APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my NS in the mail today...to my dismay they were not the fit I was looking for. I should have chosen to size down to a 29 at least ( usually I wear a size 32). These are size 31. I am 5' 8" and 145 lbs.

The cut on Nudies seem to fit my fancy much better.

Here are some pics for reference and help to anyone else wondering what size they should get.

O yea, these are for sale...check the marketplace in about 10 min.

P1010112.jpg

P1010116.jpg

I think people are too worried about "superfuture" tight fit on the NS. They are not skinny jeans, people. 2-3 sizes down will be tight at first but stretch to slim to relaxed fit jeans after a week. 1 size down is basically buying the jeans a size too big. 2-3 sizes down is almost neccessary considering how much they're vanity sized and stretch.

To the above poster: I'm a 32 as well and i tried on a pair of 30s and 29s at barneys awhile back. The 30s fit snug, but i was able to button them easily and i could tell they'd stretch too much. The 29s were harder to button up but i was still able to button them up and i could tell they'd stretch out quickly. The rise is also relatively high so sizing down is less of an issue as well.

^^^ I was definitely afraid of them being supertight and as you stated...these basically fit like a size 33 right now and will eventually become even more loose. I think im just sticking with the nudie cut that I like.

want to buy a pair of 29 :) ?

is there any difference between the "Original Standard" and the "Standard"? Mauro says he carries both, which confuses me to no end :confused:

and how do they relate to the New Standard? (higher rise on the Standard, but by how much?)

and if I'm a size 29 in the New Standard, what size should I go for with either of the above?

after looking at equip's fit, i am worried about my NSs that are being shipped. they are a size 30 and i usually wear a size 31. i regret not researching about the fit prior to the order. hopefully contextclothing will sympathize and allow me to exchange even though its a sale item. :(

after looking at equip's fit, i am worried about my NSs that are being shipped. they are a size 30 and i usually wear a size 31. i regret not researching about the fit prior to the order. hopefully contextclothing will sympathize and allow me to exchange even though its a sale item. :(
You might be okay, depending on how you want to wear them. They should measure about 32 across the waistband to start...
^ Never heard of Original Standards, but the difference in rise between the Standards and the NS are: NS: 3 buttons+top; Standard:4 buttons + top
thanks. Anyone know if sizing is the same (other than the waist of course)

If they don't fit and they won't take returns, someone will always buy it on the market

got these in from abstract bM today. Here's pics of how they fit.

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

I'm 5'7" 145 lbs. These are NS size 27. I measured the inseam to be about 33.25." My actual waist measurement (measured 2" below belly button) is 29". I was able to get the jeans buttoned up with no problem. I'm a little worried they will stretch too much, but at the same time, I feel that one more size down and my thighs will pull an Incredible Hulk (I have 21.5" thighs).

^ lol im a 24" at thighs and 5' 10" 175-180lbs and a sz 29-30 on waist but my hips are at a 33 which is usually where i wear these pants. i think the best way for sizing is just to look at someone your height and weight and check out their measurements and compare to yourself. so heres 2 pictures. it was also in the How do jeans fit with pictures thread.

oh yeah and these are a sz 29 they didnt really stretch as much as i thought they would, the waist stretched definately but the legs stayed pretty much the same.

to give you an idea of how much they stretched the waist is now at 34" laid flat 34.5" almost but i like them low so its okay.

w72890234.jpg

w72890144.jpg

Hey foodgoeshere would you mind posting the hem on those 27s? i ordered a pair of 27s form mauro.. but hes out of stock though so its not coming yet. Kinda anxious. my thighs are only 17.5 inches. and my waist is like 29 also. I hope they fit.

i measured 7.5" hem when i laid the jeans flat.

When measuring waist size, should I be measuring the smallest part in my midsection (above the belly button) or my hip area where the jeans actually sit? The thinnest measurement I can get is 28", about 2 inches above my belly button, while I measure around 29.5" where my pants are, about an inch below my belly button. I usually wear size 29/30, but with a belt as it's a bit of a loose fit. I'm looking to get a pair of NS in a slimmer fit than usual. Something like spackadam's fit. Not skintight, but not loose either. I know I should be going down 2" for that kind of fit, but should that be 2 down from the "true waist" or the hip measurement? I'm 5'8" and 115lbs, so quite thin.

When measuring waist size, should I be measuring the smallest part in my midsection (above the belly button) or my hip area where the jeans actually sit? The thinnest measurement I can get is 28", about 2 inches above my belly button, while I measure around 29.5" where my pants are, about an inch below my belly button. I usually wear size 29/30, but with a belt as it's a bit of a loose fit. I'm looking to get a pair of NS in a slimmer fit than usual. Something like spackadam's fit. Not skintight, but not loose either. I know I should be going down 2" for that kind of fit, but should that be 2 down from the "true waist" or the hip measurement? I'm 5'8" and 115lbs, so quite thin.

well the easier question would be where do you live? I bought mine in the APC store in the city, I think they helped me out tremendously....that being said, I remeasured, and found that two inches above my belly button is about 25" and the waist is like 29" - 26.5" depending on the time of day...haha. Basically I would buy a pair of 27s or 28. BUT!!!!!! buy it direct from the store (online) because they will allow you to return the jeans if they dont fit properly within a week (at least the real store did...I would assume the same would be true for the online store)