Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

^ your buyer sucks.

from my PM with him:

Hey there, it is very interesting at the least educational to read your response to swooc's buyer's saga. I am that seller, and i tell you with all honesty unless you are holding the jeans in your hands next to an authentic pair like I am doing, you will not come to the same conclusion. And it is also interest that in all your expertise and excellent observation you have not given any specific other than to pretty much say that you have not seem any fake that looks so convincing. You can't even say for sure what year these are.

I am a designer by profession and have developed very detail sense on how things are made. These jeans are made with much care, maybe all the details are "consistent" to the real thing, but they lack the workmanship that make them 400 dollar designer jeans.

The biggest tell tell sign for me is the inside tag, it is plastic not leather and very poorly done where the dior inprint is not even; the pressure on the letter D is so light that it is almost invisible. This was never painted.

I am trying to convince you or him, just find it interesting that you can make sure judements on something that you have not even seem in person. Care to share.

I just made those comments based on what I've experienced with Dior jeans. I've had 5 pair, have 3 with me currently, 2 MIJ and 1 MII.

The black tags have changed slightly over the years. That one looks like a newer tag. The Dior logo is not painted, it's foil emboss that comes off rather quickly.

MII raws are not $400 jeans, so sorry to burst your bubble, but the workmanship on them is accordingly not that great in my experience. The $500 versions of Dior jeans MIJ are well-made, but the MII's leave a little to be desired, and yours in the photos are consistent with MII's. There is nothing fishy about them.

It sounds like you're just disappointed with what you received in terms of quality. They're authentic, but they're MII. The bottom of the rung as far as Dior Homme goes, $235.

I personally paid for a pair from Max's in LA for 430 plus tax. They are washed nonetheless. You didnt bust my bubble.

I have personally been burnt with fake. I actually took it back to the store for a repair, the item was sent back to Italy and only at the factory where they determined its authentcity.

I owned more than 5 pairs of Nike, lets say, I will never in a million years claim to be a expert on Nike authenticity.

Lastly, you still have not addressa single observation that i mentioned in your expert opinion. Typically I would not be so sure in judging things or people. Thanks for your time.

damn this pseudonym is my cousin msn adress kina... Well, it seems impossible to prove it is the real deal, so let's shout it altoghether: THIS JEANS IS REAL THOUGH MADE IN ITALY, UNDERSTAAAND ?

There is no convincing fake, or at least we haven't seen any, and those are obviously not fake but completly real. How the hell is it possible to be that stubborn !!

has anyone been successful in getting really nice fades out of their Diors?

I've had mine about a year, 2 washes, and they really haven't had a sharp fade at all.

I know Diors have more of an "overall" fade, but even that is minimal. I'm not complaining, just wondering what to expect.

Does anyone's dior blacks have a really strong sulfur smell? I mean like you can smell it when wearing it, not just pulling it up to your nose and sniffing.

i've got a 19cm mij and a 19cm mii (size 31)... after wearing them some time, they stretched and they fit a bit loose on my waist. i'm not loosing them and they feel comfortable but should i get size 30?? would they look better?

here is a pic of me wearing them:

has anyone been successful in getting really nice fades out of their Diors?

I've had mine about a year, 2 washes, and they really haven't had a sharp fade at all.

I know Diors have more of an "overall" fade, but even that is minimal. I'm not complaining, just wondering what to expect.

i've SEEN someone w/ reallyyyyyyyy nice fades... some short guy w/ a pair of 19cm... really awesome fades... but.. too bad no pics

hi, i'm new here, so if i'm in the wrong thread then my bad :o

um, my question is regarding Dior Homme denim size tags. i know that in the jeans---before S/S '07 changed it to the grey "Dior" box tag---the tag was a black leather "Dior" tag on the inside back of the waist on one side and a number on a silver/grey tag on the other side.

my question is: has the size tag EVER been next to the wash tag in the jeans?

i'm asking because there's a guy on eBay (item # 110182457923) selling a pair of waxed jeans claiming to be from the older Luster collection

[highlight]the size tag looks like the following:[/highlight]

3a5c_1.JPG

any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance :)

The inside construction looks legit. I have a pair that have the size tag off the waistband by the leather tag, but there's also a second black ribbon loop under the was care tag, like that...

I feel like that seller is a Sufu member. He had a link to one of his ebay auctions on a supermarket thread for another DH item not long ago. I can't remember his SN, but I'm pretty sure he's here.

i'm asking because there's a guy on eBay (item # 110182457923) selling a pair of waxed jeans claiming to be from the older Luster collection

i've got a 19cm mij and a 19cm mii (size 31)... after wearing them some time, they stretched and they fit a bit loose on my waist. i'm not loosing them and they feel comfortable but should i get size 30?? would they look better?

here is a pic of me wearing them:

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/30719/2003483800487854185_rs.jpg

they dont look like sz 31 at all, more like 27/28. did you do any alterations in the leg? personally i think they look perfect on you.