Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Guest ifidieidie

I just bought that cumstain, er....pair of silver waxed jeans, and I think they look really good in person; much better than in the photo. They've actually become one of my favorite DH jeans.

I won't be buying either of the embroidered pocket jeans, though.

The Dior Homme look has changed for the worst, i think. Talking about the jeans, they have become very generic. The embroidery on those pockets looks like something 7 would have done. I have been reading that Van Ashe wanted to have an elegant and dramatic approach to the new path of Dior Homme, and i am not really seeing it in these pieces, being as flashy and repugnant as they are. The androgyny (i probably mispelled that) is gone, the monochrome approach is not visible, but the new concept is nothing innovative.

Guest ifidieidie
I have been reading that Van Ashe wanted to have an elegant and dramatic approach to the new path of Dior Homme, and i am not really seeing it in these pieces, being as flashy and repugnant as they are. The androgyny (i probably mispelled that) is gone, the monochrome approach is not visible, but the new concept is nothing innovative.

I'm sure that LVMH management wanted to compromise between a fresh look and maintaining the existing brand image.

The jeans, t-shirts, and shoes--which are probably the primary money makers--are all more or less similar. The jeans silhouette is unchanged, and the trainers are basically the same except made with some weird metallic mesh trim.

KVA tried to move beyond the Hedi years and introduce a new silhouette and the elegant/dramatic look in his more formal pieces.

One prominent piece is the high-waisted, cummerbund, M.C. Hammer tuxedo pants that are shown with a very narrow collared tuxedo shirt and/or ultra short jacket. Many of those pieces were shown in a black on black color scheme, with some white shirts mixed in.

I think he was going for a kind of Bella Lugosi-era, refined Count Dracula look....or something. :confused:

The silver waxed ones look pretty good when worn (especially in the sun).

Yet, if those embroided jeans are ugly, the rest of the denim is nice (the Sheer ones, for example. Or the silver coated Radioactive ones). And again, the Slimane era saw some damn commercial/bad products, where the comparison with dsquared is quite spot on.

It is clear that Dior is changing. But the whole fashion is changing. If you want to dress with the same style all your life, go to APC.

Fair enough. You can pick these up at any Dior homme boutique - and there are a few proxies who deal with Dior a lot, Thegrapist being pretty much the forums Dior go-to guy. Or you can check supermarket there are usually a few pairs up for sale... or you can get them from http://www.luisaviaroma.com and a couple other websites... I'm sure there is a lot more information regarding aquiring a pair of these jeans on the forums, particularly this thread, but that's all i can think of personally off the top of my head

Do you know anywhere in socal or the bay area, ca that may let me size down without a receipt? I still have tags

If you were able to go up to dior they might let you. I had a pair of pants that didnt fit and i had the tags but no receipt and they took them no problem. Theyll be more likely to take them if they are spring summer 08, too.

Guest ifidieidie
Any more comments on the fit of the new Under my Cars? Does it really fit that loose or just like any other pre-distressed MII jeans?

The fit is not that loose; the 31 UMC was identical in fit to my 31 Soft Inference from last season.

For complete measurements, go look on Diabro and compare with other DH jeans. Simple.

Guest ifidieidie
Do you know anywhere in socal or the bay area, ca that may let me size down without a receipt? I still have tags

You could try 5th floor of Saks or Neimans in SF. I'm not sure if they have that model, but they usually cary the basic styles.

The fit is not that loose; the 31 UMC was identical in fit to my 31 Soft Inference from last season.

For complete measurements, go look on Diabro and compare with other DH jeans. Simple.

really? That's weird considering the soft interference are made in japan making them like an 18cm model. The under my cars are made in Italy. Weird. Btw diabro can be really off with measurements...

Guest ifidieidie

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the hem. The hem might be a bit wider on the UMC compared to the Soft Inference.

I'd also say the 31 UMC I tried fits in between 31 and 32 Sharp Notation. My 31 Sharp Notations are a little tight in the waist (should stretch if I wear them more) and the 31 UMC fits perfectly in the waist, but still smaller than 32 Sharp Notation which were loose on me. So maybe half a size bigger than Sharp Notations.

That sounds good. I tried on a Soft Inference in size 28 and the fit was perfect. So I will stick to my size for the UMC.

Since they are MII they will not be tapered like the Soft Inference but that is fine for me. I like a bit more room around the calfs... :)

You could try 5th floor of Saks or Neimans in SF. I'm not sure if they have that model, but they usually cary the basic styles.

Thanks! I'll try calling arounbd a few places first

Diors on Melrose is a no go

DH_11657104_h_pu.jpg

Anyone own these? How do they look in person?

http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11657104

I think the wash itself is pretty cool. Looks like something between the Jakes, the Dust Wash (one of my favourite washes ever!) and Orange Overdyes...

The only thing that annoys me a bit is the big stain below the left front pocket...

Well, I think I will grab me a pair anyway...

They are also on Diabo:

http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/193_336/products_id/11859