Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Do you have washed dior's and did they give you the same problem? I just want to know whether or not its worth it to try and shrink the width of the leg and leg opening. If it isn't worth it i'll just sell them and get some raw MIJ's instead.

Guest ifidieidie

I can't imagine the UMC's would shrink much in the leg opening. I'm sure they've been washed several times as part of the distressing treatment, so the initial shrinkage has already taken place.

I tried on the Sheer jeans yesterday and thought that they were quite a bit slimmer in the lower leg, but they were in size 31, where there may be more difference between 19 and 17.5cm. I liked the color too.

Guest ifidieidie

i am just a bit wondering, because the SA from the dior flagship told me on the phone that they would fit like the jakes only one size bigger. and what i tried was waaaaay bigger thant the jakes, a difference like mountains and valleys.

there wont be different versions of this jeans right?

someone confirm?

I almost bought the new UMC yesterday. The size 31 fit perfect and I have 32 in the Jake, so from my experience one size bigger is about right.

I ended up getting the silver waxed Think Fast jeans, which I actually came to like a lot over the past few weeks of seeing them in the store and trying them on.

Hi everybody,

I need some opinions here....

I am wearing Dior jeans for several months now, meanwhile own 4 pairs (both distressed and raw denim) of them and already looking out for new ones.

For me they are the best looking and best fitting jeans ever after a long time searching for the perfect jeans that suits my body type...

The only thing that still somehow annoys me sometimes is the extra long inseam... maybe because I am only 1,73 m tall (or small).... :D

I never really went down the line getting them hemmed because people kept on telling "Don't hem your Diors, it's like castration!!!" but I think the most important thing is feeling comfortable with your jeans and wearing something that actually looks good on you and fits your proportions.

And I think that jeans like for example the Dauphins with an 38,5" long inseam don't look very good on a short person like me because that means almost 20 cm of extra fabric sitting on my ankle...!!

I know Diors are meant to stack and if I really going to hem them I would only cut off about 2", just to "reduce" the stacking effect a little bit.

I believe an inseam of 35,4" (90 cm) would be more than enough for my height, right?

There is this great pic of some guy from behind, walking down the street wearing some (I guess?) orange overdye DH jeans. I think that the jeans fit perfect on him and as far as I can tell from the pictures his jeans don't stack too much as well...

So what do you think? Should I go for it?

And is there maybe anyone who is the same height like me and got his DH jeans hemmed? And if yes, are you more satisfied now with the shorter inseam than before? Or do you regret it...?

ok, i just got my Brut raw 21cm's today. i wanted them to fit more along the lines of a Levis 501 rather than an apc new standard, slim and straight but a smidge towards the baggier side. the leg fits great but the waist is to big. im goin to return them, if i get a size 33 they fit perfect at the waste but im affraid they will stretch out to a 34. should i get the size 32 which is really snug, and if they stretch to a 33 'ish. ill be perfect...

What do you guys think????

I would recommend a snug fitting raw. When I got mine it was very hard to close the clasp but now the waist stretched out just perfect.

I have a 19 cm cut but I don't think that will make any difference whe it comes to stretching...

I usually have a 28 and sized down to a 27 for the raws.

hmm i had a size 30 in stretch model, the hem was 17.5cm too. it fit super skinny for me, more like april77. what abt yours jskidder?

hey TimWatley: im arnd ur height and i got my 21cms hemmed to a 34.5ish" inseam, i like the way it is now. 37" was way too long for me esp for the 21cm model which is nt tapered like the 19cm.

^i have both the blue and the grey 17.5cm sheers in 27 and the hem on both is just a little less that 17cm, not really much different from my 19cm. the 17.5cm are a little slimmer overall, but the difference is mainly in the thigh. seems like there is more difference between the 2 cuts in larger sizes based on what i am hearing.

^i have both the blue and the grey 17.5cm sheers in 27 and the hem on both is just a little less that 17cm, not really much different from my 19cm. the 17.5cm are a little slimmer overall, but the difference is mainly in the thigh. seems like there is more difference between the 2 cuts in larger sizes based on what i am hearing.

So what about the calf size? I mean, I wear 29 in raws, but i want them to be a bit skinnier. Are the stretch remarkably more slim? I just don't know if I should go for a size 30 then.. Are they in anyway as skinny as, say, cheap mondays?

Sorry for all the sizing questions. I just don't have any way of trying them out for myself.

So what about the calf size? I mean, I wear 29 in raws, but i want them to be a bit skinnier. Are the stretch remarkably more slim? I just don't know if I should go for a size 30 then.. Are they in anyway as skinny as, say, cheap mondays?

Sorry for all the sizing questions. I just don't have any way of trying them out for myself.

I don't think they are as skinny as cheap mondays. If you are talking about the stretch raws, then as jskidder said, they will be slimmer throughout the leg. IMO they will fit more like an 18cm model, such as a 19cm MIJ Washed pair of Dior Homme jeans, considering those run like an 18cm model. If you are looking for something suuupppppper skinny, you may want to look elsewhere. You could also just taper them at a tailor.

do not size up for the 17.5cm raws, the waist will be way too big if you do that. as i have mentioned several times, they are not remarkably more skinny that the 19cm mij pairs. the biggest difference is in the thigh, but the lower leg and opening is not much slimmer than 19cm so they won't be as skinny as cheap monday.

I've pretty much gone through every page of this thread, and I cant seem to find any pictures where someone has posted a pic of a pair of 21cms with any significant fades( or maybe I could have possibly missed it). I'm trying to get some fades going by wearing my 21 cms dilegently (for about 3 months straight now) and I was wondering if anyone has achived any with thier 21cms. Or should i go ahead and get em tailored to get a tighter fit? thanks...

I've pretty much gone through every page of this thread, and I cant seem to find any pictures where someone has posted a pic of a pair of 21cms with any significant fades( or maybe I could have possibly missed it). I'm trying to get some fades going by wearing my 21 cms dilegently (for about 3 months straight now) and I was wondering if anyone has achived any with thier 21cms. Or should i go ahead and get em tailored to get a tighter fit? thanks...

XXX gallery

21cms, that would have got to be TragicBliss' MII 21cms in indigo, he has a MIJ pair in black too.