Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

guys, i need your help...

i'm a 32 in nudie, acne, levi's etc. but I have a quite athletic lower half due to regular sport. i recon that the mii/mij 19s are too small for me in the thigh (already had problems with the slim jims from nudie), so i'd go for a mii/mij 21. would you recommend to go for a 31 or a 32 (or even a 33??!?)

thanks

What do your jeans measure when laid flat?

I'd probably say a 31, maybe a 32. Again, the measurement is key.

What do your jeans measure when laid flat?

I'd probably say a 31, maybe a 32. Again, the measurement is key.

just checked a nudie regular alf, which measures 17" at the waist and 12" at the thighs and this model is already kinda tight in the thigh area

guys, i need your help...

i'm 6'3, 185ish and a 32 in nudie, acne, levi's etc. but I have a quite athletic lower half due to regular sport. i recon that the mii/mij 19s are too small for me in the thigh (already had problems with the slim jims from nudie), so i'd go for a mii/mij 21. would you recommend to go for a 31 or a 32 (or even a 33??!?)

thanks

i'm 6ft, 173 and wear 32 in nudie, etc.... i wear a 32 in dior 21cm and they fit just right.

so...what do we think about the 17.5 cms?

tried them on a few days ago, i think they're kind of wack, didn't look or feel like skinnier 19cms, kva has changed the cut quite a bit, i thought they looked/felt like d&g crossed with cheap monday, would get new cures over them any day.

opinions?

i quite like my 17.5cm sheers. they are definitely slimmer than 19cm, but i don't think so much so that it is an extreme difference. the rise is a little lower and i think the rear pockets sit a little lower as well, but overall i love the fit. i wouldn't consider them a substitute for the a pair of 17cm mij raws though. they are thinner and the fabric is just different, as is the color. i think they have a totally different look with the tonal stitching as opposed to the contrasting amber, which gives them a nicer, cleaner look. i think they look better new than they will faded, which shouldn't be a problem because they seem to be very difficult to get wear on so far. more of a nicer going out jean than an everyday beat-the-shit out of jean that the mij raws would be. i can't say enough about how great the fit is though.

Guest noogsahoy

the blue overdye black mii, do they run similar to the 'half tagged size + 1"?

anyone got them and wanna share?

grapist how much do these normally go for?

care to share about sizing?

the blue overdye black mii, do they run similar to the 'half tagged size + 1"?

anyone got them and wanna share?

grapist how much do these normally go for?

care to share about sizing?

The new emperors from last season? They fit exactly like a pair of mij raws. I have a pair of 30 19cm. Don't know if anyone is still carries them though.

anyone had exp with the 17.5cm jakes ? do you all size up when buying ? how much does it stretch ?

They have stretch, but for me the were super tight.

Guest noogsahoy
The new emperors from last season? They fit exactly like a pair of mij raws. I have a pair of 30 19cm. Don't know if anyone is still carries them though.

so they came only as 19cm?

Waist 36"

Thigh (from crotch to outer thigh) 12 1/4"

Inseam 38"

Hem 8.3" (~21cm)

These measurements would represent a size 36, 19cm correct?

They have stretch, but for me the were super tight.

so its safe to size 1 up and it will still be tight even after stretching ?

Well, maybe. They shouldn't stretch as much as raws, but unlike MIJ washed, they're not slimmer than the equvialent sized raw jeans.

gosh.. this is confusing. ok. i wear 28 for both raws and MIJ washed so what size should i get ? ps : i dont want it too tight.

gosh.. this is confusing. ok. i wear 28 for both raws and MIJ washed so what size should i get ? ps : i dont want it too tight.

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the New Emperors. Size up one for the jakes unless the legs on your jeans in the same size, 19cm, is too loose.

well, he is THE proxy on SuFu it would only help his service.
TheGrapist has a zen-like patience, answering the same questions 100 times a week. I can't believe he ain't even dark green :P

Pfft, I guess you guys haven't heard. Apparently I'm out to steal your souls and if you drop the G in my name you get rapist which must mean that I'm actually a rapist! It must be true! :-O

Hi everybody!

Not really a denim question but still somehow related to Dior jeans:

What d-point belt size (re-release S/S2008) should I go for? A 80 or 85?

I wear size 27 in MII raws and Dauphins, size 28 in Under my Car, New Emperor, Dust Wash Broken...

Thanks in advance!

I'd normally recommend a size 80, but apparently they run a bit small this season. If you want the belt to have a few holes remaining to make the belt bigger, 85, if you want it to be so that you're on the first or second hole, 80.

That is strange because the guy at the DH store measured the 85 belt for me and told me that the middle hole measures exactly 85 cm and that there would be 3 cm space between each hole...

So I thought I'd go with a 85 cm belt and close it in the second to last hole.

But now your posting confuses me again... :D

Thanks anyway, I guess I will call the store again tomorrow to check the sizes again.

Don't bother, I have a 80 and 85 belt on hand (well, on my bed, it would rather difficult for me to have them in my hands and type at the same time).

Edit; Just measured. The first hole for the 85 is about 82cm, the middle hole on the 80 is about 82cm. You need an 80.