Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

can anyone post the measurements if they own brand new japan 19cm raws for size 27 and im also after measurements for 19cm 26

i wear 27s but i have been wearing them for about 3-4months now and they have streched out too much i refuse to wash them as im scared for the indigo to run but im going to get some new ones soon and switch between them

any help guys ???

wash them... god...

I've washed mine twice already during 5 months. Warm water, hang dry.

hey all, i've been interested in dior homme and have been reading this thread and researching others over the past few weeks.

i've worn diesel exclusively before this, and i've been a size 28x30 in all diesel cuts for the most part.

i was advised to go with a 28 for dior homme in a 19cm raw indigo denim. i'm only 5'8, around 150-160 lbs., but i think tapered can look ok on me. i was wary of getting diors because of the long inseam, but i've seen it can work (i found a member on the board is about the same height/weight as me, and his diors look pretty damn good).

can any of you give some more personal advice on choosing a size for dior, now that i've laid out some basic attributes about my height/size, relative sizing in diesels?

further, i heard that kva would be taking over for dior homme, and that by s/s 08 the raw denim may be discontinued? or maybe re-designed? can anyone say something about this?

and finally, i've seen different reports on the quality control of dior homme. i know a few people that have had some suspect stitching on their jeans, and i have also seen severe holes being made in some (holes growing in the crotch area only after 4 months!)

thanks for your time.

Hello jb5, welcome. I've been wearing diesel too before wearing diors. I have 19cm mij raw, and I took the same size as my Diesel size (basically, zathan one). At the beggining, it was a tad bit hard to button them up, but then they fitted really good. 19cm is really okay, even coming from bootcut or relaxed straight fit. The long inseam is fun to play with, i'll keep mine.

Don't worry for the raws in ss08 or quality control, really so few issue with diors. I think that the raw will stay with kva, even if the rest... Well... :)

Hope i've been helpful.

thanks JuyLe, for your reply. here are pics of me in a brand new pair of thanaz 8ev that i got a few months back. they measure 28x30. i'm wearing them pretty high in there because i was stretching them out, but after wearing them for a few months, they have stretched out pretty well. they're still fairly tight (hey, they're diesels and i come from honestforum!)

picture4hx4.png

picture5zw2.png

can anyone draw some application of this to dior homme 19cm?

guys, just got my grey distressed jeans from ss07, and they fit bit too tight than id like on the waist. They are very light, but the material is superb. Will this eventually stretches out or should i just sell this and size up?

Where did you get it? I am sitll debating whether I want the raw or distressed.

Did you notice that the title of the thread was Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)?

yes but that still doesnt have what im looking for in cm iv never tried on 26's and cm is alot more accurate than inches i realise a 26 will fit more like a 28 i know the sizing pretty well but never laid hands on 26's cause they never have them in stock anywhere iv been

but i dont just want to do a conversion of 2.6 to get it into cm

because all on the first page gives you what it is likly to strech out to i was wanting to know the waist brand new (unstreched)

you deal with loads dior denim any chance you could help me out from your experience?

yes but that still doesnt have what im looking for in cm iv never tried on 26's and cm is alot more accurate than inches i realise a 26 will fit more like a 28 i know the sizing pretty well but never laid hands on 26's cause they never have them in stock anywhere iv been

but i dont just want to do a conversion of 2.6 to get it into cm

because all on the first page gives you what it is likly to strech out to i was wanting to know the waist brand new (unstreched)

you deal with loads dior denim any chance you could help me out from your experience?

dude, the actual measurement of a 26 brand new unstretched is 28.

I'm going to get my new 21cms raw (Japan) hemmed today, and would like to know how much they will shrink after the first soak/wash. Are they sanforized? Please let me know...I don't want to f*#% up and hem them too small...

I'd really recomend not to hem, but if you have to, only take an inch or two off.

They'll shrink up a little bit when you wash them, but it can be countered by hanging weights from the bottom of your jeans while they dry. I believe diors are sanforized.

I'd really recomend not to hem, but if you have to, only take an inch or two off.

They'll shrink up a little bit when you wash them, but it can be countered by hanging weights from the bottom of your jeans while they dry. I believe diors are sanforized.

I just don't think the 21cms look good with a ton of bunching. The 19cms looks better with the bunching/stacking. I'm thinking about hemming them to a 34" length. I'm 5'11".

I'm going to get my new 21cms raw (Japan) hemmed today, and would like to know how much they will shrink after the first soak/wash. Are they sanforized? Please let me know...I don't want to f*#% up and hem them too small...

Is there any reason you can't wash them first, then wear them for a few weeks, and then decide how much/if to hem them?

Every single time I've done this with jeans I thought were too long I ended up keeping the original length and being real glad I never shortened them.

on the FAQ it says:

"The waist when laid flat measures half the tag size plus one. Meaning a 28 is 15" (28/2 + 1). A 30 measures 16", a 31 is 16.5", and so on."

Focusing on "laid flat," what does this mean exactly? Does this mean that the jeans are laid on a flat surface with the natural dip of the waist (making a triangle/v shape) measured across, or does this mean that the front and back of the waist is aligned, measured across?

i've read in old threads that there were some measurement guidelines around here, but i can't find out which. things like how to take the crotch measurement, etc. the way i measure my jeans may be different than what is discussed here.

a little insight on this would help me a lot, thanks!

on the FAQ it says:

"The waist when laid flat measures half the tag size plus one. Meaning a 28 is 15" (28/2 + 1). A 30 measures 16", a 31 is 16.5", and so on."

Focusing on "laid flat," what does this mean exactly? Does this mean that the jeans are laid on a flat surface with the natural dip of the waist (making a triangle/v shape) measured across, or does this mean that the front and back of the waist is aligned, measured across?

i've read in old threads that there were some measurement guidelines around here, but i can't find out which. things like how to take the crotch measurement, etc. the way i measure my jeans may be different than what is discussed here.

a little insight on this would help me a lot, thanks!

I'm not quite sure why you had to ask this, especially since you PM'ed me with the same question. And I responded, and you replied back. The jeans are measured with a natural "dip". In order to align them you'd have to pull and perhaps stretch them, and that kind of ruins the point of getting accurate measurements.