MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn looks like this one will be too hot and heavy for me, I regret passing on the chambray, anyone have a new/like new in m?

We've got a medium at SEPDX.

Soaked my large Okinawa CPO. 30 minute hot soak. Here are the post soak measurements

Chest: 22 -> 20

Shoulder: 19 -> 18

Sleeve: 26 -> 24.5

Pretty happy with the fit. Looks like mine shrunk to about the size of a pre-soak medium. 

Just hot soaked and dried mine, shrunk about 1.5 inches in chest, 0.5 in shoulder.

Stiff as hell at the moment, hence it looks a bit tent...y, but it will soften up and fall naturally soon.

edit: this is an XL btw.

FullSizeRender_zps7cbea40e.jpg

Edited by Aries

XP from the SelfEdge thread.

Got my Okinawa CPO today

Pre-soak

FullSizeRender_zps401eb8a5.jpg

IMG_4937_zpse4542318.jpg

FullSizeRender2_zpsf8196b37.jpg

IMG_4940_zps8fbad285.jpg

During Soak

IMG_4950_zps4f9da95e.jpg

This thing is a monster shirt. Still a bit warm to wear this around here but its cooling quick. Can't F'N wait. 

For those of you that missed out on the Pantalones Ouvrier in the incredible fading Indigo Metisse when it was available, I've got a barely worn sz 34 (french size 44) that I just posted on ebay:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331341611377&roken=cUgayN&soutkn=cXDP9Q 

My Californian Okinawas arrived yesterday. I threw them in a warm - hot soak and agitated aggressively for about five minutes. After about two hours (only because I went to dinner - I'd normally only soak for ~30 minutes) I threw them in the dryer until they were just a little damp. I'm wearing them for the first time today, and here are my thoughts:

1. The details on these are so awesome; I love the matte black buttons, the olive stitching, the lined back pockets, the M-arcs, and the blank leather back pocket patch. Don't really care about the camo, but it certainly doesn't turn me off.

2. My shrinking process is aggressive, but I was still surprised by how much these shrunk. There's really no need to hem and I think the inseam started out at 36.

3. These are the highest rise jeans I've ever owned and it felt a little weird when I first put them on, but after wearing for a few hours I'm not sure I can go back to lower rise jeans.

4. The cut on these is really great. I have relatively large thighs and was skeptical that these would work for me when I looked at the measurements. Indeed, when they shrunk down the thighs were a bit tight but they've stretched out nicely after a few hours of wear. The jeans look a bit baggy / retro on Christophe, but for me they are a nice slim - straight fit. In fact, I think I like the fit so much I'm actually considering getting one of the other versions to have some different fabric options in this cut.

5. The left hand leg twist is crazy

6. This Okinawa denim has the most amazing texture I've ever felt in a denim fabric.

That's all.

Edited by Quoise1203

Posting measurements of my shirt to help anybody that may be considering this

Mister Freedom Chambray Patrol Shirt – Small

Hot Soaked and Dried (in dryer on high for max shrinkage)

BEFORE

Chest: 40

Length: 28.1

Sleeve: 24.3

Shoulder: 17.2

AFTER

Chest: 38

Length: 26

Sleeve: 22.5

Shoulder: 16.2

Edited by kiya

need some pics.  when you mentioned these a week or so ago I checked them ouyt and decided I need a pair.  Im resisting though, but its very tempting

+1 on the pics. did you order direct from MF? if it was a bit easier (cheaper) to get a pair to me in the UK I think id have ordered a pair by now

I'll try to get some fit pics up within the next week or so. For product details you can't beat the product page on Mister Freedom's site.

I did indeed purchase them direct from Mister Freedom. Checkout was a breeze via paypal and they were shipped and delivered within 4 business days. Not sure what the shipping / logistics would be like shipping to Europe.

Another couple of days wearing these and my impression continues to improve. I can't stop touching the fabric! Another great detail is how roomy and accessible the front pockets are.

I can't explicitly suggest you pick these up Gnomes, because I know you have a bunch of other pairs you are working on, but I reckon you wouldn't necessarily regret it if you did!

For the Okinawa shirt, should I order a medium or large? 

I am a size 40 in The Flat Head shirts, and a medium in 3Sixteen shirts... 

I want to go try it on at Self Edge, but they only have small or medium. 

Thanks in advanced fellow denim enthusiasts :D

i wear a 40 in flathead shirts and medium in MF shirts and the (rinsed) medium i tried on was almost big enough to wear as a shirt jacket (which is how i would wear it if i had bought it, i didn't buy it b/c the chest-pocket looked weirdly large on me for some reason..);  i didn't try on the large so i can't say whether it would be too large to look good for you..maybe it could work as a shirt jacket.  if you want a fitted shirt you may want to try a small or medium hot wash&dry.  oddly enough i did get the new indigo metisse shirt in a size large and it fits perfectly after a warm wash&dry..

i wear a 40 in flathead shirts and medium in MF shirts and the (rinsed) medium i tried on was almost big enough to wear as a shirt jacket (which is how i would wear it if i had bought it, i didn't buy it b/c the chest-pocket looked weirdly large on me for some reason..);  i didn't try on the large so i can't say whether it would be too large to look good for you..maybe it could work as a shirt jacket.  if you want a fitted shirt you may want to try a small or medium hot wash&dry.  oddly enough i did get the new indigo metisse shirt in a size large and it fits perfectly after a warm wash&dry..

edited

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

For the Okinawa shirt, should I order a medium or large? 

I am a size 40 in The Flat Head shirts, and a medium in 3Sixteen shirts... 

I want to go try it on at Self Edge, but they only have small or medium. 

Thanks in advanced fellow denim enthusiasts :D

Sounds like you could wear a medium for a fitted shirt or large for roomier fit