APC denim

Geowu

Well I got my NewStandards in the mail today, I ordered a size 32 (normally a 34 in levis) and god those things were tight, I'm actually sending them back for a 33 (if it will make alittle difference) because they were just too much it looked like I was actually wearing girl pants (I have big thighs and such) and my mom was like wtf is this lol. I know they would stretch out but I don't think I could deal waiting for them to stretch. Do you guys think the 33 will make much difference or should I get a 34?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you think I should get a 33? Because I want my jeans to be slim, not skin tight, and from what I've seen they don't stretch too much in the thighs. The 32 was just too tight, pretty sure they still wouldn't have looked good even after stretching.

Well I got my NewStandards in the mail today, I ordered a size 32 (normally a 34 in levis) and god those things were tight, I'm actually sending them back for a 33 (if it will make alittle difference) because they were just too much it looked like I was actually wearing girl pants (I have big thighs and such) and my mom was like wtf is this lol. I know they would stretch out but I don't think I could deal waiting for them to stretch. Do you guys think the 33 will make much difference or should I get a 34?

im in the same boat as you im normally a 28 so i got my new standards in a 26 and they are still super tight, even after about 10 wears plus about 10 wears around my house they are still way to tight so im thinking im gonna trade them for a 27

APC isn't hyped. LVC's are more hyped amongst people versus APC's. APC's are really only known amongst us denim junky's and some sneaker fanatics. But overall they don't fall in the category of hype.

APC isn't hyped. LVC's are more hyped amongst people versus APC's. APC's are really only known amongst us denim junky's and some sneaker fanatics. But overall they don't fall in the category of hype.

Agreed to that

I'm about to wash my new standards. It has been 8 months of wearing and now that summers coming up, i dont want them to reek. Problem is that the inseam is perfectly fine for me and any more shrinkage would make my jeans too short. After the first wash, how much would the inseam shrink down to? also, would it stretch back out? Im hoping the waist will also stretch back to its normaled post-stretched size.

if you can button with relative ease, size down.

i know its uncomfortable in the beginning, but many of you are saying "its been a week and still tight". However, trust me when i saw it WILL stretch out a lot and you'll regret not sizing down when you have a pair of baggy jeans. Basically, whereever the jean is fitting tight on you is where it will stretch out; it just takes some time.

i've had my pair of new standards for almost two weeks now. i've worn them to go out at night, and have actually played ball in them a few times. aside from the yeast infection i've gotten from wearing them, they seem to be coming along quite nicely.

don't hold anything back when you're breaking them in, people.

thanks for the input guys. the only reason i'm asking is because i sized down to 27 (even though i am a 30/31 waist) for fear of excessive bagginess. though in retrospect, a 28 may be better suited for me. btw i want my new standards to fit like this

i think ive finally turned a corner with my new standards. im normally a 28 waist so i got a 26 in the NS but they were so tight and even after 10+ wears they were still very uncomfortable but this weekend they all of sudden felt a lot better. the thighs feel better, still got a ways to go, still tight at the waist and on my junk but im finally starting to feel progress after about 15 wears

After the first wash, how much would the inseam shrink down to? also, would it stretch back out? Im hoping the waist will also stretch back to its normaled post-stretched size.

APC denim is sanforized so you can expect minimal shrinkage. They will shrink back to their original size and quickly stretch back out. It may be a good idea to stretch the inseams while they are still wet after washing.