Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know what? the denim is really vertically streaky and has a greenish cast. sound familiar? could be pbj's answer to the eternal 811.

but the 811s don't have a greenish cast...do they? mine look deeply indigo to me, but that's cos they're unworn.

i don't know any other context where you could say "deeply indigo" without getting a strange look... :)

here's some scoop:

yarns are dyed black before weave...no indigo will be used. As Yuji from BiG says "it is 100% pure black."

Stitching will be same color as those on xx005 indigo.

There's a possibility the buttons and rivet may be black. I'm sure your opinions on this matter to Mr. Pure Blue.

Once plans are finalized it will take 2 weeks to make...which is ultra fast IMO.

So can we expect these to fade like indigo jeans, or no?

that doesn't say anything about how they will fade.

they are most probably rope dyed, which is what you want since it leaves the core white, but just rope dyeing alone won't mean that they'll fade (well).

What you want is the threads to have as big of a white core as possible. The reason why the black Samurai's will fade is that they have been dyed in a way that leaves a big part of the threads white.

Still, the black Samurais take longer time to fade than the indigo dyed jeans, but they will look good eventually.

"NOTHING WILL FADE LIKE INDIGO"

i believe it is bill clinton, along with al gore with spock ears. probably a formerly 'republican-hive-mind' comic.

anyway, more details from BiG's site about the denim:

Detail Updates:

• Warp threads are dyed black prior to weaving.
  • Weft yarns are white as is common with indigo-dyed jeans
  • Fades like a pair of indigo-dyed jeans.

• Topstiching thread is same gold color as on indigo version XX-005
  • Rivet and button colors have yet to be decided.

i think i might preorder a pair, oh my.

Anyone know of a shop like BiG, that stocks Japanese repro, that's located in London? I really want a pair of these PBJs, but I don't wanna risk buying overseas from BiG, even if I can send them back, with the possibility of import taxes etc.

I've tried Harvey Nichols, Liberty, Selfridges etc.; none of them knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Samurai, Sugarcane... :(

Contingency, outside of Japan, BIG is the only place to get Pure Blue Japan. I could be mistaken, but I beliee that's the case.

Take5 in Hong Kong carries PBL's....

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out how they look on someone of a similar build. Does anyone have experience of ordering from BiG from the UK - import taxes etc.? Thanks :)

I've ordered a few pairs from BIG and the service is great ( even when once they sent the wrong size they refunded my return postage ) and they will mark as gift etc so you won't have to pay taxes. Their prices are reasonable too.They will also chainstitch at no extra cost.