted from blending some of the world's best cotton and sugar cane fibers, yielding exotic, unparalleled garments that produce absolutely outrageous personality with age and wear like nothing else on the market (and they smell sweet, too, thanks to the generous blend of sugar cane).

The SEXSC06 jeans offer plenty of inseam length on a mid/low-rise, narrow-leg body made with specially crafted 13oz Japanese denim produced from 50% Okinawa cotton and 50% Okinawa sugar cane that is loomed on vintage power-operated shuttle looms in such a way as to duplicate the looser, more-porous, slubby weave associated with hand-powered wooden looms from the 19th century, creating a breathable jean that's perfect for warmer climates.

-13oz Slack Weave Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

-Hand Loomed Style Denim

-50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend

-Reinforced Crotch (Denim Patch)

-Black Anodized Buttons

-Buffalo Leather Tag

-Pin-Check Rear Pocket Lining

-Japanese Sun Stripe Pocket Bags

Once this jean sells through, no further supply will be available due to this one-time production run.

Available in-store at Self Edge on Saturday November 8th at Noon.

Online sales will start at www.selfedge.com on the same day at 3pm.

Retail cost is $305 (with free shipping worldwide as usual).

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=374

sexsc06_01_web-721838.jpg

sexsc06_02_web-721906.jpg

sexsc06_03_web-746696.jpg

sexsc06_04_web-746778.jpg

sexsc06_05_web-769900.jpg

sexsc06_06_web-769975.jpg

sexsc06_07_web-700099.jpg

sexsc06_08_web-700380.jpg

sexsc06_09_web-727173.jpg

sexsc06_10_web-727238.jpg

Kiya,

Thank you for the update and congratulations on the newest collaboration.

Will these be slubbier than the texas cotton found in the S0500XX?

How will the slub compare to the PBJ XX-005?

knob_slub.jpg

Hey sidney,

What shoes are you wearing? and where are the flat head shirt evo pics ;)

He's wearing Red Wing Gentleman Travelers...

FH shirt evo pics are not on here because i forgot the shirt at home and it's my birthday and i'm about to go out and get wasted now...

Self Edge x Sugar Cane = SEXSC06 - THE SECOND COMING OF FIRE

After 9 months of R&D, we are pleased and honored to offer the SEXSC06 Jean; a cutting-edge collaboration style designed by Self Edge and Japan's world-renowned denim brand - Sugar Cane.

Sugar Cane is the pioneer brand that got its name for manufacturing denim and other fabrics crafted from blending some of the world's best cotton and sugar cane fibers, yielding exotic, unparalleled garments that produce absolutely outrageous personality with age and wear like nothing else on the market (and they smell sweet, too, thanks to the generous blend of sugar cane).

The SEXSC06 jeans offer plenty of inseam length on a mid/low-rise, narrow-leg body made with specially crafted 13oz Japanese denim produced from 50% Okinawa cotton and 50% Okinawa sugar cane that is loomed on vintage power-operated shuttle looms in such a way as to duplicate the looser, more-porous, slubby weave associated with hand-powered wooden looms from the 19th century, creating a breathable jean that's perfect for warmer climates.

-13oz Slack Weave Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim

-Hand Loomed Style Denim

-50/50 Cotton / Sugar Cane Fiber Blend

-Reinforced Crotch (Denim Patch)

-Black Anodized Buttons

-Buffalo Leather Tag

-Pin-Check Rear Pocket Lining

-Japanese Sun Stripe Pocket Bags

Once this jean sells through, no further supply will be available due to this one-time production run.

Available in-store at Self Edge on Saturday November 8th at Noon.

Online sales will start at www.selfedge.com on the same day at 3pm.

Retail cost is $305 (with free shipping worldwide as usual).

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=374

sexsc06_01_web-721838.jpg

sexsc06_02_web-721906.jpg

sexsc06_03_web-746696.jpg

sexsc06_04_web-746778.jpg

sexsc06_05_web-769900.jpg

sexsc06_06_web-769975.jpg

sexsc06_07_web-700099.jpg

sexsc06_08_web-700380.jpg

sexsc06_09_web-727173.jpg

sexsc06_10_web-727238.jpg