Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man these came lightning fast!! Thanks BIG.

Pics as promised...

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

And my favorite parts of the denim....

All black rivets and buttons, very stealthy!

IMG_0992.jpg

Pink selvedge

IMG_0994.jpg

Sorry, some of the pics are a little blurry. I took most of them without flash to try and get the real color in the daylight. The only picture taken with a flash is the one of the button fly.

BTW I bought a size 31 and they measure out 16.5inches in the waist laid flat and 11inches right under the crotch across the thigh. I didn't get any other measurements...sorry.

The color is absolutely beautiful! A nice slub just like the blues (maybe slightly less slubby) and the black rivets and buttons just seal the deal for me. I am very stoked!

they don't need bath right away. they break in easily. 2 days after they look much better. no bath for a month for me. this beast is much different from sammies and sc's. they have a limited edition blues in size 30 in the store for $500 denim on those is beyond, but those blacks are pretty close )))

so if i order a pair from BiG they can hem them for free? Since these would shrink after a wash, I'm thinking of getting a 30 (so a 32" actual that will shrink to 30) ? or should i get a 29 (actual 31)?

and for those that have soaked yours, how much did they shrink in length?

get your true size and they'll fit great after a good soak (alittle big pre-soak). Length is the most notable shrinkage factor as waist and thighs will stretch back out with natural wear if they are a little snug, but nothing short of pulling on the legs while damn will ever make them longer again! I am 6'2'' and mine are just long enough for me post soak. They still bunch a little at the hem, but aren't even really long enough for a good cuff if I were so inclined.

Just picked mine up a couple hours ago. Agree that they seem a little less slubby than the indigos, even pre-soak. Also, the cut seems a little bit looser -- I got a sz 30 and could almost definitely go down to a 29, whereas in blue I couldn't get half the buttons closed on the 29s. After a hot soak these should be perfect though.

Will post pics then - probably tomorrow.

p.s. according to the girl in BiG, they only made 32 pairs of these and all but 9 are sold or spoken for. So if you want a pair, you better move fast.

ok so what's the verdict, get a 30 (32 pre-soak) so it shrinks to the tag or get a 29 (31 pre) so that it shrinks to the tag?

Well, not knowing your waist size or how you wear your jeans, I can't really answer that question. I got one size down from my true waist, but I don't plan to soak mine before wearing. They fit perfectly for me in the thighs and I can wear them low on my hips just how I like to. (my hips are 33)

i have never seen a girl at BIG...

When I went in, a girl helped me there as well. Really nice people over there!

i have never seen a girl at BIG...

Don't know her name, but she's usually there late afternoons on weekdays. Her english sucks but she's a sweetheart.

Whoa, only 32!? I thought there was going to be a lot more than that produced.

I was surprised too. I would've thought that SF'ers alone would snap up that many on pre-order.

Don't know her name, but she's usually there late afternoons on weekdays. Her english sucks but she's a sweetheart.

I second that. Even though she was a bit effusive in her praise when I tried on the PBJ flannel. And yeah, I went home with it. The flannel -- not the girl.

Yea I think SF'ers didn't pre order because everyone thought these were going to be more mass produced. Looks like that's not the case, unless these 32 pairs are just the first shipment and BIG will get some more later on. Either way it makes me happy I broke down and pre ordered!

My latest jean purchase was Cheap Monday regular fit 27x32...the waist for those measured ~ 31.5in. I wear my low. My thighs should fit, they aren't too big, but I do not want them to be tight in the jeans. My thighs are a bit bigger than 22"

So I guess I ask again, to buy 29 tag or a 30 tag?

Get a 30 or 31. My thighs are the same and these are rather tight. Personally I would go for a 30 and soak them and they will probably stretch out in the waist for you to be about 31.5 or so.

sorry this whole thing confuses me...you're saying i should get a 30 tagged/?