Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

i've got a pair of 19cm mij and a 19cm mii.

the 19cm mij fits very tight and i like that fit.

but i also like the looser (but still not baggy) fit of the miis.

can 21cm mijs and 19cm miis be compared or would the 21cm model look stupid on skinny legs? i tried a 21cm mii and i don't like them.

can anyone who's got a 19cm mii and a 21cm mij please post pics of both. :)

Hi

I am a noob here. sorry if this has been posted before.

i wear a 28 in nudie sj and tf, 28 in pbj 005 and 27 in apc old cures and these all fit pretty snug.

What size would i be in 19cm mij??

Go size 28. I sized up one over my Nudie size (31) and now I'm selling them to size down.

Alternately, you could measure your waistband of your Nudies and see how they're faring, if you like that fit, go to an online store with a Dior sizing chart (diabro.net) and work out which pair is best.

Thanks James. I am still deciding between 27 and 28. But since I will be making these my new everyday jeans 28 might be best as they will be more comfortable.

A sizing chart wouldn't really be all that helpful as I will be comparing a pair of jeans which i have worn and have stretched out with a pair of new unstretched jeans so technically I would still be guessing.

It is if you arent able to try them on.

You could always buy your size, try it on and if it doesn't fit.....return them. I know, it's crazy but it is possible.

There is maybe 1,001 questions just like yours throughout this thread. Sizing is all personal; Some, like myself buy thier true waist size and others buy two sizes too small so they can crush thier balls for a few weeks before complaining about how much thier jeans have stretched.

You choose your own path.

You could always buy your size, try it on and if it doesn't fit.....return them. I know, it's crazy but it is possible.

I dont know about you but I always thought that asking a question and having 1-2 people answer it would be easier then having to ship something back to another country to then have another size shipped back to me.

I have bought a tonne of clothes online and was happy to guess the size but this one instance where someone else is buying it for me I would rather get it right. I don't know why it's such a big deal.

The reason this thread is so frustrating is that all of this isn't rocket science. If you actually read the first post (which now, thank God is there) you'll find very helpful information on sizing. These jeans have a bigger waist to account for wearing them lower, as that's the way they are intended to be worn. So sizing down really isn't going to do that much other than make your first week or two wearing them really uncomfortable untill they stretch from all the stress.

Buy actual waist size= Less stress, less stretching.

Buying 1-2 sizes down= More stress, more stretching.

I am a waist size 30 and I bought a 28 mij 19cm

if I had purchased a size 30, in my opinion, it would not only be far too baggy for my liking, but also defeat the purpose of them as quite a slim but not skin tight jean; the fit would be much worse in terms of what i was/am looking for

Part of the problem is that people have all kinds of ideas for a waist measurement. True waist? Natural waist? Where they actually plan on wearing their jeans (over their hips)? The size of the mall brand jeans they used to wear?

Add into that the changes in Dior sizing throughout the last 5 years, different materials that stretch different amounts, different cuts, tagged with a 'waist' size that is very different to their actual size - then combined with the fact that a lot of people shopping for these can never try them on in advance - and you end up with 3608 posts of dredge, running in circles asking the same questions from beginning to end.

I don't think you can fix that now by talking people out of their questions.

Part of the problem is that people have all kinds of ideas for a waist measurement. True waist? Natural waist? Where they actually plan on wearing their jeans (over their hips)? The size of the mall brand jeans they used to wear?

Well, that's why I addressed that question in the write up that's in the first post.