APC denim

Geowu

so finally, i got my apc ns just last november. and i was wondering if anyone's facing the same problem as me, that is after wearing the jeans for sometime that im starting to get a pouch like knee area around the jeans.

ive started to add starch on the thigh (and the back part of the knee) however, i still get a pouchy knee area on the jeans. im guessing its because that the part below the knee area is still stiff, and the knee area are loosen up, thats why they kinda drape down, forming a pouch like knee area.

hope you guys could give me some advices. thanks!

That pretty much happens to all dry denim (and all denim in general but not as significantly)...especially if it is a slim cut like the New Standard. If you examine any of the pictures of worn in denim on this forum or anywhere you'll see the knees bagged out. Just something you gotta live with. I think SidneyLo put it best when he said to wear it proudly like a raw denim badge of honor or something like that.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever wonder what shops do with our returned raw denim? Do they just iron them and send it to the next who ordered? Raws being raws will retain some creases right? Since APCs stretch so much, the returned goods may be 'up-sized' too right??

Im hoping to get a fit similiar to this(those are PBJs though)

i did some measurements so i hope it helps

waist: 29.5 ( 2 inches down from bottom of belly button)

biggest part of calves : 13.1 inches

Thighs : 17.5 inches ( i measured the middle of the thighs )

If 28 is actually too big i can still change the size so quick!

monday002.jpg

i want to same fit as the picture above with NS;

but my waist is: 30'

thighs: 19 -20'

calf: 15'

what size should i get?

That pretty much happens to all dry denim (and all denim in general but not as significantly)...especially if it is a slim cut like the New Standard. If you examine any of the pictures of worn in denim on this forum or anywhere you'll see the knees bagged out. Just something you gotta live with. I think SidneyLo put it best when he said to wear it proudly like a raw denim badge of honor or something like that.

Thats what I thought too, however, Ive seen pics of other dry denims, (such as the dior 17cm ones, cheap monday that are much tighter than the apc ns, similar to apc new cure) in beat up condition, but their jeans dont drape and form a pouch like knee as much as mine:(

so does that mean if i bought a apc new cure, im gonna get a really tight fitting jeans but with a baggy, pouch like knee?

because from the side, when i look from the mirror, it looks like i have a broken, demented knee caps!:eek:

Thats what I thought too, however, Ive seen pics of other dry denims, (such as the dior 17cm ones, cheap monday that are much tighter than the apc ns, similar to apc new cure) in beat up condition, but their jeans dont drape and form a pouch like knee as much as mine:(

so does that mean if i bought a apc new cure, im gonna get a really tight fitting jeans but with a baggy, pouch like knee?

because from the side, when i look from the mirror, it looks like i have a broken, demented knee caps!:eek:

It depends on the different kinds of denim used too. APC denim just happens to stretch alot. How skinny ot not-so-skinny your legs are also factor into the stretching. A person with stick legs isnt going to have the knees bagged out as much as another guy with gnarly running legs especially with a slim cut pair of jeans. Most people don't notice anyway (in my experience anyway.)

Can anyone explain the difference between the cures and the new cures? Rise? Taper? Thigh narrowness?

They fit really well. How much did you size down? You have a suprising amount of stacking going on, are you under 5'10? Looks good though. Maybe slouching them a tiny bit would make them look a bit different. They just look uncomfortable in the crotch/ass to me. I'm thinking of some cures, just because i don't feel like sagging NS.

They fit really well. How much did you size down? You have a suprising amount of stacking going on, are you under 5'10? Looks good though. Maybe slouching them a tiny bit would make them look a bit different. They just look uncomfortable in the crotch/ass to me. I'm thinking of some cures, just because i don't feel like sagging NS.

im 5'11..and i actually went true to my size..i really love how they stack..it makes me think of dior's a lil bit that i really wish i had..haha..in the crotch area they are a lil tight still but hopefully theyll break in nicely...i was scared that if i got the NS that they would stretch out to much n get to baggy..not the fit i like really either..

Test, i dont really know my real size in jeans. But you can look at the previous page for measurements of my body. i would say im a 28-29. Im still pretty confused with APC sizing. I MAY actually change my order to a 27. I tried on 26s and i felt it was pretty ok. However not sure how the hem is. Trying to find hem measurements for a 26, if it is too small...ill change it to a 27

okay guys, tough call here for me, i just tried on some standards that i bought off alleytroop, they are size 28, can barely button the top button when wearing them way up on my actual waist

i'm going to sell these, and try and get some new standards in 28 (because i wear slim jims in a 30, and those have a bit of room, and the concensus seems to be to size down two in new standards)

will the NS jeans fit better than the S jeans? or will they still be too tight despite the lower rise?

okay guys, tough call here for me, i just tried on some standards that i bought off alleytroop, they are size 28, can barely button the top button when wearing them way up on my actual waist

i'm going to sell these, and try and get some new standards in 28 (because i wear slim jims in a 30, and those have a bit of room, and the concensus seems to be to size down two in new standards)

will the NS jeans fit better than the S jeans? or will they still be too tight despite the lower rise?

if you can button them all, that means it'll stretch to fit. same thing with my NS in 28 and now (3-4 days later) they're much better