APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

It's the 150th day of wear of my NS on the 20th this month, and only been through one soak at the 100th day, so I was thinking of washing them in the machine without detergent. But I want them to shrink as much as they can. Do you think I could or should wash them at 60º?? Will they loose much indigo? And can I spin them? Or should I just soak them in the tub again?

Anyone know if the new standards are still inconsistant in the length? I know people used to have size 29 with a longer inseam than a size 30. Did they fix this or if I call around could a find a 29 with a 36"inseam?

hey guys, looking to purchase some new standards in a 28 waist from a guy on the supermarket, just wondering...i want them to fit like my slim jims, which i wear in a 30, will the tightness be comparable? or should i just go with some new cures or something instead

hey guys, looking to purchase some new standards in a 28 waist from a guy on the supermarket, just wondering...i want them to fit like my slim jims, which i wear in a 30, will the tightness be comparable? or should i just go with some new cures or something instead

the fit will be very comparable to your slim jims. they both have a slim leg w/ a slight taper (the new cures taper more extremely) and are mid-rise.

Just got my rescues for like $100. Got size 35 which actually fit. Couldn't button the buttons at first but about 5 mins of stretching around in them and they button up nice. I've never seen 100% cotton denim that is SO stretchy. What's up with that?

followed the 2 size down rule here man i coudnt even freaking button up the last 2 button ims till wearing the freaking jeans i coudnt eat when im wearing it feels like puking..anyways been wearing it for around 18 hours total but i estimate around 1/4 inch stretch how long should i wear this freaking jeans?

followed the 2 size down rule here man i coudnt even freaking button up the last 2 button ims till wearing the freaking jeans i coudnt eat when im wearing it feels like puking..anyways been wearing it for around 18 hours total but i estimate around 1/4 inch stretch how long should i wear this freaking jeans?

To put things In perspective - I wear a 28 Slim Jim and they are TIGHT around the waist, should have got a 29 but I overestimated the stretch.

I have been wearing a 27 (old) cure for about a month and the waist is still tight as shit. I admit I havent been doing much in them - sitting in the office etc but they hurt to wear all day and give me killer red marks on my hips. They are ever so slowly stretching - i have to start skating in them but they are so damn rigid it will be tough.

28 in Nudie Slim Jims, what size for New Standards? :)

I used to wear Slim Jims in 28 a while ago, and have been wearing 27 New Standards for about half a year now. I wouldn't consider going smaller then that.

Alright, so since the "Search this thread" feature isnt working for me right now, just to make sure before i go do it,

whats the recomended method for soaking raw ns's. I want them to shrink back to their original size. From what I've read, hot+4 hours should be good? thanks.

EDIT: nevermind. went ahead and did a hot 4 hour wash anyways. Time will tell...

Also, does anyone notice that when they soak their jeans, it smells like instant ramen?

I normally wear a 36 or 38 and got rescues in 35 and when I first put them on I could only button the lowest button. After just two days they're already approaching comfy.

eddy whats this sufu coupon u speak of for denim bar. thanks

Mention Styleforum or Superfuture, and you'll get 20% off on all orders excepting Sugarcanes. So, APC raw denim New Standards or Rescues are $112. Shipping is free, even internationally, I believe. Tell Joey or Tim or Mauro that Fok sent you.

Enjoy.

hell man.. have to keep on wearing them haaay...

btw guys regarding the denimbar.. what denims do they sell ? all i see on the site is the email and contact details. anyone? and how do i avail the discount? just tell the guy im ordering to that im a SF member?

hell man.. have to keep on wearing them haaay...

btw guys regarding the denimbar.. what denims do they sell ? all i see on the site is the email and contact details. anyone? and how do i avail the discount? just tell the guy im ordering to that im a SF member?

http://www.myspace.com/thedenimbar

hey thanks!will check it out..

no problem. geat store and great service. they have 2 locations. not too much in japanese stuff. just sugarcane's i think. also, they'll be getting the kicking mule made in japan line this spring. big things for that. mauro is the owner and he's really helpful.

cool what about the discount? ill just tell him a sf member and thats it? hell give me 10-20% off?

yes, go on style forum for more info. there's a sticky about it. good luck.