Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

yeah, dunno man

sorry

i think a 30 might be the ticket

i broke my own rule - which i made about 100 pages ago - about never getting into a sizing discussion in this thread, because ultimately it's futile

but i like your avatar, so i tried to help

either way, don't worry too much, as the resale on pairs that are still tagged is really good

how tall are you and what's your height?

The reason I like this thread is to see various pictures of people's Diors, of which there's been a dearth lately. Here's my sz 30, 19cm MII, Dauphin's, worn 3-4 times. I love them but I also feel like they look a lot better in person. Admittedly my pics are not the best. I'd like to post better later.

I added a new pic. which I feel like makes them look much tighter than they do in person, particularly since they're MII. I've worn uncomfortably tight jeans, but these aren't at all.

I'm 5'10", about 172-175 lbs. These are sz 30. My sizing is all over the place due to my - clearly - broad thighs, but I typically wear a 31 in almost everthing (New Cures, Skulls, some Nudies). I debating a 32/33 in 3001's. I wear a 28 new standards, however.

hi, sorry i thought i left some pics. hope this'll help:

07b3_12.JPG

0863_12.JPG

08fe_12.JPG

0a14_12.JPG

On a second thought after seeing the pictures, it looks authentic to me. Since FW05 has some new experimental cuttings and styles, such as the boot leg jeans, orange overdyes with zipper on the back pocket etc. Do you have the pic of the wash care tag?

Can anyone guide me regarding size? I wear a 30 in APC NC.

I wear a 30 APC NC too, and if you like how they fit, I'd suggest staying with that size for Diors. Mine are black raw MIJ 19's and they fit similar to the APC's (obviously differing a tiny bit due to cut). Then again, I've started wearing my APC's a bit lower, more like the anti-fit Diors are made for, so normally I'd assume they wouldn't be so similar.

Weird thing though: mine are silver selvedge from this year, and they feel like they have stretched more than my APC's, which have generally stretched a lot less than people say they do. Then again, it might just be in my head; the Diors are worn less, so maybe I just haven't paid as much attention to the gradual stretching of the APC's.

Definitely don't size up 2 or 3 from your NC size though, they'll look completely different from what you had in mind.

So today I went to the Dior Homme boutique in Shanghai, and I tried the Bleu Fonce MIJ 19cm (as written on the tag), and the salesperson was unable to tell me if it was the raw model. So I ask you guys : is Bleu Fonce the raw model ?

edit : ok it seems it is, as I saw the tag`s pic of one of you.

1.Can anyone tell me how much MII diors stretch, I have the indigo 19cm and the waist has stretched out a lot, but at the top of the leg there too tight and not enought stretching has occurred.

id rather keep these instead of sell them so im hoping a lot of strecthing will occur, there still very raw.

2. Also if there is anyone thats had both the 19cm and 21cm cut, could you clarify if the 19cm is as better as some people say.. because I can pick up some black dior 21cm for £130 and don't want to pass on it if the cut of them is good.

stretch about an inch or two

21cm fit more straight think NS.. depends on ur body type but honestly ur questions all have subjective answers

got my sz 30 grey dauphins, hows the fit?

i need them hemmed maybe 2-3inches or so.. im just a bit concerned because they are pretty loose in the waist. without a belt they sit comfortably on my hips with a cm or so of space, but also keep in mind the grey dauphins have some stretch polyeuruthane in them.

what do you guys think?

id like to go down to a 29 but these are getting harder to find imo

dauphin014.jpg

what do you guys think?

I think the camera angle you took the picture at makes you look a bit squashed in general. You don't look like a size 30 at all judging by the angle. It's just a trick of the angle and the mirror (it was and still is used in carnivals for shock effect...I remember going in some sort of trippy hall of mirrors as a kid).

..... wahhh? :confused:
I think the camera angle you took the picture at makes you look a bit squashed in general. You don't look like a size 30 at all judging by the angle. It's just a trick of the angle and the mirror (it was and still is used in carnivals for shock effect...I remember going in some sort of trippy hall of mirrors as a kid).

JuyLe said that for the same reason that derdankhund gave. The angle of the picture makes everything look off.

I think you should grab a pair of 29's, and I need to find some money to take those off your hands, haha.

While it's not a great angle, I think the fit is alright. Definitely enjoying the amount of stacking, but they look a bit loose, particularly around the knees. I'm not sure if that's what you want or not, but if there's a bit of space as is with the 30's, maybe the 29's really could work.

Non-angled, straight-on shot would be helpful, though.

I think it's just your height homi, not to make any digs. You might be better in a 34" inseam/a touch lower in the rise, like Skulls or something.

hailxenu looks like the same overall build as you and does tapered jeans ok, but I think he has to modify his jeans...

I think I finally have all this sizing mumbo jumbo figured out, but just curious about something. For those saying they sized down 1, is this from your typical size or from your raw jean size? I pretty much wear a 31 in all non-raw jeans, but size down to a 30 for my raw stuff. I'm looking to get a pair of MIJ 21cm's and am not going for the super skinny look and wear most of my jeans loose in the waist/slouched on the hips, but I also don't want them to be super baggy/sloppy, more of a somewhat slim straight leg. Am I safe in assuming that sticking with my raw jean size (ie sized down 1 from what I would normally wear) is the way to go, or are most sizing down an additional size from what they usually wear in raws?

homi, mine kinda fit the same way(mine are a bit tighter), i am hemming 3 inches off of mine, mine look more like im wearing a 21 cm cut, so far i've even traded for one size down, i could have probably gone down another...

either way, its a different fit than usual, and i think once the jeans are worn for a few weeks, it'll better shape your body

i think too it is cause i am only 5'8

wow these dior homme jeans are beautiful, do they not make any for women's?

Women's Dior (the mainline) is done by a different designer, and I don't think he's made anything like them for women. The skinnest of jeans (17 to 19cm) in the smaller sizes should work for most women.