APC denim

Geowu

what size are you normally and do you wear them low or what because i usually wear 30-31 on actual waist but i forgot i wear them low so im a 32-33 for the hips and i sized down toa 29 from basically a 32 and it stretched like crazy but they fit really comfortably now ill take pictures in a bit because i finally got a shitty camera for like 80 bucks

were prolly around the same so i should be alset. Just ordered them. Post some pics, how long did it take to stretch them to your liking?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quick question

ive had my apc new standards for a couple months now, they have stretched to the size that I want them to be.

but, how should I go about washing them without having them shrink much? and if I wash them, will the denim fade enough so that it doesnt rub off on my white shoes?

niggah, im gonna get some cures in raw. i have pre-washed cures, size 31. they are probs too big for me, i think i should have got a 30. on top of this, people always say size down when going from a washed to a raw. so im thinking 29- anyone stop me here if you disagree.

im pretty much your standard 32 usually. in levis i take a 32 or 33. usually 33 though as i like slim, tappered anti fit, if you can imagine such a thing, so that the jeans have shape and style, but dont really touch me.

quick question

ive had my apc new standards for a couple months now, they have stretched to the size that I want them to be.

but, how should I go about washing them without having them shrink much? and if I wash them, will the denim fade enough so that it doesnt rub off on my white shoes?

it will always rub off on your white shoes.

just wash them, they'd stretch back out in an hr.

hi there, first post. I'm interested in getting some APC Rescues http://www.apc.fr/eu/en/fiche_article.php?ref=1C000512237H I have some Slim Jims in 33x34(I ordered true to size), I am looking for something bigger in the thighs compaired to my Slim Jims, what size should I order, or should I be looking for different jeans.

Thanks

29....wen you first get it, waist is already 31.5 from what ive been reading :rolleyes:

shinchrono, do you need a belt to keep it from falling? or can you leave it hanging on your waist

i can definitely wear it w/o a belt (for now) but i don't know how long that's going to last, haha. i'm starting to like the fit now, i'm usually one for slightly baggier jeans so i'm fine with the baggy look, although i think i definitely could have sized down to 29 or even gone for NS in 29/30 rather than the rescues.

For everyone with questions sizing their new standards, I've got an update. I'm a 32 for a nice, snug fit with no sag. Bought a 29 for a decent slim fit, they've stretched to a little under a 33 and they now have a nice sag and still stayed slim through the thighs

Guest thing4kicks86

Well for those interested I bought APC Rescues Size: 33 and compared them to my Levi's 501 (Pre-shrunk) Size: 36 and they were the same. The Rescues were a little stiffer because of the raw denim, but as far as thigh room very comfortable. I bought 32 initially and the thigh area was uncomfortable and had to exchange. Hope this helps.

a good general guideline is size down 2 for ns, 3 for rescue. im sure this has been posted millions of times in this thread already, but hey whats one more time.

Hmm I emailed Mauro of Denimbar and asked him about Rescues. I'm a size 36 in 501s, and he told me size 35 Rescues would be good. I'm gonna take his word for it and order them. If they're too big I can always return them.

Jeans came in today and they look amazing. At first i could barely even get the second from the top button on, but after a few minutes of leg squats and using my girls workout machine(cant think of the name) they stretched out. Been rocking today at work without a belt and i can put these on with ease now, and even have alittle extra room. Prolly throw a belt on to keep stretching down. Anyway going down 3 sizes was key, props to this thread for having all the info i needed and then some..

IMG_1240.jpg

Hmm I emailed Mauro of Denimbar and asked him about Rescues. I'm a size 36 in 501s, and he told me size 35 Rescues would be good. I'm gonna take his word for it and order them. If they're too big I can always return them.

don't do it. you will end up disappointed. if you plan on keeping them unwashed for a long time they will be way too big for you. i need around a 33 in LVCxx (i think), i wear a 30/31 in nudies, and i need a (nonexistent) 28!! in the rescues. i tried on a 29 and without any stretching at all they still fit a little on the loose side. i would strongly suggest sizing down at least 2with the rescues. they are not particularly slim so i don't think you will have problems after the waist stretches out a bit.

i am going to bet they'll be too big from the start. im a true 32 and i was able to button up my size 29 rescues with no problem the day i bought them.

i just got my rescues in a 32 i usually wear a 34 or 35 my actual waist is 36 but i have large thighs from playing rugby. i can button up the 32 and wear them snug without a belt but its a little unconfortable in the thighs..i kno the waist strecthes but will the thighs if im not a bike rider like some?

i was told APC rescues are a lil more baggier than New Standards, but are the NS straight leg?

the reason i ask is because when i get up from sitting down, my rescues still have the shape of my knee and then just folds. i soaked them recently have been worn twice but im too lazy to take pics rite now. i do however have pics from mayb 2 weeks before they got soaked:

IMG_2370.jpg

so is the inseem too long? did i get them too big at the waist and didn't compensate enough for the stretching(btw i usually wear 34-34, these are a 32-34 i believe, not sure bout inseem but def. 32 waist)?or are rescues just like that?

i was told APC rescues are a lil more baggier than New Standards, but are the NS straight leg?

the reason i ask is because when i get up from sitting down, my rescues still have the shape of my knee and then just folds. i soaked them recently have been worn twice but im too lazy to take pics rite now. i do however have pics from mayb 2 weeks before they got soaked:

IMG_2370.jpg

so is the inseem too long? did i get them too big at the waist and didn't compensate enough for the stretching(btw i usually wear 34-34, these are a 32-34 i believe, not sure bout inseem but def. 32 waist)?or are rescues just like that?

If they are tight on you, they will be baggy in the knee regardless, as the denim will stretch there. from the look of the picture, the length is only exaggerating the effect. cuff them more and see how they look, just for reference. as for the waist, you should be good, although some people size down 3 because they apparently stretched a lot. ive had mine for almost a month and they have only stretched maybe .75" to an 1".