APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sized down 2 from my nudies size which ended up being 3 sizes down overall. Overall, it's your decision, just giving you what info i have.

is the apc new standard a similar fit to the imperial dukes? and which is baggier?

nooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's not

ns stretches a lot more than the dukes and imo ns is baggier than dukes (before & after stretch)

but then again they both aren't baggy

:confused: you must be looking for the wrong cuts homie

Two quick questions (sry if they've been answered before, spare me please);

(1) I'm running a 34 x 34 in LVC '47 501xx's. What size should I purchase If I'm buying a pair of APC New Standards..?

(2) Also, how do the New Standards fit compare to the LVC 47s..?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Carlos

Two quick questions (sry if they've been answered before, spare me please);

(1) I'm running a 34 x 34 in LVC '47 501xx's. What size should I purchase If I'm buying a pair of APC New Standards..?

(2) Also, how do the New Standards fit compare to the LVC 47s..?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Carlos

Carlos welcome to superfuture. I have both LVC 47 501 size 34x34 and APC NS, so here are my thoughts:

(1) the waist on APC NS usually measure ~2" larger than tag size, and these do stretch a lot. I got a size 32, thighs might fit a little slim at first but will loosen up to a great fit. go down to size 31 if u want an even slimmer fit. my size 32 have a ~35" waist now.

(2) apc ns tapers 2" from knee to opening (18" knee, 16" opening on my size 32). lvc 47 501 is more straight legged. APC also has a longer inseam, about 36-37", so i hemmed mine.

unlike Levi's, there is no need to soak the APC NS when u get them, just wear them raw and they feel great.

Carlos welcome to superfuture. I have both LVC 47 501 size 34x34 and APC NS, so here are my thoughts:

(1) the waist on APC NS usually measure ~2" larger than tag size, and these do stretch a lot. I got a size 32, thighs might fit a little slim at first but will loosen up to a great fit. go down to size 31 if u want an even slimmer fit. my size 32 have a ~35" waist now.

(2) apc ns tapers 2" from knee to opening (18" knee, 16" opening on my size 32). lvc 47 501 is more straight legged. APC also has a longer inseam, about 36-37", so i hemmed mine.

unlike Levi's, there is no need to soak the APC NS when u get them, just wear them raw and they feel great.

Thank you and I look forward to posting on Superfuture.

Ok, thanks for the help and you've lifted a lot of weight off of my shoulders. Now its time to purchase a pair and watch them flourish.

Normally I'm a 30/31 in Diesel, 31/32 in everything else, but my APC's are a size 33 and fit tight. I don't know if mine are old or their sizing has changed recently or what? Either way, I just bought a pair of Grey APC Standards off of ebay, they were way too baggy so I had them made into skinny jeans (modeled after Diesel Thanaz) and they're awesome now.

Ordered a pair of New Standards yesterday, and suprisingly showed up today..

Anyway, I know they stretch a lot, I got 27's, and am usually a 30

These are almost painfully tight in the waist, but perfect in the legs...how long does the waist take to stretch usually?

Thanks

Ordered a pair of New Standards yesterday, and suprisingly showed up today..

Anyway, I know they stretch a lot, I got 27's, and am usually a 30

These are almost painfully tight in the waist, but perfect in the legs...how long does the waist take to stretch usually?

Thanks

Tough it out a few days. We are similar in waist, but I purchased a 28.

And with the stretch lets just say

Regret..regret...regret...

Painfully tight = you got em to button. Therefore, your good to go.

i have been wearing my a.p.c. new cures for the last few days and i sized down 2 sizes to a 28. it's nice to see raw denim makers turn out super slim jeans that i won't have to tailor. i used to strictly wear levis and then tailor them super tight. this denim is much better and the cut leaves nothing to be desired. i can't wait to see the breaking in process of this pair.

For hipsters, i'd just follow the same rules. Size down 2 for slim, 1 for more relaxed.

Forgive me for not reading through this whole thread, but come on it's 100 pages.

I just got my APC New Cure size 28 from denim bar, and they're too fucking tight! I measure the waist at a true 14", which is just too small. For some reason I thought they actually ran a little bigger. Oh well! I'm thinking I need to order a 29 or 30, but here is my question: I can't even pull the size 28 up all the way because my thighs are kind of big. These jeans fit how i want them to, and I assume that once they stretch out it won't look REALLY REALLY tight in the leg, but i just want to be able to pull them up to my waist to break them in. Will a size 29 or 30 possibly have a large enough leg to accomidate this?