Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

Can anyone clarify on this:

Dior MIJ Indigo Raw 17.5cm, do they really exist? Could anyone send me a link to a website where they sell them?

Thx

don't think they're available anymore, i bought mine a/w 06 in paris and didn't see them when i looked for them in japan a/w 07. my fav pair of jeans anyway, pity they're about to fall apart

yes i agree, als prefer 19cm`s. Regarding to this i have a question about the new under my car stretch ones. They are 19cm`s but the SA at my dior store told me that they would be just like the 17.5 jakes from AW07.

Can anybody confirm that?

Oh no!!!!! I hope this is not true....!! :eek:

I also prefer the 19 cm cut, 17,5 would by way too slim for me...

Damn, I hope your information is wrong because I was planning on gettng a pair of UMC stretch when they are finally available on luisaviaroma...

i just wanted to comment and share some experience on the difference between the 19cm and 17.5cm cuts. i can't speak for all the 17.5cm varieties, but in the case of the raw 17.5cm sheers there really isn't much difference at all from 19cm mij. the rise is just slightly lower, but in the leg the thigh is really the only place they are slimmer at all and even there its only by a very small amount. from the knee down they are basically identical and even the leg opening is the same. here are some pics that demonstrate what i am talking about. the pair on top is 17.5cm sheer in grey and the bottom pair is 19cm mij, bot in size 27:

DSCF20357084.jpg

DSCF20367085.jpg

DSCF20377086.jpg

yes i agree, als prefer 19cm`s. Regarding to this i have a question about the new under my car stretch ones. They are 19cm`s but the SA at my dior store told me that they would be just like the 17.5 jakes from AW07.

Can anybody confirm that?

i need to get this new umc pair.

is it available now in us?

Hey TheGrapist, do you know what the differences are between the silver selvedge raws and the regular MIJ raws? I went through many pages and was surprised that there is not much info. on the silver selvedge raws other than lighter & tighter weave, more $$$ and lighter blue but darker gery. If the material is lighter why is it still more expensive?

Also, could you please tell us what models are still available in the 21cm's? I've been itching to drop dough on black & blue silver selvedge raws and luster waxed blacks.

Thanks a lot!

Hey TheGrapist, do you know what the differences are between the silver selvedge raws and the regular MIJ raws? I went through many pages and was surprised that there is not much info. on the silver selvedge raws other than lighter & tighter weave, more $$$ and lighter blue but darker gery. If the material is lighter why is it still more expensive?

Also, could you please tell us what models are still available in the 21cm's? I've been itching to drop dough on black & blue silver selvedge raws and luster waxed blacks.

Thanks a lot!

I know that both the black and indigo selvedge are avalible in 21cm. I think they are more expensive just because it is selvedge denim. I personally find the look of the black ones to be more dressy, a result of the weft not being nearly as visible as it is in the regular black raws. They stretch less, too, so you may need to size up, or may just have to stay the same as your regular MIJ raw size. You'll love them if you get them.

Guest ifidieidie
i need to get this new umc pair.

is it available now in us?

They arrived yesterday to the DH store in Vegas.

I haven't seen them, but my S.A. told me that they are sized about one bigger than the Jake jeans.

I should have mine in a couple of days. Will let you know how they look.

They arrived yesterday to the DH store in Vegas.

I haven't seen them, but my S.A. told me that they are sized about one bigger than the Jake jeans.

I should have mine in a couple of days. Will let you know how they look.

So are the new Under My Car jeans a complete different cut than the ones from S/S2007? I hope not...

But if they are only one size bigger than the Jakes I fear they the leg will still be too slim for me...

I would really like to know how much the hem width of the new UMC is in a size 28...

Anything under 17,5 would look ridiculous on me... :(

i just tried the UMC in the local store and i must say they are huge. the smallest size they had was unfortunately 29 (which was really nut pressing with the jakes, i couldnt close them back then), but these were flattering around like some baggy jeans around my calfs. They are quite thin also. nice washing though, i think i have to go to the dior flagship and try them in 27 or something...

Thanks for your posting theaddict

Well, for me this is good news because I cannot pull off the extreme slim look... :D

I think I will order both size 27 and 28 and see which one fits better.

Any info on the leg opening? Is it between 17,5 and 18 cm as usual for MII washed jeans?

well, i guess(not sure) that the hem is like a regular 19cm cut denim, so it should be about 17cm in a 28.

and i will definitely size down from 29 to 27. i also wear a 27 in raws (so tight that i hardly can close the closure) and a 28 in washed (for a supertight fit). and if i want the same look i have to go down...

they have no holes or rips like hedis last version, only the paint "stains" with white drops and everything(at least thats what i saw). And it is quite thin, i dont know how the AW07 umc are, right now i think i will go for them.

i am just a bit wondering, because the SA from the dior flagship told me on the phone that they would fit like the jakes only one size bigger. and what i tried was waaaaay bigger thant the jakes, a difference like mountains and valleys.

there wont be different versions of this jeans right?

someone confirm?

Just thought i would post some pics of my black silver selvedge raws so people could see the color difference that i think is the biggest thing between them and the regular MIJ black raws. On the left of all the pics are the selvedge, and on the right is a pair of regular blacks. You can see how the weft is less visible on the selvedge.

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Stopped in Barney's to see what these fit like... (and a BoO shirt that I also tried on - that isn't mine.)

dior1.jpg

dior2.jpg

dior3.jpg

dior4.jpg

dior5.jpg

These are MIJ 19cm 32s, and especially given the stretch, if I picked up a pair, I'm thinking 31?

(prepares for the flames!)

I need help.

I just got a pair of Under My Car 19 cm's in a size 27 (from previous season, i.e., 100% cotton, no stretch, top clasp not button) and they are too wide for my taste below the knee and the leg opening is larger than my MIJ 19 cm (black, 27). I thought about hot soaking them and throwing them in the dryer but they'd probably just stretch back out.

What should I do? Should I put them on the supermarket?

I'm thinking about selling them and getting the 17.5 cm sheers, but as someone posted a few pages back there is only a slight difference between the 17.5's and the 19's....

AHHHHH someone get me out of this pickle.

Thanks in advance.