APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since the leg opening on the ns are so small ... im curious what shoes u guys rock your

NS with ?

i tried wearing them with my chucks, but they make my feet look so long

love my new jeans, just dont know what shoes to rock them with --- post pics if ya can :)

I'm in the same boat. My NS are the first pair of jeans I've owned in 15+ years that are this tapered. All my shoes in the past 10 years have been bought for skating/chilling.

The only pair that look good with the NS are my adidas ZX700's, but they are old and a bit ratty. My Puma Trimm Quicks aren't bad, but after one day, the indigo did rub off onto the white shoes. I've thought about Vans or Chucks, but I really need a shoe with a good sole support. Chucks are like socks in that area. And Vans slip-ons are a bit cold for this time of year. I really like the idea of a darker suede Clark Wallabee. Does anybody have pictures of what that would look like? I have a pair of Clarks Chukka slip-ons, but they are old as well, and not very comfortable.

ps-Nike SB Dunks look totally retarded with them.

Hi guys,

First time poster here. I'm looking into getting a pair of NSs and I have a few questions. I have a pair of Stussy shorts that I really like because they fit just how I like them around the waist (enough so that I don't need a belt, but I usually wear a belt with them). They say they are size 30. I guess every company has different sizing and I know people say to go down 2 sizes if you are getting a pair of these. I decided to remeasure my waist by putting my belt on a comfortable notch, taking it off and then measuring from the notch ot the end of the belt. It came out to 32 inches. So, I'm a little bit confused now, can someone help me decide on which size to get? I'm leaning towards a size 30, but I want to ask you guys first since you guys seem to be the experts. I don't want them ball crushing tight looking at all just to let you know, I prefer a more relaxed fit. Also, I'm in highschool, so I'm still growing if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

First time poster here. I'm looking into getting a pair of NSs and I have a few questions. I have a pair of Stussy shorts that I really like because they fit just how I like them around the waist (enough so that I don't need a belt, but I usually wear a belt with them). They say they are size 30. I guess every company has different sizing and I know people say to go down 2 sizes if you are getting a pair of these. I decided to remeasure my waist by putting my belt on a comfortable notch, taking it off and then measuring from the notch ot the end of the belt. It came out to 32 inches. So, I'm a little bit confused now, can someone help me decide on which size to get? I'm leaning towards a size 30, but I want to ask you guys first since you guys seem to be the experts. I don't want them ball crushing tight looking at all just to let you know, I prefer a more relaxed fit. Also, I'm in highschool, so I'm still growing if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

I say go a lot lower than a 30. When you usually buy jeans, what size do you usually get? 32? 30? I wear a 29 in NS with a lot of slack in the waist and my usual jeans are bought in a 31 or 32.

I think I've decided to go with a size 30 since that is 2 sizes down from my regular, but on this site - http://www.azaleasf.com/apcns.html

it lists the actualy waist band = 34"

So does that mean I should get a size 28?

Once again, I'm not going for the tight look, I want it relaxed.

Maybe the actual waist band on that site means after break in? Anyways, go for the size 30. I sized down from 32 to 30, and it stretched out to a 34 waist. But it fits fine and dandy.

Well if you have a problem with thighs, I'm sure you won't be purchasing any New Standards anytime soon.

That's not what the site means.

The tagged size is a 32. The actual length of the waist band is a 34.

That's why people tell you to size down a lot, cause one, it will be bigger than tagged size and two, it will stretch like shit.

So since you are a 32 and sized down 2 by getting a 30, the waist band will probably meausre out to be a 32 -- which is your true size.

After wear though, they will probably stretch out a couple more sizes.

i faced the same situation... i did a warm soak and then got it hemmed to my liking, leaving about an inch for error.

are the NS supposed to look tight the first week or so? will they eventually berak in so i can hopefully wear them a little lower on the waist? in how long will this take

I love how you guys only suggest people depending on WAIST size. No one takes into account thighs..then again I guess no one on here really needs to w/ twig legs

sorry/ranting.

As soon as APC starts measuring their jeans by the thigh size I'll start recommending them to people based on them.

to give people an idea of how badly these stretch, i started off by buying a size 29 NS.

After about 4 months its stretched to a 36, i bought them too tight but they stretched out like crazy. i sized down about 3 sizes so that obviously was a bad idea. yeah so if you dont want these to cut into your hips or your waist and give you bruises just listen to everyone and just get 2 sizes down and itll probbaly fit like theyre sposed to.

I think I've decided to go with a size 30 since that is 2 sizes down from my regular, but on this site - http://www.azaleasf.com/apcns.html

it lists the actualy waist band = 34"

So does that mean I should get a size 28?

Once again, I'm not going for the tight look, I want it relaxed.

Then you really shouldn't buy the New Standards. Seriously. These are the tightest/smallest pair of jeans I've worn in about 15 years. Granted I had been wearing the huge/baggy skate jeans for a while, but these are pretty small. They are in between a Levi's 527 Low Bootcut and a 511 Skinny. Go try those on at your local Department store and see if you like that tight of a jean. Also, you need to account for the tapered leg. I would rather have a straighter leg or even a small flare, but I do like the jeans.

If you do like the feel of the two jeans above listed, then just go two sizes down. One size because they actually run a size bigger than listed, and another to account for the stretching. Mine haven't stretched as much as other people have said on here, but I've been wearing them less than a month. They will be very tight in the waist at first, but will get better after about a week or so.

Then you really shouldn't buy the New Standards. Seriously. These are the tightest/smallest pair of jeans I've worn in about 15 years. Granted I had been wearing the huge/baggy skate jeans for a while, but these are pretty small. They are in between a Levi's 527 Low Bootcut and a 511 Skinny. Go try those on at your local Department store and see if you like that tight of a jean. Also, you need to account for the tapered leg. I would rather have a straighter leg or even a small flare, but I do like the jeans.

If you do like the feel of the two jeans above listed, then just go two sizes down. One size because they actually run a size bigger than listed, and another to account for the stretching. Mine haven't stretched as much as other people have said on here, but I've been wearing them less than a month. They will be very tight in the waist at first, but will get better after about a week or so.

I beg to differ. I don't consider New Standards tight, skinny jeans. I'd say they're more of a slimmer than skinny jean, especially after the stretch. Mine can even be called relaxed. :(