Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to BiG today to try on my pair and they didnt fit (too small) which is a SHAME cuz I love the cut. So now I have $237 plus tax in store credit. The owner said he's getting in more samurai bootcuts so I may try one of those. It would SUCK if I ended up not being able to buy anything in there - I tried on like 7 different jeans and either the fit sucked or they were too small :(

for those of you that might be concerned about sizing, here are some approximate measurements:

pre-soak:

waist 32",

front rise 10",

back rise 14",

upper thigh 21.6",

knee 16.25",

hem 16.5",

inseam 35" (Gordon took off one inch for me, so originally 36")

post- 3hr warm soak:

waist 29.8",

front rise 9.5",

back rise 13.5",

upper thigh 21.5",

knee 15.8",

hem 16",

inseam 33.5"

i will try to post some fit pictures later today or sometime tomorrow :)

If they are too small... u could always size up

I got a 36 - biggest size they come in. It was SO close too like a little more room in the hips and waist and it would have worked but as is I couldnt do up any of the buttons.

The 004s are the bootcut ones right? The largest size gordon has in stock rite now is like 29 or something so no go there either. He's going to check up on some samurai bootcuts for me and he said he's expecting like 300 pairs of jeans to come in over the next 2 weeks so he's going to hold some big sizes for me...

I never had that problem with my XX-005s (insert small dick joke here_____)

Mine do that too, but if I pull them down a bit towards my hips it will help out with the cock-bulge-syndrome.
yeah, they have a pretty fitted seat too so they look okay when they're sagged.

they look very nice! emaze, is that the chainstitch job done by BIG? is that the union special? thats the same kind they use at hinoya

Gordon did the hem... he does an amazing job using the Union Special.... he did my sammy contest jeans too....

damn. i think i got my pair too small. pre-soak, they fit just a little bigger than i want post-soak. is there any hope for me?

i honestly didn't notice that much shrinkage in the thigh area so you should be fine. if you're really worried about shrinkage, though, you can always cold soak or even soak the jeans while you're wearing them. also, there should be some stretching after regular wear...

• 4 weeks later...

did u get these from supermarket recently? I might be interested if you havent soaked em yet if you wnat to sell, i could fit a 31 one wash so a 30 raw would be fine i guess......

if your determined an want to keep em just cut a piece of wood 16" across and button them up around it before the soak, thats what I did with my 29 sammies. The wood will expand slightly if anything while the denim wants to shrink, worked for me.

No, I got 'em from the online shop. I am a 30". I'm 5'10" 160 lbs and in pretty good shape. I bought them in a size 30" ( which I am) and when I put them on they definitely did not feel like they were 32" before soak/wash as the sizing chart stated. It's been a few hours though and they've stretched out a bit more so I'm feeling confident that I made the right purchase now. Maybe I could lose 5 lbs.