Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Flat Head Black Mint Shirt - Aging Differently

Flat Head has finally gotten us a shipment of the Black Mint shirt... A shirt where the fabric was developed by Flat Head and designed to age with wear but not in the traditional sense of "fading".

This shirt is made of a new fabric by Flat Head; they start out with a soft black pressed outer / brushed inner felt fabric then they silkscreen a mini grid pattern on the shirt. With wear the grid pattern wears off and leave just the black back-ground on high wear areas such as the elbows, arm pits, etc..

It's difficult to explain in words what the shirt looks like after some wear, but it's quite amazing as we've had one that has been worn in for six months on and off and it's like nothing we've seen before.

The Flat Head Black Mint Shirt is now available in-store and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=7df8bb47a63f7c57f6848da23d7669f7

Untitled-796248.jpg

100_7558-796332.JPG

100_7559-755492.JPG

cottonapprovedvintagephni7-777907.jpg

Flat Head Herringbone Button-Down - COTTON DUCK APPROVED

From Flat Head's Fall Collection comes this herringbone button down with cat's eye buttons made of a super soft woven cotton fabric.

This is a bit of a different style for Flat Head but we're liking it very much. The cut and feel of the shirt is great and the selvedge fabric detailing down the inside front and at the side seams is also a nice touch.

Cotton Duck approves this garment in every way, which is no surprise considering his taste for fine garments produced in a vintage style.

Available now in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=02ad5b381d79a76a5f4bc91503f2d3fb

100_7561-1-702787.jpg

100_7562-702826.JPG

100_7563-745374.JPG

Will you be getting Buzz Rickson's crew neck sweatshirts in at any point?

Yup, we'll have blank ones and also the Buzz Rickson x Self Edge ones in later in November.

buzz1-756606.jpg

William Gibson Party at Self Edge - November 9, Sunday

The man and legend himself, William Gibson, will be visiting Self Edge for an intense four hour long party on Sunday November 9th between 1pm and 5pm.

Some may know William Gibson from his venerable writings and creating and leading the cyberpunk genre with his world acclaimed novels such as Neuromancer, Count Zero, Pattern Recognition, and Spook Country. Others may know Gibson from the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson double-name line which is produced in Japan by TOYO (Sugar Cane). In our eyes the line started before Gibson ever met the men behind TOYO as Gibson wrote about a Buzz Rickson jacket that didn't actually exist in his novel Pattern Recognition. A Buzz Rickson black MA-1 Flight Jacket worn by Cayce Pollard set the wheels off and from there we've had reproductions of the most beautiful military pieces as seen through the eyes of William Gibson.

Even a recent set of Porter (Yoshida & Co.) bags has pushed the line even further into the accessory field and a set of classic athletic sneakers has widened the footwear line for the first time into the non-military issue realm.

William Gibson will be visiting Self Edge as a trip to further research all things denim and Japanese and at the same time to celebrate the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson line.

Come by and meet the man behind it all and enjoy a beer brewed down the street in our fine city.

Self Edge

714 Valencia Street

San Francisco 94110

November 9th

Sunday

1pm to 5pm

First fifty people get a collectible Buzz Rickson Bandana... More specials to be announced closer to the date of the party.

item_williamgibson_gibson-759833.jpg

Kiya just fyi i went to the grocery market today and saw a guy that looked just like you! I tried to take a pic with my phone but he saw me, gave me a mean look, and left. Later at the checkout i was right behind him in like and things got very awkward.

didn't think to just say hi?

I was visiting Mark Montgomery today in Georgia.. that WAS me..

It's difficult to explain in words what the shirt looks like after some wear, but it's quite amazing as we've had one that has been worn in for six months on and off and it's like nothing we've seen before.

do you have a pic of the worn in shirt? it sounds hella interesting

Hey kiya do you have "aged" pics of the flat head mint shirt?

Yup, i'll have Sid take some photos of it today..

OK, FedEx just dropped mine off a few minutes ago.

Unfortunately, it's going to have to go back, because I'm just too big for a 44 (damn you, Flat Head, for not making them bigger!!), but with that said:

WOW, this shirt is incredible. The fabric is completely different from any I've felt before, and the combination of pattern/color with the snap buttons is just beautiful. I would wear this shirt to death if the fit was right for me. :(

Flat Head has finally gotten us a shipment of the Black Mint shirt... A shirt where the fabric was developed by Flat Head and designed to age with wear but not in the traditional sense of "fading".

This shirt is made of a new fabric by Flat Head; they start out with a soft black pressed outer / brushed inner felt fabric then they silkscreen a mini grid pattern on the shirt. With wear the grid pattern wears off and leave just the black back-ground on high wear areas such as the elbows, arm pits, etc..

The Flat Head Black Mint Shirt is now available in-store and in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=7df8bb47a63f7c57f6848da23d7669f7

Untitled-796248.jpg

cottonapprovedvintagephni7-777907.jpg

Flat Head Herringbone Button-Down - COTTON DUCK APPROVED

From Flat Head's Fall Collection comes this herringbone button down with cat's eye buttons made of a super soft woven cotton fabric.

This is a bit of a different style for Flat Head but we're liking it very much. The cut and feel of the shirt is great and the selvedge fabric detailing down the inside front and at the side seams is also a nice touch.

Cotton Duck approves this garment in every way, which is no surprise considering his taste for fine garments produced in a vintage style.

Available now in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68&zenid=02ad5b381d79a76a5f4bc91503f2d3fb

100_7561-1-702787.jpg

100_7562-702826.JPG

100_7563-745374.JPG

buzz1-756606.jpg

William Gibson Party at Self Edge - November 9, Sunday

The man and legend himself, William Gibson, will be visiting Self Edge for an intense four hour long party on Sunday November 9th between 1pm and 5pm.

Some may know William Gibson from his venerable writings and creating and leading the cyberpunk genre with his world acclaimed novels such as Neuromancer, Count Zero, Pattern Recognition, and Spook Country. Others may know Gibson from the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson double-name line which is produced in Japan by TOYO (Sugar Cane). In our eyes the line started before Gibson ever met the men behind TOYO as Gibson wrote about a Buzz Rickson jacket that didn't actually exist in his novel Pattern Recognition. A Buzz Rickson black MA-1 Flight Jacket worn by Cayce Pollard set the wheels off and from there we've had reproductions of the most beautiful military pieces as seen through the eyes of William Gibson.

Even a recent set of Porter (Yoshida & Co.) bags has pushed the line even further into the accessory field and a set of classic athletic sneakers has widened the footwear line for the first time into the non-military issue realm.

William Gibson will be visiting Self Edge as a trip to further research all things denim and Japanese and at the same time to celebrate the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson line.

Come by and meet the man behind it all and enjoy a beer brewed down the street in our fine city.

Self Edge

714 Valencia Street

San Francisco 94110

November 9th

Sunday

1pm to 5pm

First fifty people get a collectible Buzz Rickson Bandana... More specials to be announced closer to the date of the party.

item_williamgibson_gibson-759833.jpg

woah great!!! hmm just wondering if you have any other worn in shirts to share. like the self edge black cone denim shirt, or the dry bones natural indigo shirt?

I've had the Self Edge black denim shirt for awhile now, and just snapped some pictures of it. It has worn in wonderfully, and in some of the close-ups you can see the blue starting to wear through:

SEBlack1.jpg

SEBlack2.jpg

SEBlack3.jpg

And then, just for comparison purposes, here is a close-up of the FH Black Mint shirt:

FH2.jpg

Just an awesome feel to the fabric. :)

kiya,

Is the restock on skull jeans still scheduled for this week?

Nope, pushed back again for a few weeks..

Trust me, we're more frustrated that you are.

My Inazuma Festival article which i was hired by Cool Hunting to write went up today:

http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2008/11/inazuma_festiva.php

Note: i'd like to point out that the second photo in the post is a group of guys standing around drooling over a motorcycle.. the guys: Benny (take5), me, Osanai (from Iron Heart), and the presidents/founders of Toys McCoys, Pherrows, Iron Heart, and Lightning. That's how surreal this event is.

I've had the Self Edge black denim shirt for awhile now, and just snapped some pictures of it. It has worn in wonderfully, and in some of the close-ups you can see the blue starting to wear through:

SEBlack1.jpg

SEBlack2.jpg

SEBlack3.jpg

And then, just for comparison purposes, here is a close-up of the FH Black Mint shirt:

FH2.jpg

Just an awesome feel to the fabric. :)

nice! thanks for posting. anyway i see that your buttons on the SE shirts are the flat ones. i am guessing its the older verision. thanks anyway looks great.