APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read just about this entire thread, and still haven't found the answer to my problem.

I'm 6'3 165lbs, and I like skinny jeans. I've seen pictures of the New Standards that have the perfect look that I want, but I'm not sure what size to go with.

I know that you're supposed to size down a bit, but what I'm really concerned about is the inseam. Since I'm so tall, it's hard to achieve that 'stacking' thing at the bottom without sacrificing the slim fit around the legs.

I've read things that say that the inseam on a 32 waist is anywhere from 35-36, and I think that would be a sufficient length, but I don't know if that measurement goes down as you take the waist size down. I wear a size 33, so I'd be looking to go down to around a 31.

If anyone can lend some insight on this, I'd be greatly appreciative. Any reccomendations of other denim brands would also be welcomed.

I've read things that say that the inseam on a 32 waist is anywhere from 35-36, and I think that would be a sufficient length, but I don't know if that measurement goes down as you take the waist size down. I wear a size 33, so I'd be looking to go down to around a 31.

If anyone can lend some insight on this, I'd be greatly appreciative. Any reccomendations of other denim brands would also be welcomed.

No the inseam is not relative to the waist size. They should all be the same. If you are really concerned, call the shop and ask them to measure.

Figure i'll cross post this as people looking for apc jeans might have similar questions.

Anyone know of the difference between the old cures and the new cures?

Also, are there places to buy apc hipsters and old cures besides apc.fr? Denimbar doesn't happen to carry them do they? I know the hipsters are pretty similar to the new standards but with a much lower rise(girl jeans), and the old cures look much fuller than the new cures. Is there really a difference between new/old cure and new standard?

Thank you both for your quick responses. Do you think the 36" inseam on the NS would be sufficient to get at least a little bit of stacking going on at the end of the leg, keeping in mind my height?

If you don't think so, I'm probably going to end up going with a 38" inseam on a pair of Ande Whalls.

I'm 6'4", and I don't get much stacking at all on my NSs. I used to wear old Cures (38" inseam) and got much better stacking. As for differences between new and old Cures, I tried on a pair of new cures at Barney's and my knees (yes my KNEES) are apparently too fat. The old cures are a little tighter than the NSs, and they also have a bit of a higher rise.

My NSs:

waywt011507.jpg

And the Cures:

cures.jpg

It should be quite apparent why I don't wear that particular pair anymore. The other pocket is just as thrashed and there are two gaping huge crotch holes. 8 months, almost every day!

What size are you normally? Also, if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could measure the waist/thigh/inseam? I'm trying to decide if i should get them in 31 or 30, and with the cures, my reproductive future is at stake.

One more question, can u guys post up your New Standard tag on the jeans?

It should have a APC, size and model tag right? And there should be space between the size tag and model tag right?

But i found one with APC tag, size and model tag, but the model tag is "Standard" instead of "New Standard". Also the size and model tag are right beside each other, moreover, they are right underneath the APC tag. Is this pair fake?

Plz help me out, thx very much in advance.

Is Standard older model of New Standard. If yes, what's the difference between the two?

One more question, can u guys post up your New Standard tag on the jeans?

It should have a APC, size and model tag right? And there should be space between the size tag and model tag right?

But i found one with APC tag, size and model tag, but the model tag is "Standard" instead of "New Standard". Also the size and model tag are right beside each other, moreover, they are right underneath the APC tag. Is this pair fake?

Plz help me out, thx very much in advance.

didnt know we couldnt. Im gonna order from Mauro anyway. Mmm dokydoky would u happen to know the hem on those cures raw?(they look pretty destroyed now not sure if u could still measure em! lol)

How much does Mauro charge for shipment? Think Frontrow sold out their new cures...