Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

I just purchased a pair of Dior MIJ Raw Indigo 19CM in size 27. I had a size 29 but decided to size down a few because it was too big for me. When it arrived I compared the two and found that the size 27 looked nothing like the 29s. The 29s were nice and raw but the 27s looked and felt like they've been washed or something. It's BNWT and the tag says "Pantalon + Short" Does this mean that it's not raw or something? Somebody help!

I'm not quite sure why you had to ask this, especially since you PM'ed me with the same question. And I responded, and you replied back. The jeans are measured with a natural "dip". In order to align them you'd have to pull and perhaps stretch them, and that kind of ruins the point of getting accurate measurements.

well, can anyone link me to the blueingreen measurements guide? i had asked this again because i had seen different measurements and just wanted to confirm that it was stable across the forum. i only asked you how you specifically measured yours, not how the forum overall does. i don't think it's bad to get a second opinion...?

edit: ah, yes i found the guide.:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=41,all

see, here blueingreen is taking measurements by aligning the front edge and the back edge of the waist, not the dip. that is why it was confusing to me becuase i had seen people posting measurements by "using this guide" and others that hadn't specified, etc..

and, @Egpt, lol. how ironic.

PM me the code on the tag. And a picture would obviously help.

I've already talked to TheGrapist on AIM but I don't think we could come to a conclusion, although he did try to help. Hopefully somebody else will be able to resolve this for me.

Here are the pictures, the jeans on the left are size 29 (the ones I originally had) and the jeans on the right are size 27 (bnwt).

The pictures of the tags are from the 27. The size 27s also have a shorter inseam (not hemmed) of 34-35" while the 29s have a 38" inseam.

The 29s feel thicker and heavier, like how raw denim is supposed to feel, while the 27s feel light and unstiff.

Both are 100% cotton Made In JAPAN.

DSC06017.jpg

DSC06018.jpg

DSC06019.jpg

Please help, thanks!

guys, just got my grey distressed jeans from ss07, and they fit bit too tight than id like on the waist. They are very light, but the material is superb. Will this eventually stretches out or should i just sell this and size up?

i have the same question, ive tried them on and they are kinda tight in the waist, and really hug my ass

a little too much for me which is why im trying to sell them

they are kinda tight in the waist, and really hug my ass

a little too much for me

Based on this description, I'd say the fit is about right. I usually try to buy my DH jeans so that they fit something like this when new.

In my experience, DH jeans will stretch at least one inch, and often more, in the waist, with a little stretch in the hips, thighs, and knees. I would say you can't judge the fit until they've had 10-20 wears.

After the waist stretches, they will sit lower on your hips, and the ass won't be so tight because the seat will sag.

For washing, I'll either dry clean or cold water wash and hang dry so that they don't shrink back down.

not sure if i could personaly do this sit about in wet jeans pretty hardcore even though i realise its a done thing but the dye will run everywhere

illeszt where did you buy them from ? probally could be to do with a season change maybe ? the tag also doesnt have a year refence like 95% of the other tags do like 6hh or 4eh, the standard products like the jeans will change time to time i mean LVMH are so greedy bastards who i personaly think will try and cut costs in alot of places to max their profit maybe the jeans are changing for worse? which is shit cause i need to buy some new 27/26's for myslef and will be doing so in 3 weeks when im in paris.

the only other thing that comes to mind but i doubt it is that smaller sizes are applied as petite ie 44 and smaller maybe they are aplying sizing to their jeans like this now ie 27 smaller just has a smaller inseam becuse of the people who will wear these sizes will generaly be shorter unless ur someone like chris. this is the only other thing i can think of

did you notice all the denim is like this or just the 27's?

Where did you get it? I am sitll debating whether I want the raw or distressed.

yahoo japan. they are all sold out at everywhere.

havent seen the raws yet, but im quite please with this. but they are VERY slim compared to my other jeans. so you might want to take that into consideration.

just went to the dior boutique in nyc a few days ago and got 21cm in size 31. although they fit perfectly in thighs and waist, they were too long for my liking and they felt really baggy. I'm 6'3 and the jeans are still way too long for my legs, i'm thinking about going back to exchange for 19cms to get a more similar fit to new standards.

And does anyone know how the new corduroy pants fit? Should I get my regular size?

If you are talking about the shiny black cords from this season, I'd say they run regular size for DH, or maybe just a teeny bit big. They also have a very long inseam.

Mine also stretched out more than I would have expected in just one wear, possibly because of the 2% elastane.

did the jeans got the black bottons?

i've already bought 2 of them from AW07/08 but they got the silver buttons.

are these fake?/QUOTE]

I think these are just a few seasons old, they used black hardware at one point and I believe some other users have them.

thats right iv got a pair of black raws 19cm made in italy that have black hardwear and buttons

contemplating buying a pair of mij 21cms sz 29. I'm just wondering about them because Ive read some bad things about hemming the 21cms, and since i'm under 5'7 I'd probably need to. Any of you have pics of shorter guys in hemmed 21cms?

Sometimes, hemmed 21cm is better than non-hemmed, because the creases can look quite bad compared to the 19cm ones. They will look good anyway ;) !

contemplating buying a pair of mij 21cms sz 29. I'm just wondering about them because Ive read some bad things about hemming the 21cms, and since i'm under 5'7 I'd probably need to. Any of you have pics of shorter guys in hemmed 21cms?

here, around 5'7, 5'8ish. not hemmed, but 21cm actually taken in and tapered to 19cm. hem length kept in tact.

5-30-07.jpg

08-29-07.jpg