APC denim

Geowu

Two questions:

First, What's the difference between the Cures and the New Cures. I had some Cures(i dont think they were the new ones) about a year and a half ago and I didn't know about sizing down, I got my size(32) and the stretched like crazy. I bought some New Cures a few months ago and sized down two size to a 30 and they are still super super tight, which leades me to my next question.....

....does anyone have any photos of them wearing New Standards tight? or sized down 2 sizes at least...I was thinking of trying that.

Thanks!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so cold water or hot water and how long??? 30mins?? i just want the thighs/leg more smaller, waist and length is good

and then wear til dry

They will not shrink noticeably neither after a soak nor a wash. What size are you in other jeans and what size did you get in Rescues?

Question about womens APC jean fit. on the apc website the womens HIPSTER jean is supposed to be a 2cm lower rise NS. I have never seen these in the store. i have seen the mens hipsters, which were just a bootcut jean i dont believe they make anymore. the only thing i dont like on the mens NS is the semi high rise, so this would solve it. anyone try on/know anything about these? thanks

For reference, I have the vintage washed Cures, size 26.

They feel really similar to Dior 19cm size 28, of course with the APC's having a slightly lower rise up front/much lower rise in the back.

Where I wear my jeans (low'ish) I'm about 31.5" around, and my jeans normally stretch to 32" or a little more with wear.

to shrink it and not lose much color fade,

would it be using cold water or hot water?? and whats a good time to leave it soaking

they will not shrink very much. apc jeans are sanforized so you may lose some length but not much else. try to get a smaller size.

Question about womens APC jean fit. on the apc website the womens HIPSTER jean is supposed to be a 2cm lower rise NS. I have never seen these in the store. i have seen the mens hipsters, which were just a bootcut jean i dont believe they make anymore. the only thing i dont like on the mens NS is the semi high rise, so this would solve it. anyone try on/know anything about these? thanks

I saw them in the NY store this past saturday

i've read through almost every page and it seems that these really stretch out a ton. im thinking of getting the apc new cures and tapering them. i know i should wear them around the house and stretch them out before tapering. what im scared is even after i taper after they stretch, they stretch more. any advice on this?

i've read through almost every page and it seems that these really stretch out a ton. im thinking of getting the apc new cures and tapering them. i know i should wear them around the house and stretch them out before tapering. what im scared is even after i taper after they stretch, they stretch more. any advice on this?

You're gonna fucking taper the new cures? How small are you? They're pretty fucking skinny, man. Size down 2 and you will have to work your way into them and they're tight. I forget what the original hem is, and don't know what you're gonna taper them to, but if you really want to, they dont' shrink or change that drastically so you can taper them.

hey vampire dont worry. Its because APC was shifting their warehouse and denimbar didn't get stock for a long time. I think they just received a new shipment last week. Apparently now they emailed me they are having some problems finding my payment information. Probably due to the long time between the day i paid and them trying to ship it to me now. I sent them the paypal receipt. Hope everything goes alright.

You're gonna fucking taper the new cures? How small are you? They're pretty fucking skinny, man. Size down 2 and you will have to work your way into them and they're tight. I forget what the original hem is, and don't know what you're gonna taper them to, but if you really want to, they dont' shrink or change that drastically so you can taper them.

That's what I was thinking.

think about what causes the denim to stretch.

the area below the knee's do not stretch, and if they do it's VERY minimal. stretch only happens at the knees and up. so if by tapering you mean making the entire leg smaller, then you shouldn't have a problem.

think about what causes the denim to stretch.

the area below the knee's do not stretch, and if they do it's VERY minimal. stretch only happens at the knees and up. so if by tapering you mean making the entire leg smaller, then you shouldn't have a problem.

so the thighs do stretch alot. when you guys size down 2, do the area around the thighs stretch to a comfortable fit(not skin tight but it still kind of clings on a little bit) or do they stretch to a looser fit?

Basically the amount of stretch is directly related to the amount of tightness. The denim will loosen in all the places where it's super tight to begin with. If it's loose all over when you first get them, they wont stretch at all. :)

The new cures are cut narrower than the new standards. They won't stretch to the point new standards do. The taper is only 1" instead of 2" on the new standard because the hem is already 3" smaller than the new standard to begin with i believe. I'd buy the new cures 2 sizes down and then decide if you want to hem them. Buy them, post pictures and ask for advice on this thread, then we'll help you. It's hard to help you hypothetically now.