APC denim

Geowu

Guest tehlol
im looking into a pair of apc new standards. and im debating if i should get a 25 or 26. i usually wear 28 or 29 in levis. so could some school me on apc's. ive been reading but 135 pages is too much. and i was debating if i should get the new standards or the hipsters.

if this helps im 5' 4'' and weigh about 125.

i would go with 25. I went with 25 and i'm 5'10" 138ish. then again i'm super skinny=( and they're my tightest jeans in the thigh/waist area. but they're good stuff, and they're already stretching out a lot. i think 'im gonna post pics soon. i wear them a lot and they fade waay fast!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would go with 25. I went with 25 and i'm 5'10" 138ish. then again i'm super skinny=( and they're my tightest jeans in the thigh/waist area. but they're good stuff, and they're already stretching out a lot. i think 'im gonna post pics soon. i wear them a lot and they fade waay fast!

Remember his proportions are going to be a lot different at 5'4". I am almost your exact same size and right now I wear size 27 new cures that got big in the waist but fit perfect everywhere else. I'd be very curious to see how your New Standards fit, I have been thinking about picking up a pair but have not stopped by a store yet.

This is somewhat off the APC topic but could anyone recommend some alternatives to APC's that dont stretch as much but with the same look? I have almost no ass and a lot of other jeans along with APC's tend to just fall off and be saggy in the waist but slimmer then I like elsewhere.

how is this possible? i weigh 10lbs less than you and can barely button my 26s??

the low-rise of the hipsters might be good for your size but i would at all costs find a way to try them on first. I mean you are investing in clothing you want to wear every day and not get sick of in the long run. I think the new standards would be the safe choice though.

cant really help with the sizing but you should mention which Levi's you are talking about, there is a big difference in size for each cut.

my levis that i wear are usually 514's and 511's. would you recomend a 25 or 26

apcns.jpg

APC NS sz27

5' 6"

135lbs

Waist 30/31

It is somewhat tight in the thigh/seat area right now, but I'm assuming they stretch to a good fit after a couple wears as per this thread. BTW, I wear 28/29 in Acne, 26 in RRL, 30 in Levis.

HTH

Wow, I just ended up reading 138 pages of denim craziness. Complete rook prior. Now I'm sizing down, soaking, sleeping in my jeans then taking them swimming. I'll then do a spirit dance around them and do the second soak.

Seriously though, thanks all for all the advice...

how is this possible? i weigh 10lbs less than you and can barely button my 26s??

yeah, I want to see pics too. I am a half inch taller and a few lbs lighter and I wear size 27 new cures. they are tight but before i hot washed them the waist was about 2 sizes too big. now they are pretty snug eveywhere but i would much rather have a more straight leg type fit with tight waist and silhouette that profiles my lower legs rather then hugs them.

hi guys, I am new to apc jeans.

I love new standard when i first saw it in the web site. However, when i saw people post theirs out here...they look loose at the leg. Why is it so?

And what other models should I choose to have a slimmer cutting? What's the difference between cure jeans and new cure jeans in the official APC site?

Thanks for replying!

that's because they decided to size it up.

new standards are very versatile, as they say, you can wear it in almost any style.

a bit like levis 501 but i would say more broad in possible styles.

so what's the difference between new cure jeans and cure jeans? are they recommended?

People's legs look loose in new standards because they're not a super slim cut after the stretch. People size down 2-3 on apcs and a few weeks later it's a bit loose on them. Also, a lot of people are wearing the inseam longer than they should as a lot of people are under 5'10" and it bunches up and makes the calf/hem area look bigger.

If you want a jean that will be slimmer after stretching go for the new cure or cure. It's the same denim on the new standards just a slimmer cut with the new cure being the slimmest. They'll stretch out like the new standards it's just it's a slimmer cut to begin with so they'll stay a bit slimmer. I'd say size down 1 on the new cure for a slim fit, 2 for a tight fit. Don't worry if it looks a bit too slim at first as it'll definitely stretch. The new standards are just supposed to be relatively slim, not skinny or anything (compared to the jeans people on the forums talk about)

just got a pair of new standards a few days ago. went down 2 sizes, and the waist is relaxing nicely so far. problem is, i wish they were a little more snug in the thighs. right now theyre at the max looseness i can accept in the thighs, and im worried about them stretching out more.

any tips to shrink in the thighs w/out making the waist tighter? i dont think going down another size would be good, since i wouldnt want the bottom openings to be any smaller than they already are.

People's legs look loose in new standards because they're not a super slim cut after the stretch. People size down 2-3 on apcs and a few weeks later it's a bit loose on them. Also, a lot of people are wearing the inseam longer than they should as a lot of people are under 5'10" and it bunches up and makes the calf/hem area look bigger.

If you want a jean that will be slimmer after stretching go for the new cure or cure. It's the same denim on the new standards just a slimmer cut with the new cure being the slimmest. They'll stretch out like the new standards it's just it's a slimmer cut to begin with so they'll stay a bit slimmer. I'd say size down 1 on the new cure for a slim fit, 2 for a tight fit. Don't worry if it looks a bit too slim at first as it'll definitely stretch. The new standards are just supposed to be relatively slim, not skinny or anything (compared to the jeans people on the forums talk about)

thanks a lot. then i had better get a new cure sizing down 1...not going to wear tight fit

What should i pick if i size 32 in levis? 31?

If your 32 levis are snug around your waist, then yes get 31. It depends because judging by your post count(no offense), most guys not on this forum buy their jeans a size up from their waist size because it's more comfortable. I'd say try on a pair of levis at the mall and pick the size that is actuallysnug on your waist, and then size down 1 from that for your new cure size. You'd probably be safe with a size 31 on new cures though.

Not many people actually all the differences measurement wise between the old and new cures though. They look in between the NS and NC, but i have yet to see same size measurement comparisons. I'd be interested in the precise difference with evidence.