Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be ordering a pair in black soon but I have a couple of questions.

If the regular xx-005 is shrink-to-fit, does that mean the black xx-005 is a shrink-to-fit as well? A size 34 actually measures 36 in.

Do you normally wash these first before wearing or wear them for a while then wash.

This pair vs. Dior 21cm raw black?

Thanks!

why are people already hemming them? its says on the site people are prehemming before he ships...

It's $15 to get a pair chainstitched around here and the turn around time is a week so I figured it would be much faster and cheaper to do it through BiG. I asked Gordon to only take off one inch so post soak the inseam should be 32.5 - 33.5", which is great for me because I'm around 5'7-5'8.

people are pre-hemming because:

a) BiG has a vintage union special chainstitcher, which makes the best chainstitch for jeans.

B) pre-hemming before soaking will create a more pronounced "roping-effect" which looks great.

c) it's free to get it done at BiG

and

d) they're really good at it, so you don't have to worry about them messing up.

that being said, i don't hem my pbj's cuz i prefer to have them stack...

BiG has a vintage union special chainstitcher.

that is so funny ))) Gordon himself is doing it. i'm size 34, and 34 fits perfectly on me. i'm not planning on soaking untill they stretch

i'm not a jeans guy by far, but i got to admit this is a great product. pbj's all the way

just saw Gordon lastnight and he was at BIG hemming the Pure Blues til 11pm.... madd dedicated! anyways I picked mine up & I'm wearing them now. I'm a true waist 30. & sized up to a 31 for the indigo under the advice of Miz. for this pair I wanted them to be more snug and went for the 30's. they're mos def tighter in the thighs... but that's what I wanted. In terms of texture the blue indigos were much more rough/bumpy/slubby, then the blacks... pics to follow when I get a chance.

No I didn't see the 006, I was trying to focus on my Blk's and not be distracted by anything else in the store. The temptation is too great and I really need to work on my contest jeans... But of course Gordon had to show me the Oni's natural indigo's which almost made me die!

i was only referring to the example b/c you mentioned the blacks are less slubby. i was talking to gordon about how the typical vintage fade isn't like slubby fades, apparantly people have been coming in and saying how they didn't like how the slubby jeans faded. So with it being less faded, the blacks will fade like more traditional jeans...ie. the 006's

only time will tell I guess... but being less slubby, I think there's a better chance of more of a traditional fade on these blk's.

I'm gonna try mine without soaking if they're not too big. I sized down to a 31, so I might need to soak, but we'll see.

I would get these over the diors personally. I think these have more character to them. Plus they are cheaper.

I just ordered a pair in size 31 aswell from 2000db(he hasn't ordered them yet though)

Could you post measurement of the waist and thigh before wash(after wash too if you decide to do that)?

I'm not at all sure about the size. I'm just afraid that they will be too tight. Don't want the skintight look.

Yea, no problem, they should be here by Thursday mid day hopefully.

I tried on the 32 006 while I was there to get a feel for the waist and it was absolutely huge! So we thought a 31 might be the right size for me. I'll post some pics and measurements when I get 'em.

Yea, no problem, they should be here by Thursday mid day hopefully.

I tried on the 32 006 while I was there to get a feel for the waist and it was absolutely huge! So we thought a 31 might be the right size for me. I'll post some pics and measurements when I get 'em.

Ok thanks. I was considering a size 32 as well, but opted for a 31. My normal waist size is 30-31. Only considered to size up as everybody said how slim they were.

Ok thanks. I was considering a size 32 as well, but opted for a 31. My normal waist size is 30-31. Only considered to size up as everybody said how slim they were.

The 006 is actually a more relaxed fit, so if you like it slimmer, size down and soak it to death. Then it'll stretch out again, and you'll have to soak it again. But it's fun!