Pure Blue Japan XX-005 Black

ianpalermo

geez you guys are killing me here! I have a pair of the black 005's and the 006's coming from BIG and I need to pick which I like better and send back the others!

I am really bad at determining fits based off of pictures/measurements, The 006 looks more like a repo fit and the black 005 more modern?

Or maybe ill keep both...:)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really bad at determining fits based off of pictures/measurements, The 006 looks more like a repo fit and the black 005 more modern?

Or maybe ill keep both...:)

Keep 'em both, unless you are not feeling the vintage cut. The 005 is definitely the slimmer lower rise one, thats on par with the trend these days. The 006 is regular straight leg jean, but it's not baggy.

yeah I know Chicken... I had my heart set on the PBL Blk's I love their fit... my sammy contest jeans are at BIG getting chainstitched.

I haven't soaked these either, I was thinking of keeping them dry and leaving it alone? What do you think? Maybe it will retain more of the black color?

^ i've seen a pair of the indigo pbjs at the pbj store in person, where one of the staff wore them for an entire year without ever washing them. i'm sure there was a lot of fabreeze involved in the process, but man, the denim looked unbelievable. almost vintage-like. that's a serious commitment, because you have to pretty much plan on never washing the denim, unless you don't mind a little shrinkage later on.

^ i've seen a pair of the indigo pbjs at the pbj store in person, where one of the staff wore them for an entire year without ever washing them. i'm sure there was a lot of fabreeze involved in the process, but man, the denim looked unbelievable. almost vintage-like. that's a serious commitment, because you have to pretty much plan on never washing the denim, unless you don't mind a little shrinkage later on.

I dont think it was worn by a staff member - the japanese guy I spoke to their didnt know what the guy did but we both agreed he must have been a carpenter or something to get that much wear in a year. But they do look pretty dope

they look great, im no expert but im under the impression that black dye is more permanent than indigo, or at least less volatile and sticks to the fibers better? So wouldnt the soak be ok? Seeing as most indigo jeans lose a minimal amount of dye?

Good to see some pics, some close ups of the fabric wouldnt go a miss mind..... ;-)

if anything I'm happy with my size and didn't really want to shrink them anymore by soaking them. I've always soaked my raw denims and would like to see what happens to this pair if I keep them dry.

ok I'm on lunch break and I managed to take some better shots...P1030039.jpg

P1030049.jpg

P1030044.jpg

wow they look pretty slubby. what colour is the selvedge? Yellow?

thanks for the pics.

the selvedge looks pink actually..... really light in color

Very nice fit there, emaze! I think that's the kind of fit I'm looking for as well, not too thin.

Did you order your normal waist size?

I did get them in my true size... For PBL's it's recommended that you size up one because they tend to be snug on the thighs.... but I wanted this pair to be tighter, so opted for just true size. I really think these are my best fitting raw denims & I'm going to hold off on soaking them also.