Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

no, don't know anything about them. but i do know that i'm gonna get them ;)

i have a hunch that they are not overdyed. i'm thinking they'll be like the regular xx-005 denim but with black instead of indigo.

luckily, gordon let me return my unworn, unsoaked, unhemmed 5000BK's. so those are the ones that he's got the lottery for.

I was the one who actually won those, but im in love with my regular xx005 so im not sure if i should wait it out for the new black ones or stick with the sammies. What do you guys think?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

dammit superfuture hype + superdenim hive mind is forcing me to assimilate. I am now planning a trip to NYC in spring just to buy these sucker. I hate you guys!

u can get them online.

So far, on denim over 100 bucks, I have to try 'em on. Plus, seriously I love traveling.

Might be quite a boring contest, may not get much of a result for black denim in a year.

Hmmm, you're probably right, the holy grail of black denim (the samurai xj somethings..) were worn for close to two years so a year might barely make a dent on these or any other black raws. These are 14.5 oz, though, so wouldn't the lower denim weight make them a little bit easier to break in than the samurai's?

just spoke with someone at the pbj store in harajuku today. the latest info i got is that these are coming out at the end of this month. the hardware (the rivets and the buttons) are going to be black. the stitchings are going to be orange and yellow. and they aren't overdyed nor are they hank-dyed. the core of the thread is white and they are supposed to get a contrasty fade.

Hmmm, you're probably right, the holy grail of black denim (the samurai xj somethings..) were worn for close to two years so a year might barely make a dent on these or any other black raws. These are 14.5 oz, though, so wouldn't the lower denim weight make them a little bit easier to break in than the samurai's?

the weight isnt going to have anything to do with them breaking in.

^^ yeah, it's all about the quality and method of the dying, the color of the weft, and the color of the core of the warp (as mentioned above). fading has nothing to do with denim weight.

Well I am in NY right now and decided to stop by BIG while I was here. While I was there I put my pre order in for the black PBJs but I also got to see a sample of the black denim. Needless to say, it looks and feels amazing! Can't wait to get these at the end of the month.

P.S. BIG store rocks! The people working there were totally nice and helpful and knew everything about denim.

Well I am in NY right now and decided to stop by BIG while I was here. While I was there I put my pre order in for the black PBJs but I also got to see a sample of the black denim. Needless to say, it looks and feels amazing! Can't wait to get these at the end of the month.

P.S. BIG store rocks! The people working there were totally nice and helpful and knew everything about denim.

I have to second that about the store owners - very friendly and helpful! The girl was cute too hehe

I hit the place myself (so that I could score some pho from pho bo luc, actually, and the store is actually practically IN chinatown) to try on some of the 005s and see if they fit. None in my size in stock, but the next size down was so appallingly tight that I'm afraid the one I ordered in black wont fit at all. I may exchange for a pair of 004s bootcuts which I like more anyways.