APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Yes they will stretch out more. Bike in them for an hour or so if you want to speed it up.

with the NS, i dont really want to shrink them at all, maybe just the length, but is it still a good idea to soak them before wearing them? if so how long? cold water i would imagine...??

they're sanforized, they wont shrink any noticable amount

and they will stretch, they will stretch more than you want by the end, but yeah, just hold out for a few more days and they'll feel fine

big man on campus: im at around 3 days too and the thighs on mine were pretty much how tight they are on you. i slept in them for a night and they seem to be better now

thanks for the reference.. its easier to relate to you since we have close to the same weight and build.. everyone else here is either under 6 feet or weigh less than 170 so i cant relate to them

lol niggas are sleepin in their jeans now, fuck kinda shit is that

i bought the apc new standards in size 27 and they already stretched to a 28 in 4 days

question is though, to get the whiskers and honeycombs, do you have to wear the jeans in the same place everytime? one day you can sag and the next day you can wear them regular, or would that defeat the creasing?

Basically the amount of stretch is directly related to the amount of tightness. The denim will loosen in all the places where it's super tight to begin with. If it's loose all over when you first get them, they wont stretch at all. :)

His quesiton is valid though because look at julian red. People say they barely stretch. Given what people say though, the weave on these do allow stretching. I am wondering whether to order 29's or 30's. I am 33" 2 inches below the navel and that's where i want to wear the jeans. I don't plan on wearing them really low. Besides, if i ever do i can just sag them down and get an extra inch of stretch. I'm just hoping the thighs won't be too tight. They looked painted on in Louis's post on page 51 but his thighs are 2 inches bigger in circumference.

Are all the APC indigo denim have the same color? Because on their website, they looks a little different, but from contextclothing, they looked the same. I really like my new standard but I only ordered 1 size up so its not as slim as it intended to be and I warm soaked it, so it lost the starch look. Anyways I am planning to order another pair of APC but looking for something really similar to NS, which from my search on forum its old cure right?

Guest tehlol
if i may ask wats ur height and size? got any pix. wanting to get some but dont wanna get em too tight on my legs

i'm 5'10" about 135. i'm pretty skinny, the tightness was all in the waist, i couldn't button them at first, but they're to a good fit now, they're kinda tight in the ass area though, hoping they'll stretch lol. but the legs for me are a ++

lol niggas are sleepin in their jeans now, fuck kinda shit is that

i bought the apc new standards in size 27 and they already stretched to a 28 in 4 days

question is though, to get the whiskers and honeycombs, do you have to wear the jeans in the same place everytime? one day you can sag and the next day you can wear them regular, or would that defeat the creasing?

well for my pair, i just wore them normally for the first couple of months cause the waist was still a bit tight so i couldnt really sag them yet. After a couple of months, the creases will be set and you can sag them if you want and it should still crease at the same spots. well thats the situation for me.

Eyeing a pair of new standards size 28. I'm a 30" waist. I am starting to really fear that this will be enormous after a little bit, but I did read one reply in here that said that after a wash they did shrink back to just under 30" so that's comforting (though I don't want to have to be washing these often just to shrink them back).

If I'm limiting my day-to-day activity in these things to just walking around and sitting, isn't it reasonable to think that they shouldn't stretch that much past my natural waist size? It seems absurd to think that if my waist is only 30" that these things could magically stretch to 32". Where would they get those extra 2 inches from?

Eyeing a pair of new standards size 28. I'm a 30" waist. I am starting to really fear that this will be enormous after a little bit, but I did read one reply in here that said that after a wash they did shrink back to just under 30" so that's comforting (though I don't want to have to be washing these often just to shrink them back).

If I'm limiting my day-to-day activity in these things to just walking around and sitting, isn't it reasonable to think that they shouldn't stretch that much past my natural waist size? It seems absurd to think that if my waist is only 30" that these things could magically stretch to 32". Where would they get those extra 2 inches from?

hey, if youre a big guy, sizing 2 sizes is good enough if you size 3 down they will be too tight. those who can pull off 3 sizes are the really skinny dudes. i bought my ns recently and it already stretched from 30-32 in 5-6 days of limited wear.

OK. so similar situation you guys ahve prob all heard. i haven't posted before but 'ive been reading around for quite some time now.

i just bought apc new standards size 28. that should be OKAy considering i'm about a true 30/31ish....hopefully?

now what should i do when i get them? i want to try and get the inseams to shrink a bit since i'm only 5'6, but i dont know yet the 34" inseam might look nice. if i want to shrink a bit, i know its sanforized so i'll only get a little shrinkage, but hot water or cold water?

Thanks. and i'll post pics when i get them and report on how they progress

they will definatley stretch past your waist size. my size 32's now have a 36 inch waist, even though i am a true 33/34. they will stretch whether you like it or not, simply from the movements of your body and even when you're sitting. theres nothing too magical about it, it's their denim. i've washed mine and they went back down to original size, but stretched back out to 36" within hours. dont worry about it and wear a cool belt.

OK. so similar situation you guys ahve prob all heard. i haven't posted before but 'ive been reading around for quite some time now.

i just bought apc new standards size 28. that should be OKAy considering i'm about a true 30/31ish....hopefully?

now what should i do when i get them? i want to try and get the inseams to shrink a bit since i'm only 5'6, but i dont know yet the 34" inseam might look nice. if i want to shrink a bit, i know its sanforized so i'll only get a little shrinkage, but hot water or cold water?

the inseams really wont shrink much, i'd say embrace the inseam length and let it stack- give them room to form creases. if you truly cant deal with the length, then cuff or hem them.

If you hot soak them, and hang dry, you'll probably lose a half inch to inch of the inseam even though they're sanforized. ALL jeans shrink a tiny bit in the inseam even the mall brands or sanforized raw denim. It just happens. But see how they look initially and you might want to hem them a bit. You'll want them to be at least 2 inches more than your normal inseam for a little bit of stacking because that's how they're meant to be worn. Don't listen to people who say the longer the better because a lot of people around here would look much better in their jeans if were hemmed just a little bit. Just see how they are when you get them and hot soak them(i know they're fucking sanforized but jeans still shrink in the inseam even if it's only a half inch) and then since you're pretty short, you might want to hem them 2 inches. Most all APCs come in 34-35inseam now instead of the 36-37 of the past so it might not be too bad since i assume you're a 30 inseam and if your jeans measure 34inseam and shrink half an inch to an inch after a hot soak, it might work out well or maybe hem it to 32-33inseam.

Check out my APC jeans.. Been wearing for about a month now... Any comments are welcome.

Wow...you're a lot harder on your jeans than I am! I've been wearing mine for about the same amount of time and mine have no fading whatsoever...do you wear them to a physical-labour related job everyday??? :confused: