Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

The indigos were always a bit softer than the blacks. The black raws are incredibly stiff.

The 21cm black raws I got weren't that stiff.....but I bought them online, brand new though. Have had them for a year / about 6 months of wear, and fading is little if not none. And I should have sized down 2 more.....now you got me wondering how a pair of stiff black raws in the perfect size would have turned out.......:confused:

The 21cm black raws I got weren't that stiff.....but I bought them online, brand new though. Have had them for a year / about 6 months of wear, and fading is little if not none. And I should have sized down 2 more.....now you got me wondering how a pair of stiff black raws in the perfect size would have turned out.......:confused:

mine werent that stiff either...

I wear 21cm's too, and I think you definitely rock yours well. They're a great slim cut on you. How tall are you?

I'm 5'11-6 about 137. Thanks alot. I'm thinking about dry cleaning to see if they shrink a little but overall get rid of stains. Just wondering how much color I'm going to lose.

I'm 5'11-6 about 137. Thanks alot. I'm thinking about dry cleaning to see if they shrink a little but overall get rid of stains. Just wondering how much color I'm going to lose.

if a drycleaners knows what they are doing, dry cleaning won't shrink them at all. i own a bunch of drycleaners.

I have been fruitlessly searching SuFu for any advice on where to get my 21 cm silver selvages hemmed. I'm in San Francisco, and I imagine that the selvage makes the hemming a bit trickier than the non-selvage raws. Any recommendations? Sorry if this was answered somewhere in the previous 3,000 pages on this thread, but fwiw I did try searching.

Selvage doesn't make it any harder to hem. The silver part you see isn't what makes it selvage, it's the way the denim is constructed.

I'd be careful with hemming though, I have the black silver selvage and at first I wanted to hem them really badly (I'm about 5'8'' or so) but the honeycombs took a lot of length out, and then they seemed to lose a lot when I washed them. Then again it's totally up to you.

Guest heathunter881

quick question, does diors look off when wearing a regular size tee? when i mean regular t-shirt, i meant your true size and not the baggy ones like 3XL. i'm a true medium by the way. i've been trying to find a slimmer type denim, something slimmer than my 1947LVC501 for the Vans Era/Authentic models, but i always find myself questioning the look because the length of the shirt tends to hang.

Guest heathunter881
Just sloch the jeans slightly and the length of the shirt wont be so bad. I do think that if you're wearing a more fitted pair of jeans they look sloppy with a baggier shirt though.

i feel. i had a pair of dauphins but i bought the wrong size. shoulda gotten a 32 or 33 (true waist size) instead of a 31 so i could have sagged a good amount. at the time i didn't know dauphins don't stretch much, but if i was to get a raw denim now, a size 32 would probably fit good on me. im a fan of the 21cm.

Okay so I've read quite a bit of stuff back and forth on the subject... but, how much will Dior's actually stretch?

I'm a comfortable 32. Should I buy a 32? My most recent purchase was a pair of Imperial Shearers in size 31. They were ridic painful for about 2 weeks and now they fit awesome. Dior's the same?...

Okay so I've read quite a bit of stuff back and forth on the subject... but, how much will Dior's actually stretch?

I'm a comfortable 32. Should I buy a 32? My most recent purchase was a pair of Imperial Shearers in size 31. They were ridic painful for about 2 weeks and now they fit awesome. Dior's the same?...

the best way to know is measure your best fitting jeans and refer to this

How does the sizing work?

The waist when laid flat measures half the tag size plus one. Meaning a 28 is 15" (28/2 + 1). A 30 measures 16", a 31 is 16.5", and so on.

The jeans will stretch about an inch. (The official advice from Dior Homme (the NYC store/ US Flagship at least) is to get the jeans that are tight in the waist when you try them on.)

Also keep in mind that these jeans have a low rise. If your TRUE waist is a 30, (and I mean waist, not at or just above your hips, where you will wear the jeans), and the are at or right above the hips are like 34", don't be surprised that when you buy a 27 or a 28 and they're way too tight.

Finally, the hem measurements. For Raw MIJ, the hems work like this:

19cm: A size 32 measures 19cm. a 31 measures 18.5cm, a 30 is 18cm, a 33 is 19.5cm. You should be able to figure out the rest from there.

For a MIJ 21cm, add 2cm to the measurement for the MIJ 19cm raw.

For MIJ washed, subtract 1cm from the raw size in the cut you're after.

For MII jeans, add 1cm to the size for the equivalent MIJ size/style/cut.

as for the stretch i will measure my 29 black mijs and let you know how much they have stretched from what the waist measurement *should* have been gimme some tiem plz

ive had my MIJ 19cm for about a year and a half now, never washed them, only have maybe 70-80 wears in them, i dont wear them much cause they are so damn tight in the thighs they are uncomfortable to wear for too long, will they ever get better? should i wash them, will that help?

Hello guys, urgent help needed. I know that the reference code for the MIJ Raw Indigo 19 cm is 8E3110530184-502 but the salesperson at the DH boutique in Hong Kong told me that they only have 8E3110530184-500. Is 502 and 500 a completely different wash? I am worried that it is washed blue instead of raw indigo, or maybe it is the model with a button instead of the clasp. I m unable to view the item as somebody is helping me get the pair. Anybody has any idea? Thanks so much.

500 does not really exist as a reference code, its the same as 50x. The last digit means the size. With 1 meaning the smallest size (26) and 10 (36) the largest. Its the first set of numbers that tells you the item (in this case jeans) you're getting. The 5 means blue and the last digit means the size.